Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Apr 2022 at 10:29 PM
How can I fix these broken skins?
I have downloaded the complete collection from myabandonware, used the widescreen patcher, dgvoodoo, moved the game to my public folder, and am running on xp compatibility and as an admin. I had issues getting it to work but now finally it seems to be running fine. Except, these skins are broken. I have no cc so I don't know why this happened. Anyone know how to fix it?
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 16th Apr 2022 at 7:15 PM
The texture is being stretched over the wrong mesh, and that's weird; that shouldn't happen in a game with no CC.

Something must be wrong with the version of the game you downloaded. I'd suggest that you try the one at the Internet Archive instead; people seem to have good luck with it.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 3:54 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Corylea
The texture is being stretched over the wrong mesh, and that's weird; that shouldn't happen in a game with no CC.

Something must be wrong with the version of the game you downloaded. I'd suggest that you try the one at the Internet Archive instead; people seem to have good luck with it.

Thanks, I think you're right. I was just playing and it crashed. I keep getting the burglar sound at random times too. This version I downloaded from myabandonware might be corrupt. I'll startover and try the Internet Archive one. At least I know how to get it working this time.
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 10:56 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Susy_Simsalot
I have downloaded the complete collection from myabandonware, used the widescreen patcher, dgvoodoo, moved the game to my public folder, and am running on xp compatibility and as an admin. I had issues getting it to work but now finally it seems to be running fine. Except, these skins are broken. I have no cc so I don't know why this happened. Anyone know how to fix it?

It's not really a bug, but a naming mistake made by Maxis.

The right skin is from the C&C Renegade pack and was released for the basegame and its named : B634FAFitlgt_Petrova.
The left skin is from the Unleashed expansion pack and it's called : B634fafit_mom2.

Because they both use the B634 number, you have both skins duplicated in your game : 1 correct version and 1 bugged version (everybody had this issue)

You could fix this by renaming the B634FAFitlgt_Petrova files to a different number (that isn't used in your game. This is the easiest way, because this one is in the The Sims\GameData\Skins folder instead of a .far file
Top Secret Researcher
#5 Old 17th Apr 2022 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by PanCakezzz
Because they both use the B634 number, you have both skins duplicated in your game : 1 correct version and 1 bugged version (everybody had this issue)

I have not had this issue. I have the disc version of the game, though, which may make a difference.

I've made some mods for The Sims 1 -- yes, The Sims ONE :-) -- which you can find at http://corylea.com/Sims1ModsByCorylea.html