Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 7:00 AM
Default What are your Sims Goals for 2021
@omglo put in a thread last year that I thought about today, because I had put in goals for 2020...and failed most of them.

My 2020 goals were:
1. Upload Beach Apartment - FAILED
2. Update My Story again - FAILED
3. Continue with a modeling project on FB - SUCCEEDED
4. Make another video that's helpful - JURY'S OUT
5. Learn to do a couples Posebox - TRIED BUT DIDN"T COMPLETE
6. Play more - SUCCEEDED
7. Take more pics - SUCCEEDED x 1000

Let's see, 2021 goals:
1. Clean my lots of Hug Bug so I can share again
2. Update My story again for real real
3. FINISH my modeling project on FB
4. COMPLETE a WORKING couples posebox
5. Get my sim, Charlotte Calhoun, an art gallery business
6. Graduate the current teens so they can take their rightful place as Young Adults and free those trapped at Uni.
7. Film and Upload a Twikkii revamp'd video tour

What are yours?

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 11:56 AM
I didn't have any 2020 goals, but for 2021 I want to be less of a lurker and more of a participant.

Some goals
1. My own replacement set of default easel paintings,
2. "Finish" a neighbourhood, or in other words just getting it to the point where I'm actually playing it.
3. Maybe start a simblr?
Instructor
#3 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:03 PM
I didn't have any goals for 2020 either, but I will this year.

Some of my goals
1. Create an simblr and share my CC/stories
2. Learn how to convert clothes (can already do build/buy mode items)
3. Start and finish a challenge
4. Try not to make 45390440932 half done projects

We will see how it turns out, lol. (:
Forum Resident
#4 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 1:43 PM
2020 Goals:
1. build lots from Harry Potter -failed
2. build UK based lots -failed
3. build medieval style lots -failed
4. Decorate UK/medieval/ Harry Potter neighborhood + subhoods -failed
5. Finish and Upload Harry Potter characters -in progress/failed
6. Film scenes from Harry Potter book series -failed

2021 Goals:
Finish and Upload Harry Potter characters
Mad Poster
#5 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 2:03 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 3rd Jan 2021 at 5:02 PM.
My 2020 goals were:
1. Get my game fixed - PART SUCCESS (No more pink apocalypse, but still some issues to sort out - goodness knows how much trouble I've had with that game on my new laptop )
2. Get my story hood up and running - FAILED (see #1)
3. Update my story again - FAILED (see #1 and #2)
4. Take more pictures - MINOR SUCCESS (more than previous year, but #1 put a lot of bumps in the road)
5. Play more - PART SUCCESS (Played next to nothing previous year, so anything at all is a success, I guess)
6. Finish editing/sorting/renaming/etc. my CC - PART SUCCESS (Still working on it, but it's probably going to be a work in progress)

My 2021 goals are:
1. Get my game properly fixed (got a few things left to set up, but it's looking good so far)
2. Get my story hood up and running (gotten as far as to get a "test hood" for pictures up)
3. Update my story again (I'm writing a lot...)
4. Take more pictures ('cause it's fun!)
5. Play more (gonna be easier with a working game)
6. Finish editing/sorting/renaming/etc. my CC (probably gonna take ages at this rate, because I started back in 2017/18, I think?)

(Give it one more chance, yeh know... )
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 2:30 PM
Last year's thread here:
https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=636902

I never have any goals, I just go with the flow!
Alchemist
#7 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 3:06 PM
Thanks for starting a new thread @Charmful

My 2020 goals
1. To convert an object, with animation and sounds from TS3 to TS2. This will take a ton of work, but I think it can be done.

-Failed. It can still be done, I just didn't have the motivation to try.
2. To play the game. Most of the time I turn on TS2, it's to test a mod, which is fun but I want to get back into just simming.
Failed.
3. To take pictures and update them on tumblr regularly.
Failed, no playing equals no pictures.

2021 goals are the same. Also, I was inspired by Criquette's Feverfew. I want to make a neighborhood and create most of the hood deco for it, so everything will be exactly how I want it. It certainly won't be as nice as that beautiful world, but it should be a fun and informative process.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:33 PM
I can't really say that I have any real goals for 2020 - simming or otherwise. I actually first thought of it on new years' eve as "Oh shirt, I should've thought of some resolutions. Oh well."

