Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 23rd Jan 2006 at 5:38 AM
For people wanting to convert wmv goto http://www.oldversion.com/ and download the virtualdub they have. it's an older version made before micro$oft made the licencing law.
you can happly have the old version and new version of virtual on your maching. because they don't install too your pc
Advertisement
Test Subject
#77 Old 26th Jan 2006 at 8:17 AM
could you use something like WinAVI and convert the movie to DivX AVI?
PGT

Quote:
C.A.I is coming soon!
#78 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 8:38 PM
can you repost those pictures at the begining? all i see is red x
#79 Old 13th Apr 2006 at 8:42 PM
scratch that just realized the pics at the bottom go with the top
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 25th May 2006 at 1:40 AM
I have managed to convert .wmvs with RAD Video Tools. As a general note, the frame rate doesn't HAVE to be 15, that's just the max. If you have a relatively slowly moving picture and you want to use a compression that gives better picture than VP, shaving some frames off will reduce file size nicely. I use 10 and 12 FPS a lot and they are perfectly tolerable.
Test Subject
#81 Old 31st May 2006 at 12:54 PM
vchat, were arer all the pictures
Part-time Hermit
#82 Old 31st May 2006 at 12:55 PM
You can see the pictures as attachments at the bottom of the post.
Test Subject
#83 Old 31st May 2006 at 1:09 PM
is that all of the pictures, because i dont know what to fill in on resize
Field Researcher
#84 Old 10th Jul 2006 at 3:44 PM
Thank you so much for this! It worked perfectly and the video quality is pretty cool too. Excellent straight forward tutorial ;-)
#85 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 8:04 PM
oh nooooooo everthingelse worked but when it comes to the part were you have to pick MPEG layer-3 56k thing it doesn't show up ???????? PLEASE HELP.

AbstractSIMmer187 Has Retired From Sims 2 Creating
All Of My Creations Are Found Here
Lab Assistant
#86 Old 27th Aug 2006 at 3:51 PM
Perhaps you have VirtualDubMod, which doesn't have the sound conversion thing included. In that case get the proper virtualdub, or extract the sound, use some other program to convert it and then re-add it. I did this for a while... inconvenient.

A lurking translator who goes stealthily converting text strings into finnish when he feels like doing that, which is very rarely.
Test Subject
#87 Old 26th Sep 2006 at 8:09 PM
I've discovered a fast and really awesome way of extracting and converting videos from youtube. All you need is the Video downloader plugin for firefox and a free program called Riva FLV encoder. Use the videodownloader to save your movie, then get the Riva FLV encoder to convert them to an avi, you even can set the resolution and the framerate on the side, so it does everything for you.

Link to the Videodownloader: https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2390/
Link to Riva FLV encoder: http://rivavx.de/index.php?downloads&L=3
Test Subject
#88 Old 13th Oct 2006 at 9:11 PM
Default Protection Error When Trying To Play Video
If you are getting an error when attempting to play your videos, go to this site: http://www.on2.com/downloads/vp6-decoder and download the latest VP6 decoder, which is the decoder used by Maxis.

USE THE VP60 OR VP61 DECODER FOR YOUR VIDEOS
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 8:42 PM Last edited by MicBri : 14th Feb 2007 at 8:55 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by vickysakamoto
Oh I am so jealous. Thats pretty cool. Still, I wonder why the audio just wont work for me.

Anyway, have fun

We had the same exact prob with same results, selected show all as you did at first & to get by the prob. "all we did" was went to "audio conversion" and selected 22050 hz in there. & it worked!

Hope this helps anyone with this prob.

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 14th Feb 2007 at 8:45 PM Last edited by MicBri : 14th Feb 2007 at 8:54 PM.
Great and simple tut. thanks so much It Works

Oh, roh bitah!
Looking for the graveyards?
There "All" Here! -> The Sims Graveyard - http://thesimsgraveyard.com, In One Place :)
Test Subject
#91 Old 22nd Mar 2007 at 9:32 PM
Great tutorial but, here's my problem.

I have converted 2 music videos just the way the tutorial says. Once I have added them to the game, my sim will watch 3 seconds and suut the tv off. This happens EVERY time. I shut free will off and still have the same issue. I removed the videos and tried the normal sim stations and I still get the same issue now.

Anyone have any ideas about this?

I emptied my downloads folder thinking I may have had something in there that was making this happen but I still have the same issue.

-Chris
Test Subject
#92 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 12:16 AM
Now how do i get my video into game?
Test Subject
#93 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TK666ply
Now how do i get my video into game?

C:\My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Movies\Broadcast and then choose the appropriate folder
Test Subject
#94 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 10:18 AM Last edited by TK666ply : 23rd Mar 2007 at 3:07 PM.
But dosent need to be a .movie? and what about the broadcast ini? and how do i make my own channle
Test Subject
#95 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 4:03 PM
But dosent need to be a .movie? and what about the broadcast ini? and how do i make my own channle

Read thru this tutorial. It needs to be an .avi .
As for custom channels. Do a search, there is a tutorial for that too.
Test Subject
#96 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 5:56 PM
Thank you but onthing what is SimPE and how do i get it?
Test Subject
#97 Old 23rd Mar 2007 at 6:44 PM
Thank you but onthing what is SimPE and how do i get it?

You do not need SimPE to edit vids for the game. Just the movie file and virtualdub.

-Chris
Test Subject
#98 Old 3rd Apr 2007 at 7:59 AM
Error
I followed the tutorial correctly but every time I am finished and click Save as AVI I get the error shown below.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#99 Old 24th Apr 2007 at 8:39 PM
Just a quick question. I have all my videos converted and they work great (thanks for the tutorial.) My only problem now is that my girlfriend enjoys watching television episodes in the background while she's playing, sadly the sims are either always changing the channel or turning off the TV when they get up. Is there any way to avoid this at all, possibly a hack of some sort?
Test Subject
#100 Old 18th May 2007 at 10:29 AM
hey i tried placing one of the captured video files in the movies folder itself (the video files that you captured in the game) and imported it into one of my channels. Worked pretty fine though. The quality of the video was 800 Kbps video, with a 128kbps bit rate audio (i think), 320x240 resolution and frame rate of 29.98 fps.
Page 4 of 6