Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:50 PM
Default Can ALL Sims 2, EPs and Stuff Packs be installed BEFORE playing?
My old computer crashed big time, lost a lot of stuff, including Sims 2.
I bought a new bigger and much better computer and have been slowly getting things back in place.

My question is: Can I install The Sims 2, all the Expansion Packs, and part of the Stuff Packs before I play? Or..do I need to play in game before I go on to the next EP or Stuff Pack?

Humm...I'm thinking I need to go in and attach each EP to a neighborhood.
Otherwise a humungous amount of things needing to be done. Have I answered my own question?
Holly
Advertisement
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#2 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:56 PM
No reason you can't just install them all and go play. It may take a while to generate all the stealth neighborhoods and suchlike that are attached (Pets, Weather, etc.) but if you want to just install the lot and then play, that's fine.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
transmogrified
retired moderator
#3 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 9:58 PM
You can install TS2, all EPs + SPs before launching the game. The first launch might take slightly longer to build your user files, but not longer than installing one EP, launching, quitting, installing the next, etc.

ETA: I must learn to press shiny buttons faster.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#4 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:19 PM
Don't forget to patch !

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:26 PM
uhh...Patch each and every EP and/or Stuff Pack? I though things were all updated when the downloader does its little thing at the end and checks for all updates and proceeds to tell me I'm all updated.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#6 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 10:47 PM
Download and install every patch. If it says the game is updated, no harm, just move on to the next one. And no, previous games do not always patch prior ones.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 30th Jun 2009 at 11:00 PM
Ok, will do. I assumed the little message was telling me the "Patch" had been installed and obviously it wasn't. Don't assume, verify. Thanks to all for info. I've had so many problems with The Sims 2, crashes, missing files, and CC that I dropped into wrong file.
Heh...I'll learn eventually.
Holly
Instructor
#8 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 2:49 AM
HollyEtta, you are posting in the wrong forum. If you have Free Time you are running the Windows version of the game. You must have Boot Camp. It matters, because installation of the Mac game is much different from installation of the PC game.

You need to patch each EP as you install it. You don't need to run the game after each EP as you would on a Mac.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#9 Old 1st Jul 2009 at 12:57 PM
Nope, this is the main Sims 2 Help forum.

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.