Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 3:58 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 24th Aug 2010 at 5:11 PM.
Default Robert Duvall, Pleaassee... would anyone be willing to help?
Please, would anyone be willing to help in the making of "Gus"? He needs clothing and a hat, if possible. The EA hat really looks too big, in general. Facial hair that fits him, moustache that hangs down past the corners of his mouth and stubble. A few more wrinkles. If anyone is willing to help, YOU would be greatly appreicated!

Robert Duvall, hopefully as Augustus "Gus" McCrae from Lonesome Dove

Hi, wanted to try Robert Duvall for a long time now. He has such character in his facial features and I think he is a wonderful actor and human being.

I hope we can get him where he needs to be, I know he has a long way to go, but I think we can do it.

I have put out a request for his clothing and hat.

I also have a request for his facial hair if anyone would like to make that for him, it would be greatly appreciated!

I will provide a side view for the next update!
Thanks everyone!

So, here he is... fire away, please. (he's in the top left corner)

I have also been using this pic... but I would really like him to look like the "Lonesome Dove" character... if we can get the right CC for him, if not ... I guess we can do him as himself.

Screenshots
Advertisement
Scholar
#2 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:39 AM
Wow, you picked a very hard person to sim.
So much of his character is in his face creases and age marks.
That being said......
His eye color should be darker more of a steel grey/blue
I think his head need to be wide and you should play with his cheek fatness and jowls.
Also the lip corner depth. His lips are very flat against his skin.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#3 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 8:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Wow, you picked a very hard person to sim.
So much of his character is in his face creases and age marks.
That being said......
His eye color should be darker more of a steel grey/blue
I think his head need to be wide and you should play with his cheek fatness and jowls.
Also the lip corner depth. His lips are very flat against his skin.

Thanks MurderPrincessK!
Worked with the cheek fullness and jowls... added more.

Took depth out of lips.

Here is the update:

Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#4 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 4:01 PM
It's hard to see with the moustache but his lips look just a tad bit thicker to me. I also think his nose is too defined and the tip/nostrils have too much space between them. Also maybe desaturate the eyes a little more. Is there a way to add lots and lots of wrinkles under the eyes? Good start!!! Age spots look good.

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 5:05 PM
Thanks Heaven, I will be working on him shortly.

Please, would anyone be willing to help in the making of "Gus"? He needs clothing and a hat, if possible. The EA hat really looks too big, in general. Facial hair that fits him, moustache that hangs down past the corners of his mouth and stubble. A few more wrinkles. If anyone is willing to help, YOU would be greatly appreicated!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#6 Old 24th Aug 2010 at 9:07 PM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 25th Aug 2010 at 7:34 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
It's hard to see with the moustache but his lips look just a tad bit thicker to me. I also think his nose is too defined and the tip/nostrils have too much space between them. Also maybe desaturate the eyes a little more. Is there a way to add lots and lots of wrinkles under the eyes? Good start!!! Age spots look good.

Okay, I have tried to post this several times... trying again, seem to be having a problem on the site today, I think. Everything else is working fine.

Thanks Heaven!

Made lips thicker.
Took out some of the defination in his nose and thinned the space btwn nostrils.

Wrinkles:

Natural Lipcolor for Both Genders by Arisuka
Eye bags MEGAPACK - 8 styles!! by Arisuka
Subtle Wrinkles for Both Genders ***NOW AS AGE DETAIL TOO*** by Arisuka

I am using EA's Age Detail along with Arisuka's Age Detail.

I also changed the style of eyebags, maybe this will help. It's nice that Arisuka offers 8 to choose from.

(I am posting this and will edit and post the rest, had to start over too many times.)

I am also using
Face contouring and defining makeup by Arisuka
(nose and eyes)

I'm not sure if I need to tweak the color of the eyebag a little more or not, please let me know what you all think.

A little tweaking on eyebag color, etc. and widened his mouth.

Okay, is this any better at all?

