Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 1:11 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default Custom Content deleting itself
Recently I've reinstalled the Sims 3 on an SSD and had to move my documents/saves to a new partition as a result. For reference my old documents would've been like this C:\Burnziie\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3\ with my new one currently being like this E:\Burnziie\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3 if that's affecting anything.
Since then I've had a big problem. All my custom content installed through the launcher uninstalls itself whenever I launch the game, for example I am able to install a world or a computer but in-game they will not appear. The world even gets added to the installedworlds folder and isn't deleted at all but yet doesn't appear! The DCBackup folder contains all the raw .Packages from an installed Sims3package still, but the CCMerged still has its last edited date as 3 days ago, and is only 2kb. Nothing is set to read only.

Normal .package mods work perfectly fine still however. The Launcher itself also shows nothing at all in the installed content section after the game is ran. This is pretty problematic since it completely cleansed all my old custom content before I realised what is happening. Does anyone know what's possibly going on?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 1:42 AM Last edited by igazor : 26th Dec 2020 at 2:29 AM.
Your user game folder needs to be in a user library. And maybe it already is, but the paths you indicate above do not show that. How did you go about moving the game folder that TS3 is supposed to read from on startup from C to E? Did you instruct Windows to redirect your Documents folder at the operating system level, or are you using symbolic links?

If your entire Documents folder was moved properly and symbolic links aren't being used, then it might be possible that you have an additional unwanted user game folder hiding someplace such as in OneDrive that the game is trying to use instead of the one with the content added to it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 11:37 AM
I don't believe I have One Drive active currently since I made my account as a local account, and from what I've checked I haven't spotted anything being created when I took a test screenshot and save. (They both went into my normal Sims 3 folder with all my old saves and such) I did redirect my Documents at the normal OS level however when I set it to look at the E Drive user folder.

I believe the closest game folder I have was a 2nd Sims 3 folder inside of my documents since I initially had to move everything into the new directory, it only has an empty featured items folder however and nothing else is in it.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 12:53 PM
Okay, if everything else is working just as it should then except for CC sims3pack Launcher installs, then either your DCCache with the resulting dbc files in it (which is where the content lands in bundles) is corrupt and needs to be replaced or else you should try to rebuild your entire TS3 user game folder. Within DCCache, the dbc files are CC, the ebc files are store content, if you have any. There are also two small index files, dcc.ent and missingdeps.idx, that are expendable. Perhaps try deleting them to see if they regenerate properly.

If that doesn't get you anywhere and you spawn a fresh, new game folder on launch and install a small amount of sims3pack CC into it, does it then stick for a test game?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 2:50 PM
Alright, I've first tested after clearing the two files you've listed and reinstalled a small world to check. It didn't appear in the new game menu so I also tried renaming my Sims 3 folder and letting the game regenerate it, I reinstalled the world and another cc item and reloaded the game, however it doesn't appear in the new game list. But it's .world file is added to the installedworlds folder. And the added item also doesn't appear in buy mode
Mad Poster
#6 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 9:44 PM
Strange. What kind of an install is this and on which patch level?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 26th Dec 2020 at 9:52 PM
It was running on Version/Patch 1.69 and was installed through Origin for the base game and expansions.