Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 5:45 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default bypass origin?
hello! i recently got a new pc, finally upgraded to win10 and i just got my sims 2 working again.

except... that f**king origin launcher. i hate it. i HATE it.

on my old win7 pc i KNOW i did something so the game wouldn't automatically force the fetid steaming pile of gigantic massive reeking horsesh** that is goddamn origin to dry heave its filthy .exe processes into my background task management, but it's been a good ???? years since i did that and for the life of me i can't remotely find any scrap of evidence of what the hell it was. it involved just moving the files to a different folder or maybe going deep into pc settings and making it so origin wasn't linked to the sims at all UGGH!! i don't know, it's driving me goddamn crazy, no matter what i google "sims 2 bypass origin" or "sims 2 stop launching origin" "sims 2 no origin launch" i get NOTHING useful please help
Advertisement
Test Subject
#2 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 7:35 AM
1. Calm Down.
2, You are obviously not googling hard enough cause I found this in less than two minutes https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603256
Forum Resident
#3 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 7:40 AM
I'd recommend this mod: https://modthesims.info/d/648220/si...borderless.html

Bypasses Origin, fixes Firstborn Syndrome, automatically applies 4 GB fix (you'll need that for Win 10).

And while you're at it, if you experience any crashes or pink flashing, check these instructions: https://modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=610641
Windows 10 is so bad for Sims 2...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 9:43 PM
@FurryTrash23 so, like, yeah i found that too when i first tried googling the problem. it is completely outdated and does not work.

@Ovenhole thank you i think i'll give this one a shot! i already did the memory allocation, 4gb patch, and the graphics rules maker, the only hangup i have was origin

this wasn't the exact fix i remember doing years ago so i'm hoping maybe someone might come along with that, because as far as i remember it didn't require any third party programs or necessarily a mod but i could be wrong.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 9:58 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 9th Nov 2020 at 10:13 PM.
The memory allocation fix is apparently also outdated, especially if you use the DXVK method or the new version of the GraphicsRulesMaker or any of the newer fixes.
Alchemist
#6 Old 9th Nov 2020 at 10:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by a_tg
@FurryTrash23 so, like, yeah i found that too when i first tried googling the problem. it is completely outdated and does not work.

I used that method two days ago with my new laptop, and it's working just fine. You have to follow the link to leefish, ignore the majority of the information about removing securom (because that part IS outdated) and follow the last step.
Field Researcher
#7 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:00 AM
Quote: Originally posted by a_tg

this wasn't the exact fix i remember doing years ago so i'm hoping maybe someone might come along with that, because as far as i remember it didn't require any third party programs or necessarily a mod but i could be wrong.

It used to be easier to bypass Origin. I think they changed something in origin to keep you from doing it.

But the launcher Ovenhole linked also fixed firstborn syndrome, so it's useful to have.
Forum Resident
#8 Old 10th Nov 2020 at 7:02 AM
They did, originally you could start the game with the regular .exe and it would bypass Origin.