Though my last year's goals... eh...

"1. Play Strangetown at least until the first born in game sim graduates university, ideally longer."
Nope, that hood is gone now but I definitely didn't play so far.
"2. Do the Steph0sims version off the 100 baby challenge."
Nope, not determined enough. Might make for an interesting multiple-day project now, though.
"3. Make the cast of The Good Place as sims."
I wanted to do this in the sims 4 but promptly forgot after the series ended. I'm bad at making sims, so I guess that's a win for everyone else though.
"4. To do something about the thousands of screenshots I gathered while playing and resetting countless hoods before abandoning them."
SUCCESS! I started putting them up on my simblr. And am continuing to do so, even after I destroyed that hood on accident.
"5. Upload the Absolutely Fantastic And High Quality CC I've made on here completely seriously and not as a joke at all."
Lol those are also gone, they were I some Miku tank tops and tees with Jerm Bot quotes on them, so high quality and perfect for family gameplay
Instructor
#9 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 4:59 PM
I don't have goals, that's waay to organised for me, but I have expectations and vague plans.

2020 expectation: To quit paying sims 2 once and for all - failed bigtime. Lent out my basegame disc to a friend, didn't play for one and a half weeks, then gave up and installed the UC. I've learned to like playing with all EP:s which I never thought I would.

2021 expectations and vague plans and one hope:

Fully expect to play Simsby-on-the-Fjord to its slow, painful death and enjoy it very much
Vaguely plan to start a really whacky BaCC hood with five 'wyrd' founders.
Vaguely plan to recolour some old Parsimonious stuff and some really old clothes and never share it anywhere or show it to anyone ever
Hope to get to see a nice makeover of Riverblossom Hills (someone has expressed an interest in doing that makeover, so it's not just taken out of thin air, but we all have lives so of course it may never happen)
Scholar
#10 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:05 PM
These were last year's goals:
1. To expand the Riverblossom Empire (it's supposed to be an uberhood eventually) and not keep getting distracted by new tiny hoods. FAIL - partly because I got tired of waiting to roll for the aliens to start landing, and partly because I started playing the Highway to Respite hood, which rather took over
2. To get the stealth hoods, since I seem to be addicted to starting new hoods and the bin families are starting to get old. FAIL - I kicked myself again yesterday for opening Mooville before getting the stealth hoods!
3. To figure out how to save my favourite houses so I don't have to recreate them every time I reinstall. FAIL
4. To not have to reinstall (this should be the first one really). YAY!

This year's goals:
1. To get the stealth hoods! How hard can it be?
2. To try to use more community lots. I was looking at Downtown yesterday and realized that my Sims almost never go anywhere but the Come and Go Emporium, Fresh Rush Grocery Store and one of the bowling alleys. Maybe I should get a community time mod and make more use of other community lot options.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:31 PM
I've got goals for 2021 listed below.
1.Play though my BACC to let the town start growiing and get the next generations started.
2.Start playing the alternate version of the Warwickshire Renaissance Challenge in a colonial setting set in the 16th century in the new world.
3.Start sharing a few TS2 creations here.
Forum Resident
#12 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 5:46 PM
Never had goals for 2020, but I do have tiny ones for 2021:

1) Get Crystal Pleasantview up to a point where all original Pleasantview sims are deceased - An admittedly morbid goal, but it's one I set before I take a small break from it to focus on other neighbourhoods, too. I'm not in a massive rush to reach this however, especially when you consider that I've already begun to take a small break from The Sims 2 to play Final Fantasy VIII (a game I got for Christmas). So far, I still massively prefer IX, but Mod the Sims isn't for that type of discussion.

2) Build a Custom Hood based on one of my personal favourite custom hoods and hopefully share it - Pretty ambitious and outside my comfort zone, but it's something I haven't tried. Again, I may not do it this year, but it's a goal and I've already planned some of the sims and their backstories out. It's been fun, actually!

3) Get Crystal Lake moving forward - Won't be doing that until Crystal Pleasantview is where I want it...