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#7 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 4:26 PM
Woah, great resemblance you have here! The last version, with wider mouth, is the best!
I'd say that his nostrils need to be just a little wider, and maybe his eye colour should be more of a darker blue/grey. Also, play around with the eyebag colours, to make 'em less grey-ish =)
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#8 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 10:50 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
Woah, great resemblance you have here! The last version, with wider mouth, is the best!
I'd say that his nostrils need to be just a little wider, and maybe his eye colour should be more of a darker blue/grey. Also, play around with the eyebag colours, to make 'em less grey-ish =)

Thanks Astraea!

Tried to make the above changes.
Is this better?

Posting a better side view, so you all can help me.

Screenshots
Scholar
#9 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:38 AM
I still think his nose needs less definition and more mass. Its very sausage like, not trying to be rude to Mr Duvall, but he has quite a plump nose.
His hair needs to be darker also, it has grey overtones, but needs a dark brown base.
You are coming along quite nicely on him, good work.

Wren-der Simblr // Sim Art // Pictures // Downloads // Random Nonsensical Rambling
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#10 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:49 AM
Hi MP! When you say more nose defination ... you mean nose and not nostril, right?
Also the mass is already a little over 1/4 of the way from the left. This widens the bridge, is this what you mean?
Scholar
#11 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 12:58 AM
Yeah, his nose..His nostrils look right on to me. But his nose, especially the bridge seems to rigid, like the top is flat instead of rounded. You might just need to adjust the definition if the mass is already really high. I do think the bridge could use a little more width.

Forum Resident
Original Poster
#12 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 1:08 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 26th Aug 2010 at 1:25 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by MurderPrincessK
Yeah, his nose..His nostrils look right on to me. But his nose, especially the bridge seems to rigid, like the top is flat instead of rounded. You might just need to adjust the definition if the mass is already really high. I do think the bridge could use a little more width.

Okay, thanks! Let me see what I can do. :P

Okay, I haven't worked on his hair yet. I want to see if I am headed in the right direction with his nose first.

Thanks MP!

Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#13 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 2:21 AM
He looks really good. The eyebags look great! I still think his hair needs to be more brown, like MP said. Also, I think there is something just a little off in the shape of his eyes. RL Duvall looks more cunning/kinda dangerous. Yours looks kinda sad. Maybe pull the outer corners up a little? Try to bring the height of the nose bridge down a click or two. I can't believe how good he looks though!

"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#14 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 3:55 AM Last edited by JAKINCOL : 26th Aug 2010 at 7:14 PM.
He looks really good. The eyebags look great! I still think his hair needs to be more brown, like MP said. Also, I think there is something just a little off in the shape of his eyes. RL Duvall looks more cunning/kinda dangerous. Yours looks kinda sad. Maybe pull the outer corners up a little? Try to bring the height of the nose bridge down a click or two. I can't believe how good he looks though!

Thanks Heaven!

Tried to make all of the above changes, but something is off... can't quite seem to get him there. Don't know if it is the eyes?
Nose? and I still don't have the mouth quite right either.

Hope you all have some ideas.

I was thinking his hair was more grey in "Lonesome Dove."

Guess I could show you more of his hair color...

UPDATE

Okay, here is the latest update.
( seems not too many of you are interested in this sim, but I could sure use some help here, please.)

Screenshots
Field Researcher
#15 Old 26th Aug 2010 at 8:52 PM
What have you done to the eyes...
Scholar
#16 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 2:41 AM
Good work! I think you need to pull the nostrils up so that they show more, if possible, and make the nostrils a little less wide. From the profile it looks like you need to bring the eye sockets forward and the chin forward some. Congratulations on your sims recently posted!
Field Researcher
#17 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 5:33 PM Last edited by Astraea Nevermore : 28th Aug 2010 at 1:38 AM.
Looks good! =)
Try to play around a little with the top eye apex slider, though... should be more curved, while the sim's top apex goes curved up to a certain point and then goes down in a rather straight line. Don't know if that makes sense

Also, maybe make the mouth a little less curved and add a slighly larger chin, maybe?
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#18 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by melanise
What have you done to the eyes...

Lol, well, do you have any suggestions?

