Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Individual Aging ON/OFF << UPDATED 10/24/2006 <<

by monique Posted 26th May 2006 at 2:07 PM - Updated 24th Oct 2006 at 7:12 AM by monique

223 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 215 Feedback Posts, 7 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 9
Lab Assistant
#76 Old 29th May 2006 at 12:19 AM
It's such a wonderful idea though! Could it be conflicting with the Inteenminator Hack?

"Smile when it rains"
Field Researcher
#77 Old 29th May 2006 at 12:27 AM
GREAT hack Monique. Thanks!

Konecoshushi - Read back about 1 or 2 pages. You will see the answer to your question. Also look at all the file info, it tells you which ones conflict. :*)

~JJ~
Looking for a forum to host your creations? Let's talk. PM me or email me from my site below.

Check out Lucentsims :*) And our forums.
Systemic Anomaly
#78 Old 29th May 2006 at 6:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Konecoshushi
It's such a wonderful idea though! Could it be conflicting with the Inteenminator Hack?

Yes, it does - in a very egregious way. Do not attempt to use them both together at the same time.
Field Researcher
#79 Old 29th May 2006 at 10:19 AM
Supa hack. Aging off without typing the cheat!

nothing there
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 29th May 2006 at 10:24 AM
Does this require OfB? Or can this be with Nightlife, because I saw one for Nightlife.

"Think twice before you speak, and then you may be able to say something more insulting than if you spoke right out at once."

By Evan Esar (1899 - 1995), Esar's Comic Dictionary
Instructor
#81 Old 29th May 2006 at 2:37 PM
This is going to be oh-so-usefull!! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome work.

*** If you can't brighten them with brilliance, baffle them with bullshit ***

(()) Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that
//\\ has survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#82 Old 30th May 2006 at 7:56 PM
Default Local for NL?
i'm assuming that the NL version won't work with inteenimator? would it be possible to make a local BHAV version for NL? i would love to have this mod but still wanna keep the inteen.

thanks for the great mod!
Field Researcher
#83 Old 31st May 2006 at 3:36 AM Last edited by flameflash : 31st May 2006 at 3:37 AM. Reason: Need to learn smilie code on MTS2
Works wonderfully now.

Looks like there's a lag on when it shows up for sims already in the game prior to being installed, but on new sims it starts off running quite well!

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#84 Old 31st May 2006 at 3:40 AM
This is so nice to have. My 5 year old little girl always wants me to make toddlers and never wants them to get any older. She is going to love this!!!
Great Job! :clap:

Thanx So Much,
TickleYu (Teresa) :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 31st May 2006 at 1:48 PM
So the OFB local one won't conflict with InTeen?

Back playing Sims 2 after 10 years . . .
Instructor
#86 Old 31st May 2006 at 7:42 PM
Hi Monique,

I have all three expacks installed and am currently using this on a pre-made Maxis lot - Beaker in Strangetown. I chose a Maxis existing lot because if any problems occur, I figure it would be one of these. In retrospect I probably should have chosen the Smith household instead. I set it 'on' for one of the Sims and 'off' for the other two, using both the self-set option and the option of setting it through the other Sim - So far I have had no problems. Aging appears normal and works as expected.

Thank you so very much,

HeartDeco
Instructor
#87 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 5:46 PM Last edited by HeartDeco : 2nd Jun 2006 at 5:53 PM.
The OFB local version works great without conflict, just as you said. I had six adult Sims in one household, as above, five were set with aging off and one left with aging on as a test. Everything worked as promised - Thank You.

Another household just had twins, so I will look forward to using this 'tool' from now on. I assume the local OFB version was also updated for the 'others' age control as I can click on the babies and it shows aging is set properly. Good timing, Monique.