4) Make some more progress on my Hood Corruption experiment - Self-explanatory. This topic fascinates me... don't ask. This is done in both a Throwaway Test Neighbourhood (called Plauge Town) and a duplicate Strangetown I don't use seriously. The hoods I use for serious gameplay are safe and I avoid game corrupting no-nos. I'm well educated in this (at least I think...) since I read things about glitches constantly... I've gone off topic!

5) Share some of my sims, if people are interested - Not like they're unique or anything, but it's a thought I've played with...

6) Get better at building - I want to suck less at it... I can build basic houses, but nothing amazing. I want to change that, especially if I'm planning on making a neighbourhood.

7) Get certain recolours working - In other words, go CEP hunting. I can't find any for certain objects and it's a pain...

And that's it so far. I won't get all of it done, but they're game goals. Gives a bit of challenge.

When a game is predictable, it's boring.
That goes for any medium that isn't life.
That's why The Sims 2 is my favourite sims game.
It has elements of unpredictability and everything feels more involved.
The Sims 4 is another story altogether...
Mad Poster
#13 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 9:49 PM Last edited by HarVee : 12th Dec 2021 at 7:14 PM.
1) Write descriptions for CC objects, adjust their prices, fix depreciation values. -SUCCEEDED

2) Finish BaST and get a public release. -FAILED

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Mad Poster
#14 Old 2nd Jan 2021 at 10:16 PM
From last year's thread:
Quote: Originally posted by sushigal007
I answered this over on Tumblr, but the number one thing (which I actually put at number two over there) is to finish a rotation of my uberhood. The first uberhood update I posted was in February 2012. I'm still on the same dang rotation. But I only have two university subhoods to play, so it's doable!

And I did it! Both the regular uberhood and the genderswapped one.

Now my goals for 2021, copied from Tumblr are:
1: Add morphs to all my clothes that don’t have them. Starting with the 70 meshes I downloaded yesterday.
2. Keep posting the uberhoods. I’m not quite ambitions enough to aim to complete another rotation, not when round 1 took eight years, but a household a month should be doable.
3. Use my new accessory skills to add teen and child stages to the facemasks I shared and also share some of the other CC I’ve made.
4: Defeat the mesh limit. One day I’ll manage it. One day.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 12:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
6. Finish editing/sorting/renaming/etc. my CC (probably gonna take ages at this rate, because I started back in 2017/18, I think?)
(Give it one more chance, yeh know... )

I can relate to that, and tending the DL folder is a never-ending task when you keep hoarding CC faster than you can organize it

Didn't have any goals for 2020, actually I did not expect TS2 to be such a big part of my life last year, but lockdown + now being unemployed made my old obsessions come back even stronger

So here's what I wish for 2021 (these are rather projects than goals per se):
- Finish a set I've started in september and upload it to MTS (texturing is giving me headaches and I keep getting side-tracked with smaller projects...)
- Tackle at least two of the bigger projects from my list of ideas
- Continue organizing/bundling/recategorizing/repository-ing my downloads folder and making a few object fixes
- Be done with hair defaults
- Build new lots for my custom hood and find a proper name for it? I've been pretty uninspired when it comes to building lately
- Actually play my game for once maybe?
Mad Poster
#16 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 4:59 PM
^ And that's just organizing the CC I already had, nevermind all the stuff I've hoarded (and made) since
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 8:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Monsieur_Oshima
- Be done with hair defaults

^^This!! I was about halfway done making the defaults I wanted and then I decided to just hide them all and use them as CC.

Anyway, my 2020 goals were:
1) Finish default replacing all the Maxis hairs & clothes Fail. Gave up halfway.
2) Start a legacy Fail. Spent most of my time testing mods, DR, and CC.
3) Figure out how to make a database that works with my game Success!! Took forever but it's finally finished .

As for my 2021 goals:
1) Fix my old computer tower so I can actually use it to play. (It crashed somehow and won't even turn on anymore.) Needs a new motherboard, graphics card, etc. Pretty much everything, actually.
2) Start a Simblr to share the DRs and mod edits I've made. Possibly? Undecided at this point.
3) Actually play the game! I have other goals related to that but none can actually happen until this occurs.

Not holding my breath for any of it though.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 3rd Jan 2021 at 9:47 PM
1. Play the game.

and

2. Play a little bit more.
Scholar
#19 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 6:27 PM
Play my Fire Emblem world to generation two. This will be annoying because I want to ensure the correct gender canon children are born.

