Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sleep on Community/OFB/Vacation/Apartment/Secret lots - Global Hack

by Numenor Posted 27th Jul 2007 at 5:46 PM - Updated 8th Oct 2008 at 10:00 PM by Numenor : Tested with AL

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 143 Feedback Posts, 22 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 29th Jul 2007 at 11:08 PM
i've been able to sleep on community lots without any hacks all i used was the regular beds on a community lot with those collection files that let you have beds on community lots and no hacks "base game by the way"
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 8:35 AM
Thanks so lot. Now my sims can have long summmer week-ends and go fishing in the mountains for 2 or 3 days.
Test Subject
#53 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 9:20 PM
I’m using Squinges mod and I assumed that it works without OFB too. It is good thing that you created this hack.

Also if someone has only UNI and/or NL expansion packs community lot sleeping is possible without cheats, you should probably mention this, or maybe I just didn’t see it in first post
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#54 Old 30th Jul 2007 at 11:03 PM Last edited by Numenor : 1st Aug 2007 at 12:09 AM.
I think that:
"It's fully compatible with any game configuration, from base-game up to Seasons (and H&M); the hack will recognize your game version and will act accordingly"
is enough .

EDIT: I have misread your post, sorry. Are you sure that with UNI and/or NL only sims can freely sleep on community lots? On couches, long chairs and coffins, too?

I've finally started my Journal. Information only, no questions.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

I *DON'T* accept requests, sorry.
Field Researcher
#55 Old 31st Jul 2007 at 9:23 PM
Thankyou! I have been missing this since installing Seasons.

** Patrick Stewart + Felicia Day + Bruce Campbell + zombie invasion + the cast of Firefly = my happiness.
Or, Chocolate ... yea I'll go with chocolate. **
Forum Resident
#56 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 2:51 AM
Is this hack compatible with "No Autonomous Napping" by TwoJeffs (MATY)? Thank you.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#57 Old 4th Aug 2007 at 2:27 PM
I had some problems retrieving TJ's hack, because now he moved all his stuff to the Inteenimater site. The current location of TwoJeff's "No Autonomus Napping" is this thread.

I've checked that hack, and unfortunately it is incompatible with mine; both hacks have some semiglobals in common, that are modified to serve different purposes: TJ's hacks is intended to prevent autonomous napping on residential lots (napping in community lots is already prevented by Maxis code, and TJ didn't change this), while my hack is intended to allow user-directed and autonomous napping on any lot.

Therefore, you should decide what you want your sim to do, and choose the hack that most fits your tastes.

My latest activity: CEP 9.2.0! - AnyGameStarter 2.1.1 (UPD) - Scriptorium v.2.2f - Photo & Plaques hide with walls - Magazine Rack (UPD) - Animated Windows Hack (UPD) - Custom Instrument Hack (UPD) - Drivable Cars Without Nightlife (UPD) - Courtesy Lights (FIX) - Custom Fence-Arches - Painting-TV - Smarter Lights (UPD)

Forum Resident
#58 Old 5th Aug 2007 at 9:08 AM
Thanks Numenor, for your answer. I have wanted this hack for so long, so I will remove the "NoAutoNap" hack.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 5:55 PM
You know... the "useful side effect" of Townies who sleep on your Sims' main residential lot now makes it possible to run a Bed & Breakfast as a home business with OFB.... :D
Test Subject
#60 Old 13th Aug 2007 at 1:27 PM
Could you make a hotel ?, by putting beds inside and put that machine that customers must deciede to come in and then get charged (OFB OF COURSE)
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 14th Aug 2007 at 2:34 AM
As said, the custom have this bad habit to go away, when they are tired, instead of looking for a bed where to sleep...
I'm afraid we have to wait for Bon Voyage, in order to see working hotels -

Test Subject
#62 Old 17th Aug 2007 at 10:11 AM
Oh this is f-a-n-t-a-s-t-i-c! MY GOODNESS I LOVE IT! ^^ Thank you so much!

(And as a Photoshopper at heart, how on Earth did you make that picture look so Maxis-preview-y?)
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 4:00 PM
Brilliant idea, thanks man
Instructor
#64 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 5:43 AM
Oh, i love this hack! I want my sims to sleep when out, or in their store. Then they can party for 3 days. That's Great! But i am unable to find that "Comm-Skilling" by JM Pescado. I have looked and searched on the site, i grr, simply can't find it.

Now i can build hotels

1st place in SimCity's Most Eligible Bachelor 2009
2nd in Wicked/Angel male models
2nd in The Ultimate Maxis Sim Makeover
2nd in Bollywood's Next Idol
3rd in Miss Curves
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 9:26 PM
weird...i dont need this for them to sleep for some reason

i love kingdom hearts!
And Riku says:the dark side does not have cookies!!!So stay on the light side theres loads of 'em!
Test Subject
#66 Old 6th Sep 2007 at 5:36 PM
thanks so much!!!!!
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 5:32 PM
whats the plumbob holder thing in the picture?

rapage 180
Field Researcher
#68 Old 13th Sep 2007 at 7:05 PM
This is so fantastic! I have a nightclub with coffins in the basement, and it was really annoying me that my vamps couldn't use them! Thanks!

luv,
Kat
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#69 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 1:45 AM
INFO: This hack has been tested with Bon Voyage and it works, even on Vacation lots.

However, you are welcome to report any glitch that you may experience with BV.

Lab Assistant
#70 Old 14th Sep 2007 at 3:13 AM
Thankyou for this much needed hack Numenor your the best
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 18th Sep 2007 at 12:17 PM
You sir, are a genius and awesome! :D

Thank you so much! I will test soon !!!

"Too weird to live. Too rare to die" - Hunter S Thompson.
Test Subject
#72 Old 25th Sep 2007 at 12:45 AM
Hi, I just downloaded this Mod and added it to my game but I found a few issues. I'm currently running UNV, NteLife, OFB, Pets, FamFun, and GlamLife. I had sims that previously owned businesses before I installed the mod and when I would go to the lot I noticed that the car he was driving wasn't on the load screen, didn't think much of it but when I reached the lot I didn't have any LIVE controls I only had Build/Buy controls. I exited the lot and went back to the home lot and my sim was floating in mid air in the road like he was driving but there was no car he was frozen in time, the other sims in the household could move and be controlled like normal but the game was stuck in LIVE mode, i could not click Build/Buy. Once I removed the Mod it returned to normal. I'm guessing the Mod caused it since it worked when I removed it. Not sure, anyways I hope this feedback helps, it looks like an AWESOME Mod.
The ModFather
retired moderator
Original Poster
#73 Old 27th Sep 2007 at 5:31 PM
I've recreated your exact game configuration with the AnyGameStarter, and tried to replicate your glitch, but everything works fine in my game.
I've run the game without the mod, made one sim move to his business lot, then saved and exited. I installed the mod and reloaded the lot: everything loaded smoothly, my sim was in the business lot and I could play normally.

There must be a Gremlin in your game -

Test Subject
#74 Old 28th Sep 2007 at 1:26 AM
Thanks for looking into it. I don't know whats causing it then, it must be a conflict with something else. I really appreciate that you took the time to test it :D
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 30th Sep 2007 at 3:10 AM
Numenor never fails to amaze me with his oh so delightful creations.. the sims 2 gets easyier and easyier :P
Page 3 of 7