Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th May 2024 at 9:40 PM Last edited by chitownriverscum : 6th May 2024 at 5:33 PM.
Default Still looking…Hawaiian outfits, for LARGE Sims. AND a deco Doberman
I’m sort of reviving my quest from maybe a year ago, only now I’m looking for specifically Hawaiian-style tops (sometimes known as Aloha shirts), and specifically for very large male Sims. Did anyone ever make “tropical” outfits for the Consort bodyshape? I have a bit of a Magnum, P.I. hood happening at the moment, and it would be nice to have some hefty local gangsters around, big bruiser types in floral shirts; I always thought it was an interesting image.

Also useful would be other types of Pacific island wear for both male and female sims- hula outfits, muumuus, etc… and plus-sized, specifically. Although I imagine some of this stuff became more widespread after the advent of Bon Voyage, it’s still usually quite a challenge to find anything for Sims who aren’t of the scrawny original Maxis shape. Making them “fat” doesn’t usually help, either… it just gives them a potbelly.

Related to the hood but not to the outfits, I’m also looking for deco Doberman pinschers to stand in for Zeus and Apollo. I have a Rottweiler “statue” with a menacing gleam in its eye, but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a Doberman.

Screenshots:”Artie Canoe” on Magnum, actor Jake Hoopai, and real-life Hawaiian hitman Ronnie Ching.
Screenshots

Ladies and gentlemen, take my advice:
pull down your pants and slide on the ice.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 6th May 2024 at 4:12 PM
Can't help you with the plus size stuff, but Dobermans are already available as a pet breed.
Instructor
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th May 2024 at 5:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Can't help you with the plus size stuff, but Dobermans are already available as a pet breed.

Yeah, I don’t have Pets, so I was hoping there would be a deco Doberman out there somewhere. I’ll take a look at Garden of Shadows. Also, I just yesterday figured out how to filter searches on Tumblr, so I might get lucky there.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 7th May 2024 at 1:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by chitownriverscum
Yeah, I don’t have Pets, so I was hoping there would be a deco Doberman out there somewhere. I’ll take a look at Garden of Shadows. Also, I just yesterday figured out how to filter searches on Tumblr, so I might get lucky there.

No puppies? The horror! XD

Wait, how do you filter searches on Tumblr?
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#5 Old 7th May 2024 at 7:41 PM
There are some generic dogs on KatVIP:
https://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/kativi...imals/4-1-0-723
More like Rottweiler than Dobermanns though.
Instructor
Original Poster
#6 Old 8th May 2024 at 7:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
There are some generic dogs on KatVIP:
https://kativip.ucoz.ru/load/kativi...imals/4-1-0-723
More like Rottweiler than Dobermanns though.

Yeah, I believe that's the one I have, from Kativip.

Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 8th May 2024 at 7:36 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
No puppies? The horror! XD

Wait, how do you filter searches on Tumblr?

No, the best I can do are those animated chickens, etc. (from Beck, maybe). The kids can play with them, and have fun, and they move, so it's kind of like having pets.😜
On Tumblr you can - under your account settings - add tags and keywords to a "do not display" list, which really only blurs the posts that have those, and you can choose to override the blur, or not as you please. Unfortunately it doesn't really filter them out, per se, but it's better than nothing, and at least I can breezily scroll past people's "getting to know me" 20-questions-type blatherings (as if anyone cared) without becoming violently ill, in the hope of finding useful, downloadable content. It did take a LOT of adding tags, though, before I got to this point.

Mad Poster
#8 Old 8th May 2024 at 2:12 PM
It sucks that you can't buy Pets anymore.