Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Gardener Service - v2.3 (4th May 2014)

by douglasveiga Posted 3rd Nov 2011 at 8:14 AM - Updated 4th May 2014 at 11:25 PM by douglasveiga

736 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 448 Feedback Posts, 287 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 15 of 30
Inventor
Original Poster
#351 Old 8th Nov 2012 at 12:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsMatthew
You are indeed genius! I could hardly found new NPC creations anywhere.

Now, into the main content. So you have made a new NPC available for hiring on the telephone, is it able for you to also create other NPCs? Can you create a tutorial?

Thanks again.

i don't know any tutorial and it's difficult to create a tutorial because isn't easy to create a new npc. requires knowledge on c# and oriented object programming.

you can start following the basic:

http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php..._Object_Modding
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#352 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:05 AM
I love this gardener man! I dont have to take care of my garden. However, why does the gardener turn off my water sprinklers when he arrives and does NOT turn then back on then he leaves again? Is this a bug? BU anyhows thanks a lot for this cool mod!
Inventor
Original Poster
#353 Old 16th Nov 2012 at 10:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NumSimish
I love this gardener man! I dont have to take care of my garden. However, why does the gardener turn off my water sprinklers when he arrives and does NOT turn then back on then he leaves again? Is this a bug? BU anyhows thanks a lot for this cool mod!

it's not a bug it's a feature. he will turn off the sprionkler when the water task is done.
Test Subject
#354 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 6:39 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
it's not a bug it's a feature. he will turn off the sprionkler when the water task is done.

But can I not get something so that the sprinklers will turn on again after he leaves? I find it annoying that I have to turn them back on everyday??
Inventor
Original Poster
#355 Old 19th Nov 2012 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by NumSimish
But can I not get something so that the sprinklers will turn on again after he leaves? I find it annoying that I have to turn them back on everyday??

well, if he turned off it means all the plants on the area were watered. you don't need to keep the sprinklers working.

(sorry about the english).
Field Researcher
#356 Old 20th Nov 2012 at 9:06 AM
I'm wondering about this. I always upgrade my sprinklers to sprinkle automatically. They start at 4:00AM and stop at 7:00AM. The Gardener arrives at about 8:00AM and so he doesn't interfer anyway. He takes in account that the plants are already watered and just does the other tasks.
Test Subject
#357 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:07 AM
Will this work with Seasons?
Inventor
Original Poster
#358 Old 21st Nov 2012 at 2:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jconn3r
Will this work with Seasons?

already working. download the gardener v1.5
Lab Assistant
#359 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 4:46 AM
thanks bro you are awsome dont know why EA didnt made us a Gardener like in the sims 2 , but thanks to your mod this problem is solved thanks again \m/
Test Subject
#360 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 2:58 PM
i dont know why but items arent being sent to my inventory. is anyone else having tht problem??
Inventor
Original Poster
#361 Old 24th Nov 2012 at 3:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Toneyp
i dont know why but items arent being sent to my inventory. is anyone else having tht problem??

"The Harvested Products will be automatically transferred to the "Home Fridge" (if it's edible) or the "Shared Family Inventory" (if isn't edible)."
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#362 Old 26th Nov 2012 at 3:00 AM
Может кто нибудь перевести мод на русский язык? Сделайте люди добрые - дело доброе :&#1086
Test Subject
#363 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 12:56 PM
This is the most delightful mod ever created! I can not explain why EA has not included yet the gardener service in the game.

Though I noticed that the apron on the NPC is too "toxic" green. Can you make they outfit color not so saturated, for example using #2e8b57 green.

At last, could you share string file for translation (on Russian)?
Inventor
Original Poster
#364 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 5:56 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 30th Nov 2012 at 5:15 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Demagog
This is the most delightful mod ever created! I can not explain why EA has not included yet the gardener service in the game.

Though I noticed that the apron on the NPC is too "toxic" green. Can you make they outfit color not so saturated, for example using #2e8b57 green.

At last, could you share string file for translation (on Russian)?

i will change the color.

open the package file using S3PE find the file "GardenerNPC_strings_RUS_RU". press "Grid" to translate the mod. save it and send me the file.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#365 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:21 PM
29/12/1012 (dd/mm/yyyy)- v1.6

I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas! Looking forward to the year 1013! So, how 'bout them Normans?

