Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2015 at 2:17 AM Last edited by WingedCat : 13th Mar 2015 at 1:36 PM. Reason: just 'cause
Runaway Legacy
Hi, this is my first challenge on Mod The Sims, and probably my second ever. It's very similar to the Runaway Teen challenge and the Legacy challenge, I give credit to the creators (I dunno how to post links, sorry)
BACKSTORY
You ran away from home as a child, because your parents were abusing you badly. When you became a teenager you bought a plot of land far away from civilization. You had always dreamed of starting a legacy, and set two goals for yourself: survive and build a house, and start a legacy.

Okay, okay, you can change the backstory a bit, that's just my example. So long as they ran away from home for some reason and bought a plot. (Nope, didn't mean to make that rhyme. It does anyway
LAND SIZE
Okay, so like the original legacy you DO keep the same lot... sorta. More into that later. But your starting lot can be any size and shape. (Well, not really shape, as they're all square but y'know what I mean. ) You can choose a larger lot, (easier), or a smaller lot. (harder). Just buy a lot Oh btw it HAS to be empty. No ifs, ands, or buts.
FOUNDER
So, the founder is veeery similar to the original version... except for their age. Your founder must be a teenager. There are multiple ways to do this. Use a mod, use testingcheatsenabled (Start them out as a young adult, then in game shift-click on them with testingcheatsenabled true and click edit in create-a-sim. Then make them a teenager), or start out with an unrelated adult sim and kill them off. That last one is not the best, as the teen gets a long-lasting, low-mood 'Mourning' moodlet. The founder may be however you like, just please don't use a more traits mod for them. Give them four traits and ONLY four traits, or else you will lose a point for every extra trait!!!!! This sim may also have only ONE helping trait.
Helping Trait List
Kleptomaniac
Green Thumb
Natural Cook
Handy
Born Salesman/woman
Dramatic (they can fake pass out to gain energy)
Mooch
Avant Garde (I'm thinking outside the box So sorry )
Bookworm
Computer Whiz
Gatherer
Virtuoso (You CAN make money with it!)
Savvy Sculptor
Eccentric (Hey, I'm giving you Genius up for grabs! Thank me for that!)
Loves the Cold
Loves the Heat (They could burn or freeze.)
Lucky
Unlucky (Escape death)
Angler
Frugal
Rebellious (Only good to some people)

If you have a mod that let's you choose hidden traits, these also apply to the above list:
Immune to Fire

Aaand that's it.

Okay that's my list.
Also, try to give them at least one bad trait from this list:

Absent-minded
Evil
Mean-spirited
Hates the outdoors
Hates Art
Insane
Neurotic
Unstable
Clumsy
Couch Potato
Coward
Light Sleeper (This and the one below are only bad to some people)
Heavy Sleeper
Never Nude (makes it hard to woohoo and bring in the next generation, huh? :lovestruc )
Unlucky (Good trait for some, bad for others)
Slob (You don't think your boyfriend will want to visit you if you live in a pigsty, do you? )
Commitment Issues
Dislikes Children
Grumpy
Inappropriate
Loner (Actually, in real life it helps a bit...)
Loser
Socially Awkward
Shy
Supernatural Skeptic
Unflirty
Childish (Not as bad as the others, but not the best either)
Hot-headed
Over-emotional
Technophobe
Rebellious (Only bad to some people)

You don't have to choose a trait from the above list, but every time you do you get an extra point

Also, regarding supernaturals, only certain ones are allowed.
Allowed:
Ghosts
Vampires
Mermaids
Plumbot
Witch
Fairy

Not Allowed:
Mummy
Genie
Basically everything else I haven't listed on the allowed list

With fairy and witch, I'll set some 'magic rules'. Only allowed to transform items as a witch twice per week, and with fairy, only allowed to make plants automatically grow twice per week. Even when you age up. Sorry, rules are rules, and I didn't make them. (Okay, technically I did, but don't let the public know )

Forgot to add it, but you have to use familyfunds to give your founder $100 at the start. From now on, no more money cheats.

BRINGING IN THE NEXT GENERATION
So, when your founder is married, you have to have kids. Any number is fine. You MUST have the heir chosen by the time they are a teen, or you lose a point! The heir can be male or female, whatever you want. First born, second born, I don't care. Okay, so there once your heir is all grown up and is a teen, you must MOVE THEM OUT. Say they ran away. You must move them onto an empty plot, any size. I recommend the smaller ones as you won't be living there forever. So you must accomplish with your heir what you did with the founder. Build a house, survive, get married/have a boy/girlfriend, that kind of stuff. Your teen may have a child as a teen, it doesn't matter. Once your teen grows to a young adult, move them back to the founder's lot. This process repeats every generation. Hey, by the way it doesn't matter why the teen ran away. Just don't actually abuse them or you will have them taken away.
RULES
1. You may only have a part-time job when you have some sort of house (1 bed, 1 living, 1 bathroom)
2. You can get a full-time job when you a) have a kid or b) become a young adult.
3. For the first 5 generations, you may NOT marry somebody who is marked as 'rich'.
4. When your husband/wife lives with you, you MUST move them into your founder's house, not the other way 'round.
5. You may sell any sorts of collectables or stolen items, or dumpster items, or trash items that you find.
6. You can replace items found in a junkyard.
7. Have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
-10 every time you a heir ages up in the starting plot
+5 for every negative trait you use in any sim
-1 every time you hire a babysitter
-10 every time you hire a butler/maid
+1 every single child you have
+2 for twins
+2 for triplets
+4 for quads (try managing that! No really, it's hard )
+5 every boy/girlfriend
+10 every fiance
+15 every marriage
+50 every affair :lovestruc
-60 every caught affair
+100 every baby born from affairs (+200 twins, +300 triplets... )
-5 every extra trait
OTHER NOTES
You can go in any world you like. Also, if I missed a good/bad trait on the list above, please tell me.

Can you post updates on your sims? I love to see that stuff!
Happy Simming!
Oh, also try to use NRaas Mover mod for teen-only households. Sorry I don't have a link.

It's so long... sorry
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#2 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 12:22 AM
hello? anybody here?
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Mar 2015 at 8:02 PM
yes
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#4 Old 22nd Mar 2015 at 8:24 PM
hai then

scooby dooby don't
Test Subject
#5 Old 16th Jun 2016 at 6:56 AM
I know this thread is like ancient but I have a question about the marriage thing. Does your runaway teen have to be married before they have a child? Thanks
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#6 Old 3rd Dec 2016 at 7:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LuckySilverCat
I know this thread is like ancient but I have a question about the marriage thing. Does your runaway teen have to be married before they have a child? Thanks

Oh I forgot about this thread

No, they don't. I mean, they can if you want them to. Either way works.

scooby dooby don't