That's kind of how it goes, at least for me anyway. Too much of this or too little of that... and then hopefully one day... it all comes together! So, I hope you're not giving up on me yet!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#19 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimmyRN
Good work! I think you need to pull the nostrils up so that they show more, if possible, and make the nostrils a little less wide. From the profile it looks like you need to bring the eye sockets forward and the chin forward some. Congratulations on your sims recently posted!

Thanks Simmy! Tried to make above changes.
Thanks for the congrats, couldn't have done it without you! :D
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#20 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Astraea Nevermore
Looks good! =)
Try to play around a little with the top eye apex slider, though... should be more curved, while the sim's top apex goes curved up to a certain point and then goes down in a rather straight line. Don't know if that makes sense

Also, maybe make the mouth a little less curved and add a slighly larger chin, maybe?

Thanks Astraea!

Made above changes.

Okay see what you all think here.... thanks guys!

He needs a moustache that hangs over and down the corners of his mouth... see if you all think one of these will work.

Screenshots
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#21 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 4:46 PM
It looks like when you moved the bridge down it might have changed the shape of the nose (unless you did it yourself :giggler. Yours seem to dip in rather than hook out as it should. Is that understandable, lol? I also think his cheeks bones may be too low. I think there also needs to be the slightest dip between his lip and chin. It may be there but, if so, it is hard to see in your sim. See if you can make the eyes a little more almond shaped as well.

As for the mustaches, neither really fit the character. Of course EA doesn't give us the mustache that would have been perfect if he was for TS2!

I made a little free hand on your source vs your sim...just to demonstrate what I meant since I'm not sure if I expressed myself clearly. It's hard to describe those little details!!!

Scholar
#22 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 5:38 PM
I agree with the post above plus think that there's too much flesh between the nostrils. (I know it's hard, though, when you're trying to have the nostrils show.) His nose also needs to be a little thicker, if possible, all the way from the nasal bridge to above the nostrils. Of the two mustaches shown, I like the second better. His eyes are a bit too blue. In the western picture, they almost look brown/hazel. So, maybe try going more in the blue/grey to blue/brown range. There's a cowboy hat here that might work: http://llnw.thesims3.com/assetDetai...?assetId=622528. Great work!
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 9:26 PM
It looks like when you moved the bridge down it might have changed the shape of the nose (unless you did it yourself :giggler. Yours seem to dip in rather than hook out as it should. Is that understandable, lol? I also think his cheeks bones may be too low. I think there also needs to be the slightest dip between his lip and chin. It may be there but, if so, it is hard to see in your sim. See if you can make the eyes a little more almond shaped as well.

As for the mustaches, neither really fit the character. Of course EA doesn't give us the mustache that would have been perfect if he was for TS2!

I made a little free hand on your source vs your sim...just to demonstrate what I meant since I'm not sure if I expressed myself clearly. It's hard to describe those little details!!!

Thanks Heaven!

Tried to make the above changes and I'm not really ready to post this update but going to post anyway so that you all can jump in with suggestion while update is in process.

It is hard to see the indentation under the lip so I took a side view, straight on so that you can see clearly. It looks off thought and I am thinking the chin needs to be shorter, what do you think?

The nose... I think I am going to completely re-do the nose using a different preshape as I don't like the tip on this one, it should blend in better so I need to find another one, hopefully.

Yes the EA moustache in sims 2 would have been perfect!

See if this one and the stubble looks okay.

To me he has a bit of aFred Thompson look, so need to get rid of that, lol. I started his eyes over he has almond shape now, but I think I need to move the lower apex to the left to close the outer corner a bit, like the pic in the CBoy hat.

So, I am currently working on this sim so if you all see anything, jump in here please.
Thanks!
Screenshots
Scholar
#24 Old 28th Aug 2010 at 10:40 PM
The chin is looking too square and I think it's making a shadow along his jaw. His eyebrow color needs to be changed to match his hair. Other than that, I'm glad you're redoing his nose as it's very distinctive. Other than the nose, I think he looks good although I like more facial hair than stubble. Good going!
Scholar
#25 Old 29th Aug 2010 at 12:34 AM
I agree with SimmyRN. He kooks very good so far!
Locked thread | Locked by: spladoum Reason: useful sim-making info.
Page 1 of 4