Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Original Poster
#1 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:05 PM
Default Has it been released in stores?
I'm not seeing where it has, but I just got an e-mail notification from EA saying my pre-order has shipped. I find this curious as the web site doesn't even say it's been released.
Advertisement
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#2 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:07 PM
It was available in my local Target stores yesterday. My EB games store gets it about noon today.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#3 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:21 PM
It just depends on when the company ships to its stores and if they abide by the sell date or not. Target and Walmart usually sell stuff early and get away with it. Other stores do not.

Of course most of their companies ship to them today so the expansions don't show up until midday so you can't even get them when the stores open. It's annoying but not much you can do.
Original Poster
#4 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:37 PM
Hmm. Ok. Definitely annoying. It also says "The Sims&Trade: 2 Seasons" what the heck is that? I've never seen it referred to as The Sims & Trade. I didn't think Seasons was a business type expansion or am I totally misinterpreting the title? I thought it was just The Sims 2: Seasons.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 3:41 PM
Hrm it is just The Sims 2: Seasons - someone must have just messed up along the way
#6 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:48 PM
My Walmart tends to get stuff late. I'm dropping by there today after school just in case, though.

I need some new belts anyway. D:
#7 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:58 PM
EB just called me, so im heading out to pick it up
Forum Resident
#8 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 5:59 PM
yeah our EB Games has it too

Onyx Sims is now open!
#9 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 7:50 PM
The display in my local Wal-Mart says it won't be released till tomorrow. So I would expect that is company wide. So anyone going to Wal-Mart today better wait till after midnight. Wal-Mart will not put stuff on shelfs early. At least mine won't.
Lab Assistant
#10 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:39 PM
I haven't been able to find it yet. Anyone in the Roseville, Clinton Twp. area in Michigan find it yet? Thanks!
#11 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 10:43 PM
Go to best buy. They have it there .
#12 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:04 PM
my target doesnt have it (gets it tomorrow!) I was going to go to Bestbuy, but it is raining like crazy, so i'll wait!
Instructor
#13 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:46 PM
I just got back from Target not 30 minutes ago, and they had about 15 copies. I got mine there. I'm happy now.
#14 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:47 PM
I was thinking about going by Gamestop today as they probably have it, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. Well, I dunno. I really want it =P.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:50 PM
Default seasons
Quote: Originally posted by JLonier
Hmm. Ok. Definitely annoying. It also says "The Sims&Trade: 2 Seasons" what the heck is that? I've never seen it referred to as The Sims & Trade. I didn't think Seasons was a business type expansion or am I totally misinterpreting the title? I thought it was just The Sims 2: Seasons.

Bookstores refer to paperback books that are larger than your standard novel size as trade paperbacks, often shortened to trade. Did you also order the guide? Or was it a deal where you buy one and get the other? That's the only way it makes sense to me...
Theorist
#16 Old 28th Feb 2007 at 11:57 PM
I just picked it up from Best Buy tonight. Apparently they are selling like 'hotcakes'. I only saw about 10 left on the shelf (they might have had another display somewhere else--I don't know.)

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#17 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:02 AM
my target was lame and didn't have it today :-( but EB games had it :-) sooo....I really wanted to save the 5 bucks but oh well...I bought it because I wanted it now!
#18 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:20 AM
Just picked one up at gamestop, there were about 8 others on the shelves.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 12:27 AM
I won't be able to get my copy until this weekend (at the earliest). Which is a shame, since I really wanted to play it during my Spring Break, when I would actually have the time
Test Subject
#20 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:00 AM
I got mine today from GameStop, NYC (Rockefeller Center).
Scholar
#21 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 1:16 AM
just checked walmart not in ...probaly doesnt help they are remodeling and 90% of the store is in no real order lol so they might have it they just didnt put it out yet =[ man i hop ethey finish remodeling soon

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#22 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:42 PM
Well Wal-Mart despite their display at the store entrance, the one that said it would be release today, didn't have it. Not really surprising. They never put games out when their released. It's usually the Friday after their released that they put games on their shelves.
Inventor
#23 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 7:48 PM
Quote: Originally posted by APhantasm
Well Wal-Mart despite their display at the store entrance, the one that said it would be release today, didn't have it. Not really surprising. They never put games out when their released. It's usually the Friday after their released that they put games on their shelves.

I just bought it from walmart. Did you ask them, because with when I got pets I got it from walmart but I had to ask for it because they were lazy and "forgot" to unpack it.
Field Researcher
#24 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:50 PM
Got it today, exactly as they said, on the 1st. :D
Field Researcher
#25 Old 1st Mar 2007 at 8:54 PM
Worten.pt have it already (And it was shipped yesterday)
Page 1 of 2