Decide on characters from my Crusader Kings runs to add to an emptied Veronaville. In the Fire Emblem world, I let the Sims' LTWs determine the specifics, but it's supposed to be a recreation of canon. In the Crusader Kings world, I only have the original characters' personalities and will let the LTWs determine everything.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
Theorist
#20 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 8:46 PM
Actually playing the game again sometime? :P

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 9:00 PM Last edited by inspiredzone : 8th Jan 2021 at 3:06 AM.
2020 Goals
1. Let Gen 2 die off
Almost! I have a few who keep defeating Death, which is annoying
2. Build up my rural farming subhood
Now has 6 occupied residential lots! Including 2 yurts, which is fun.
3. Fix all the Maxis career outfits
Not ALL, because I've discovered it's tedious, but I have updated the 2 that bothered me the most.
4. Figure out what to do with the imbalance of male-to-females in my current young adult generation (current plan- many lesbians)
The 2 lesbian couples just graduated from university!
5. Upload the 2 lots I've been meaning to deal with since...August
It's now 4 pending lots. Oops

2021 Goals

1. Just upload the damn lots.
2. Finalize my downtown plans and fill in the gaps. I have so many under-used sections and half-built lots. Not to mention all the EA default lots, most of which my sims never use. I need more stuff like my Han's Talent Corp and Oresha General Hospital, and to either turn them into useful spaces or get rid of them.
3. Have some sort of scandal in my hood. It's been awhile. My sims are getting complacent and I want to shake things up.
4. Make more of my sims townies instead of forcing myself to play sims I don't care about.
5. Fix a few more Maxis career outfits. I think my next one is going to be education. I also need to figure out an issue I'm having with non-every day clothes not showing up
Test Subject
#22 Old 5th Jan 2021 at 9:37 PM
I didnt have any sims goals for 2020, since i was kinda taking a break from the game

My 2021 goals:
- commit to one of my save files, and get way too invested in my sim(s)' life
- actually let my sim age, have children, etc.
- get one of my sims pregnant at some point?? I've never actually done that, its always been adoption when i've actually done it
- try some things ive never tried before.
- make a world where I take nothing seriously and just mess around as much as possible.
- Get more expansion packs
Mad Poster
#23 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 3:33 AM
So my Windows 7 died on my computer 12.31.2020.
I got all downloads and documents from hard drive to external drive, so did not lose much.
My 2021 goal is:
Get used to Windows 10
Try to install Sims 2 to win10 and make it functioning.
Try to organize my Sims2 CC archive from external drive to special folder(s), so I can find needed files quickly and maybe upload some long lost files.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 9:49 AM
My goal for last year was:
1. Complete my new hood based on Zarathustra's Mount Hyaltitoud Neighborhood terrain with lots and Sims.
2. Start a new hood based on Aysarth's Dunwich terrain.
I nearly succeded to build lots for Mount Hyaltitoud but haven't made any Sims yet.
My goals for 2021:
1 Continue with the Neigborhoods (lots and sims)
2 Finish my mod to prevent Poison Ivy and make more research for a mod to curing it.
3 Finish the Force Twins mod
Mad Poster
#25 Old 7th Jan 2021 at 1:56 PM
Well, I didn't do all that well with my 2020 goals 2 out of 7 achieved:

