Replies: 5 (Who?), Viewed: 2471 times.
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 12:55 AM Last edited by suzetter : 23rd Mar 2010 at 4:35 AM.
Default Objects removed from game still showing up in game? UPDATE
I made a sim3 pack of a community lot I wanted to submit for consideration. Before uploading I checked the packages and found one cc item (a large screen TV) on the lot that I did not wish to upload but rather link to online. (The other few cc items I wish to link to did not save to the lot as was intended.) I removed the item from the lot and resaved. I checked again and the item was still there.

I then removed all downloads (Sims3 packs and packages) as well as the caches (including world caches) and thumbnails and I moved out my saves onto my desktop. I checked the lot again and the item was still there. I then noticed that a couple of cc items were still in the buy catalog even though they were no longer in the game or even part of the lot I was checking and I had already removed downloads, thumbnails, caches, and saves.

Why am I still seeing these items and how can I fully remove them? I have read the upload pages and saw that files can attach themselves to lots and you can use Clean Installer for sims2 files. I'm assuming the Sim3 cc files I'm still seeing in the catalog attached themselevs to the lot. Is that a likely assumption? Since these are sim3 files I tried what I could by removing everything. Is there some step I am missing in trying to rid my game of these cc files so I can submit this lot for consideration? I did have a core mod (awesome) in my game when I started the lot but I removed it from the game well before this lot was finished and packaged. I don't know if this has any releveance, I am mentioning it just in case as it is a core mod.

Can anyone please help me with this?

EDIT: I found Delphy's CUSTARD which appears to be a Clean Installer for Sims3packs. I didn't see it mentioned in the upload pages so if anyone else is having this problem and wants to try it, you can find here: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=390235
I'm going to give it a try. Will post results.
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 6:53 AM
Did you uninstall them from the sims launcher as well? When you open up the sims launcher, go to installed items, click on their picture, then hit uninstall or remove.

No, u can't haz cheezburger
Scholar
Original Poster
#3 Old 23rd Mar 2010 at 9:46 PM
Hi, DaveyDaVinci,
Thanks for responding. I had removed entirely both cc folders (downloads and mods) and did check that my launcher was empty. I tried custard last night and while it only showed thumbnails (which I removed) attached to the file when I tried the clean lot in the game (still with no cc installed) the errant cc catalog items were gone and the large screen TV was gone from the lot as well. I made some changes on the lot today and am using custard again but while I'm able to clean the file I'm getting an error message when checking the clean file.So I'm having mixed results which I'm posting on that thread. Thanks for your help.
suzetter
Test Subject
#4 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 6:59 AM
i find i have to remove cc from the (drive letter) c/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods/packages folder and documents/users/(your name)/electronic arts/sims 3/downloads.hope this helps
Scholar
Original Poster
#5 Old 24th Mar 2010 at 8:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xileen
i find i have to remove cc from the (drive letter) c/program files/electronic arts/the sims 3/mods/packages folder and documents/users/(your name)/electronic arts/sims 3/downloads.hope this helps

Thanks Xileen,
I did that but for some reason a few cc items decided to stowaway and hitch a ride on this sims3 pack. ??? I think it is somehow related to the big screen tv I had on the lot.
Inventor
#6 Old 25th Mar 2010 at 11:20 AM
suzetter, after you saved your lot to the bin, you could make a totally fresh Sims3 game in your My Documents.
Simply cut and paste the complete My Documents/Electronics Arts/ Sims3 folder to your desktop, and start the game to let it regenerate a fresh and empty game.
Than close the game and install your lot in the bin with the launcher, start the game and place your lot. If you enter the lot now, the CC should be gone.
If it is not, you probably have some forgotten Mods/Packages folder in one of your Program files.