Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 2:11 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Assistance Needed
Forgive me if this is in the wrong section, I looked through the listings and couldn't find anything that the question really fit in to. Thanks for being patient. I recently found myself in need of reformatting and reinstalling my OS. Not wanting to lose my current Sims 2 information, neighborhoods, and families, I looked through the net in an attempt to learn which folders to back up. I backed up the Downloads, Neighborhoods, and projects folders, however there was nothing in my saved sims folders so I didn't think anything of it.

Now that I have the OS up and running and my current games reloaded and reinstalled, the new install doesn't "see" the files. I know they are there because I can find all of my various files and screenshots for each neighborhood in each neighborhood section. I'm kind of at a loss, is there anyone who might be able to give a bit of guidance?

If this post needs to be moved, I apologize and thank you.

Windows XP
Sims 2 - All games and expansions except Mansions and Ikea
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 5th Jul 2009 at 8:10 PM
What is your game not seeing? Is it custom content or all of the backed up material?

I assume you put your backup in the correct place: mydocs>eagames>sims2 ?

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.