Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Sep 2021 at 6:01 PM
Default Mesh tool edit not changing anything? (Face template editing)
Hi, I've been trying to follow a few different tutorials that rely on the MTS2 Mesh Tool, however I'm finding that when replace the file in SimPE and hit preview, it hasn't changed.

Currently I'm trying to edit face templates; my entire method has been exporting the .obj from simpe, editing the .obj in blender, importing the edited .obj into the mesh tool, saving it over the original file's .5gd, and importing the 5gd back into simpe. However when I do this, SimPE shoes the original mesh when I hit preview, and I'm also noticing that this edited file straight up disables the face template in bodyshop (moving the slider changes nothing.)

I've also tried editing in milkshape to check this wasn't a blender issue and that file won't load properly either. Every indicator I have suggests this should work correctly, so the fact I'm not getting any changes is super frustrating. Is there an obvious step I'm missing somewhere?

The mesh in the attached images has one obvious vertex moved just because It was one I was doing for testing purposes, but more subtle changes also haven't been showing in simpe/bodyshop.
Screenshots