1) To learn how to mesh Body Shop clothes, so I can make some of the stuff that I want for my Sims to wear, instead of having to ask other people to make them for me. In some cases that might mean making proper meshes for things that at the moment are just "painted on" to a nude mesh. FAILED
2) While I'm at it, try to learn how to use Photoshop Elements properly. It came bundled with my computer, and I did use it to successfully complete a tutorial to recolour an AF jumper, but I found Photoshop Elements a very complex program. The tutorial was written for a different version of Photoshop, and, while my version could do just about everything mentioned in the tutorial, it sometimes took me ages to work out how to do some of the things. For most of the real recolouring I've done, I've used Windows Paint and (sometimes) MS Office 97 Photo Editor -- two very simple and easy to use programs. If I can master both Milkshape and Photoshop Elements, I should be able to make most of my Sims new clothes. FAILED
(2a. I'll also try to find my sewing machine, so I can fix my own Real Life clothes!) FAILED
3) Celebrate some long-delayed weddings:
~ Andrew and Julian
~ Gloria and Garry
~ Consort Capp and April Hutchins
~ Tybalt Capp and Lexie Kauker SUCCEEDED
4) Get Downtownie politician Senator Kerie Hanby to move into the spare room in Garry's house, so his Ranch Retreat house stays occupied when he marries Gloria. (Gloria will be staying at 19 Chorus Court.) Kerie Hanby is the most senior Sim in the Politics career in Veronaville, and I hope to get her promoted to Mayor once she becomes playable. SUCCEEDED
5) Spend a bit more time playing students at LGU (attached to Baldrair Bluffs) so I get more familiar with Sims' universities. (Also hopefully try to make a mod to address the problem of unaffordable bills for students living in dorms.) FAILED
6) Finish building the school in Baldrair Bluffs, so the dozens of teenage townies there can get decent grades before they try to go to university. I feel that anyone with a grade below (say) B might struggle in Higher Education. FAILED
(7 I've probably got more than enough to keep me occupied there, but if I manage all that, I might see about attaching Academie la Tour to Veronaville so Andrew and Julian, and some of their friends, can get the education (and the fun!) that they deserve.) FAILED

Two out of seven --- not that good! But it has to be said that 2020 was a year like no other. And I also succeeded in moving my game to a wonderful new computer, with fast loading times and high definition graphics that I can hardly believe I'm seeing. (Yesterday I saw fish in the fish tank for the first time!)

So my goals for 2021:.

1) Establish a proper backup regime on my new computer. On my old one I had a general back up to an external hard drive (including a system image). This allowed me to recover the computer after a hard disk failure. I also copied regular backups of my game to DVD-R discs. On the new one, all I have at present is backing up my game to a folder on the same computer. This of course offers no protection at all should anything happen to the computer or its disk. The new computer has a solid state disk (SSD), which gives me the fast load and response times that I love, but it is a technology that is new to me and I don't know how reliable it is in the medium or long term. My subscription for Microsoft Office 365 includes One Drive, which I understand is a virtual disk in the "cloud". I hope I can use this for a full backup. If not, i suppose I have to buy a new external hard drive, as I want to keep the old external hard drive for the old computer.

Otherwise my goals for 2021 are largely my 2020 ones carried forward:

2) To learn how to mesh Body Shop clothes, so I can make some of the stuff that I want for my Sims to wear, instead of having to ask other people to make them for me. In some cases that might mean making proper meshes for things that at the moment are just "painted on" to a nude mesh.
3) I was going try to learn how to use Photoshop Elements, which came bundled with my old computer. However, I'm not sure if I can move it to the new computer. (It's probably an OEM licence that's only valid on the old one.) I recently downloaded GIMP which is free software. So it might make more sense for me to learn GIMP rather than Photoshop Elements. For most of the real recolouring I've done, I've used Windows Paint and (sometimes) MS Office 97 Photo Editor -- two very simple and easy to use programs. If I can master both Milkshape and Photoshop Elements GIMP, I should be able to make most of my Sims new clothes.
(3a. I'll also try to find my sewing machine, so I can fix my own Real Life clothes!)
4) There's still one long-delayed wedding to celebrate in downtown Veronaville -- that of Tom Cornton to ex-Downtownie Audrey Tsang. They've been engaged for about seven years now. Before the start of his relationship with Audrey, Romance Sim Tom woohooed with ten different Sims (of both sexes) inside a fortnight. Any return to that sort of behaviour might still endanger the wedding, but Tom has been trying to be good for a long time now. Audrey is undoubtedly a good influence on him,
5) Spend a bit more time playing students at LGU (attached to Baldrair Bluffs) so I get more familiar with Sims' universities. (Also hopefully try to make a mod to address the problem of unaffordable bills for students living in dorms.)
6) Finish building the school in Baldrair Bluffs, so the dozens of teenage townies there can get decent grades before they try to go to university. I feel that anyone with a grade below (say) B might struggle in Higher Education.
7) Attach Academie la Tour to Veronaville so Andrew and Julian, and some of their friends, can get the education (and the fun!) that they deserve. I might rename it to "University of Veronaville" as I know Andrew will be happier if he knows he's still near his mum. :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1 of 3