Replies: 25594 (Who?), Viewed: 700683 times.
Page 1024 of 1024
Top Secret Researcher
#25576 Old Yesterday at 2:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnziie
If a Sim has a grand vampire move into the household, will any children of the opposite gender to the Grand Vampire gain the Count(ess)' unique hair/outfits?

I've had kids with grand vampires, they're completely normal kids and don't get special outfits or hair. The outfits and hair that the vampires use is freely available for any sim to use, but I don't think there's an equivalent outfit for children or teens.
Top Secret Researcher
#25577 Old Yesterday at 3:10 AM
Well, for teens there's the old exchange outfits; I think they're included in Skell's teen vampire completer set here: https://ts2repositoryproject.tumblr...mpires-original

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Mad Poster
#25578 Old Yesterday at 3:35 AM
I wonder if there is a limit to how many custom songs (mp3 format) you can add. I got 126 for the nhood mode alone. Each station has about an extra 30 taken mostly from TS3/4.

My Soundcloud, where I upload some things I make.
Lab Assistant
#25579 Old Yesterday at 4:11 AM
@AndrewGloria Thank you! I knew you had a thread out there about it somewhere, I just couldn't remember where. Best of luck with the wedding!
Mad Poster
#25580 Old Yesterday at 7:03 AM
Ever notice a sim can be sound asleep and the will "think": I'v very excited that I tried this tinkering activity" etc. What's THAT all about?!

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#25581 Old Yesterday at 7:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by grammapat
Ever notice a sim can be sound asleep and the will "think"
It's them dreaming!

I always try to "tread softly lest I tread on their dreams". (after W.B. Yeats)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
Mad Poster
#25582 Old Yesterday at 1:21 PM
I've noticed that they can skill while dreaming! Once in a while a pixel will earn a skill point or enthusiasm for their hobby while asleep.
Talk about learning while you sleep!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
Scholar
#25583 Old Yesterday at 1:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I've noticed that they can skill while dreaming! Once in a while a pixel will earn a skill point or enthusiasm for their hobby while asleep.
Talk about learning while you sleep!

I've seen enthusiasm but never a skill. What if they max their skill while asleep? What would the memory look like?

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Mad Poster
#25584 Old Yesterday at 4:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pideli
I've seen enthusiasm but never a skill. What if they max their skill while asleep? What would the memory look like?

I don't know, but I'm sure they'd wake up happy!

My downloads of various stuff: https://www.mediafire.com/#myfiles (including funerals!)
-.-- -.-- --..
retired moderator
#25585 Old Yesterday at 6:09 PM
Wouldn't it be wonderful if I could just have an early night and wake up with a PhD...
Mad Poster
#25586 Old Yesterday at 6:44 PM
I've seen articles like that IRL about learning foreign languages while asleep, especially when stereo tape recorders became popular in 60-ies and 70-ies. Maybe some modder can take a look at how enthusiasm increase asleep works and add it to learning charisma skill. They can talk with mirror asleep too.
Field Researcher
#25587 Old Yesterday at 6:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annaminna
I've seen articles like that IRL about learning foreign languages while asleep, especially when stereo tape recorders became popular in 60-ies and 70-ies. Maybe some modder can take a look at how enthusiasm increase asleep works and add it to learning charisma skill.

Or any other skill.

I'm not creating sims/sims stuff anymore, but I'm still in the creative path, check part of my current creations at my J.R.'s Angels page
Feel free to call me J.R., all my friends calls me in that way.
Mad Poster
#25588 Old Yesterday at 9:10 PM
And that "learning while asleep" has been disproved. So Maxis just made some random skills (or at least enthusiasm) while a Sim sleeps. Sorry, I think it's stupid.

Namaste... or "go"
Mad Poster
#25589 Old Yesterday at 9:34 PM
Well, Mendeleyev saw his periodic table of elements in dreams and created it after waking up, so who knows.
Mad Poster
#25590 Old Yesterday at 11:03 PM
I've read where some novelists wrote their stuff after dreaming about it. Stephen King, I think is one of those, but he's famous for instigating nightmares for his readers!

Scholar
#25591 Old Yesterday at 11:48 PM
Any ideas what to do with perfect elves? Or just perfect sims in general.
(Who have maxed all skills, life skills, medals and have permaplat.)
Except making them unselectable and letting them roam free, which is what I've been doing lol. It was fine for a while but now it's starting to get a little repetitive. I need something new.

Omnia - Fantasy / Mythological / Medieval Hood
Ephemera MoreColorful - SimpleSkin Recolors
Link Ninja
#25592 Old Today at 2:17 AM
Quote:
Except making them unselectable and letting them roam free, which is what I've been doing lol. It was fine for a while but now it's starting to get a little repetitive. I need something new.

Make them have a war. Not just any war. A war where they participate in Rap Battles. Whoever wins gets to banish the loser to the sim bin where they sleep for 100 years. Once they emerge, it's a new era.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Field Researcher
#25593 Old Today at 2:49 AM
Quote:

I play with aging on, so their time is limited but once their kids have moved out or the grandkids don't need them as babysitters any longer, I find a relatively unused section of the house, have them go there and instruct them to meditate. Meditation keeps their motives from dropping so I don't even have to worry about them being fed. If they still have jobs, I'll cancel the meditation for them to go to work, but otherwise they can just meditate away their remaining days.

Chris Hatch also made a Senior Centre mod that allows elder Sims to go off lot during the day, perhaps meet someone new while there, and maybe even bring back some craft thing they made while at the Centre that they can display or sell. I'll use that sometimes just so their rotation days go quicker.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Test Subject
#25594 Old Today at 2:52 AM
How can I manage to keep a vampire servo alive? They seem to sometimes be fine in the sun doing chores in the day and I don't see their power decrease much, but occasionally I see their power tank A LOT and they won't stay sleeping in coffins unlike normal vampires.
Mad Poster
#25595 Old Today at 4:43 AM
Default yes, that
Quote:
Originally Posted by FranH
I've read where some novelists wrote their stuff after dreaming about it. Stephen King, I think is one of those, but he's famous for instigating nightmares for his readers!

I do agree with you and Annamina. Lots of famous things were done after dreams (might be the mind sorting things out). And there are also stories about people being "told" or "shown" something... I am a believer. When you're asleep your brain isn't "off", but it can't hear/learn from a recording to learn a language, break a habit, etc.

Namaste... or "go"
Page 1024 of 1024