Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 8th Jan 2018 at 4:20 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game Won't Launch After Moving My Documents
I've been downloading a bunch of custom content lately, and it's been causing me to quickly run out of storage on my main partition. I decided to use this guide to move My Documents to my other partition to free up space. However, ever since I've done this the game refuses to open. I can see in the Task Manager under the Details tab that Sims 2 is running, but it never actually opens. The game was working fine before I moved My Documents.

I've followed everything listed here short of reinstalling the game with no results. I'm not really sure what else to do, but I'm definitely not eager to reinstall the game and lose all my progress. If anyone can help I'd be very appreciative.

Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-6200U CPU @ 2.30GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.4 GHz
RAM: 8GBs
Graphics Cards: Intel HD Graphics 520 | NVIDIA GeForce 940M (Game runs on Integrated Graphics)
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 2:34 AM
I had similar problems when I moved My Documents folder. Unfortunately, it appears that the game sets the path for the files when installed and doesn't like it changed. I had to reinstall.
Née whiterider
retired moderator
#3 Old 9th Jan 2018 at 11:02 PM
TS2 works fine with altered Documents locations. This really, really does sound like a cache issue. When you moved the EA Games folder out of your (new) Documents location to let the game generate a new one, did that work?

Also, which OS are you on?

What I lack in decorum, I make up for with an absence of tact.