</tongue_in_cheek> ;-)
Inventor
Original Poster
#366 Old 29th Nov 2012 at 10:33 PM Last edited by douglasveiga : 29th Nov 2012 at 10:50 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by JT`
29/12/1012 (dd/mm/yyyy)- v1.6

I hope everybody had a Merry Christmas! Looking forward to the year 1013! So, how 'bout them Normans?

</tongue_in_cheek> ;-)

LOL :D

amazing how i never noticed this issue.
CTRL+C
CTRL+V
Test Subject
#367 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 5:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by douglasveiga
open the package file using S3PE find the file "GardenerNPC_strings_RUS_RU". press "Grid" to translate the mod. save it and send me the file.
I am totally a noob in modding, I can just translate
However, I tried to extract .stbl file and to open it with STBL editor, but it does not work for not clear reasons.
If you could explain in more detail how to work with these files, I'd try again.
Inventor
Original Poster
#368 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 6:04 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Demagog
I am totally a noob in modding, I can just translate
However, I tried to extract .stbl file and to open it with STBL editor, but it does not work for not clear reasons.
If you could explain in more detail how to work with these files, I'd try again.

open the package file using S3PE.
find the file "GardenerNPC_strings_RUS_RU".
right-click.
on the menu click "Edit STBL".
translate all the strings you find.
press "Save".
It will pop-up a confirmation box, just press "yes" to update the stbl file.
save and close the package file.
test in your game to check if all the translated strings are right.

If everything is alright, open the package again,
find the file "GardenerNPC_strings_RUS_RU".
right-click.
on the menu click "Export" and after "To file".
save it and send the exported stbl file via PM (private message).
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#369 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 2:47 PM
Thank you for this!
Test Subject
#370 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 9:19 PM
Loving this mod but I have a quick question; in your 'known issues' you say we shouldn't try to edit age, add him to our family, etc... does this include editing his outfit in CAS? I mean, in winter those short sleeves would be unrealistic... or in colder places
Inventor
Original Poster
#371 Old 30th Nov 2012 at 10:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by MichelleBrujah
Loving this mod but I have a quick question; in your 'known issues' you say we shouldn't try to edit age, add him to our family, etc... does this include editing his outfit in CAS? I mean, in winter those short sleeves would be unrealistic... or in colder places

no problems changing his clothes.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#372 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 5:17 AM
This is so awesome!! Thank you :D
Field Researcher
#373 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 9:07 PM
I'm devastated! I can't use your Gardener 1.6 but I don't know why. I can request the Gardener and I'm told he's routing to my lot. However, he never arrives. When I wanted to cancel the him it's not possible because it looks as if I haven't requested him. I tried this a few times but I always got the note he's routing to my lot but in fact it looks as if I never requested him.

I deleted the mod, deleted the script cache file and used your HarvestRobot for a while. I saved the game in between and closed and loaded it again a few timesit. Then I put the mod back but nothing had changed. No matter what I do, it doesn't work. Not even when I start a new game. So I had to put the Gardener 1.5 back and this mod works perfectly.
Inventor
Original Poster
#374 Old 1st Dec 2012 at 10:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Snugglypoo4
I'm devastated! I can't use your Gardener 1.6 but I don't know why. I can request the Gardener and I'm told he's routing to my lot. However, he never arrives. When I wanted to cancel the him it's not possible because it looks as if I haven't requested him. I tried this a few times but I always got the note he's routing to my lot but in fact it looks as if I never requested him.

I deleted the mod, deleted the script cache file and used your HarvestRobot for a while. I saved the game in between and closed and loaded it again a few timesit. Then I put the mod back but nothing had changed. No matter what I do, it doesn't work. Not even when I start a new game. So I had to put the Gardener 1.5 back and this mod works perfectly.

fixed, just download again.

i was testing the mod and i forgot to turn off testing flag.
Field Researcher
#375 Old 2nd Dec 2012 at 7:46 AM Last edited by Snugglypoo4 : 2nd Dec 2012 at 9:10 AM.
You're such a sweetheart! I'll test it right away and report back how it goes. :D

EDIT: Yes, yes, yes!!! It works and the Gardener rakes the fallen leaves like crazy. Now I'm a happy camper!
Page 15 of 30