All is well,

HeartDeco
Test Subject
#88 Old 2nd Jun 2006 at 7:11 PM
Many Thx!
This is the tool I waiting so long for.
))
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Jun 2006 at 12:48 AM
Oooh, I must try this! I needed a way to make a few sims immortal. I was planning to turn aging off and then just aging all non-immortal sims one day at 6:00, but this will be much easier! Do you think you could make something like this for the "stretch_skeleton" cheat. Like, it could be an item you specify the height on and then put in their inventory. That way, sims could have different heights. *has thought out idea completly but has no way of carrying it out* It was a thought I had and I've been wanting to ask someone if it's even possible. XD
Lab Assistant
#90 Old 4th Jun 2006 at 10:16 PM
I installed this, but I am a little confused.......okay, when I click on a sim, for instance, Bobby Jones The Sim, the default says "My Aging is on" right? SO, aging is on......so bobby would age the next day. Now, if I click on that, it shuts aging off, right?

just a little confused......wanted to make sure I understand it........right now I used the aging off cheat just until I know how the individual aging on/off works.
Test Subject
#91 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 12:11 AM
I have an issue methinks. I have the FF Pack (ugh) and I put the first aging download in the game. I was using the Pleasent household and I put it on before I sent the twins to college. After they got home from college, the twins age now even though I have their aging turned off, but the parents don't age even though I have the aging turned on. Please help.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#92 Old 5th Jun 2006 at 12:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jedilizthesim
I installed this, but I am a little confused.......okay, when I click on a sim, for instance, Bobby Jones The Sim, the default says "My Aging is on" right? SO, aging is on......so bobby would age the next day. Now, if I click on that, it shuts aging off, right?

Right, aging will freeze for that particular sim.

Pls. see my journal for my hacks compatibility. Thanks.
Field Researcher
#93 Old 9th Jun 2006 at 9:33 PM
I think this looks wonderful...but, I have a "hacked" coffee maker, the Power_Espresso by SimCutie that allows aging to be reversed as well as allowing all needs to be maxed, and aspirations to be set to platinum, etc. I generally use this to keep my sims from aging, as it can be done on each individual sim as well. Does this work in a similar manner? Is it tied to an object? Sorry if this is a dumb question.

If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain.- Maya Angelou

Avalon
Top Secret Researcher
#94 Old 12th Jun 2006 at 11:40 PM
Monique, one of my sim with aging off goes to her business at the community lot, and after a few days, when she returns home, she became a lot younger than her husband (they are supposed to be the same age). So my guess is that even on the community lot, which suspend all aging, the hack still makes the sim younger by a day (and since community lot suspend aging, the sim will get younger instead of being in the younger-older loop which makes the aging off).

Make any sense?

I use the OFB local version by the way.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#95 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 3:11 AM
Quote: Originally posted by emino
Monique, one of my sim with aging off goes to her business at the community lot, and after a few days, when she returns home, she became a lot younger than her husband (they are supposed to be the same age). So my guess is that even on the community lot, which suspend all aging, the hack still makes the sim younger by a day (and since community lot suspend aging, the sim will get younger instead of being in the younger-older loop which makes the aging off).

Make any sense?

I use the OFB local version by the way.

Out of more than 1000 who downloaded it and you are the first one who reported it. Thank you very much for that report. I uploaded MQ_Individual_Aging_Controller_OFB_Local_v1.1, pls test it again.

Top Secret Researcher
#96 Old 13th Jun 2006 at 3:30 AM
Shall test now . Probabbly because nobody are nuts enaugh to makes their sim spend nearly a week on her business like me :P.
Test Subject
#97 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:33 AM
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but which of the files am I supposed to download? All three of them, or just one? Also, it has the icons for NL and University. Does this mean it won't work if I only have the orginal Sims 2?
Test Subject
#98 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 2:29 PM
Sorry, I mean NL and Open for Business.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#99 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 4:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by bubbleblahblah
Sorry if this is a dumb question, but which of the files am I supposed to download? All three of them, or just one? Also, it has the icons for NL and University. Does this mean it won't work if I only have the orginal Sims 2?

why dont you test it in Original, I tested it in OFB and NL, but based on codes it wont work with Original but I havent tested it in Original I might be wrong.

Test Subject
#100 Old 18th Jun 2006 at 3:19 AM
Which ones do I download? All three or just one?
Page 4 of 9