Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#26 Old 21st Mar 2021 at 3:04 PM
Once upon a time, many years ago, I cared about LTW's in Sims 2.

Now, they work where they are needed in the hood
Advertisement
Forum Resident
Original Poster
#27 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 8:05 AM
I added the following Lifetime Wants to the following Aspirations in my game:

*Become Celebrity Chef = Grilled Cheese (since I like to keep my Sims employed, I feel that Sims with the Grilled Cheese aspiration should have some career related Lifetime wants available to them. Since Grilled Cheese Sandwiches are a type of food, and since the Culinary career's primary focus is food, if there were any ideal careers for Grilled Cheese Sims, it would definitely be the Culinary career)
*Become Professional Party Guest = Grilled Cheese (while the Slacker career isn't a career that Grilled Cheese Sims can easily relate to, it is more laid back in comparison to other careers in terms of skill points. And Grilled Cheese typically stands out as the most laid back of the aspirations. Since I like to keep my Sims employed, I feel that Grilled Cheese Sims should have some career related Lifetime wants available to them. I feel that this lifetime want would therefore be fitting, at least in theory, for Sims with the Grilled Cheese aspiration.)
*Become Hall of Famer = Pleasure (I have always found it rather unsatisfactory that all the other aspirations apart from Grilled Cheese have at least one available Lifetime want that requires Body skills to advance, but the Pleasure aspiration does not. Since Pleasure is a common combination of Popularity and Romance, other than being more laid back than the other aspirations besides Grilled Cheese, I can't really see why this lifetime want shouldn't be available to Pleasure Sims)
*Become Mad Scientist = Fortune (While the Science career may not be the easiest for Fortune Sims to relate to, they already have the Lifetime want to reach the top of the Medicine career, which is also available to Knowledge Sims. Since Fortune and Knowledge stand out as more ambitious than other aspirations, since they already share many career related Lifetime wants with each other, since the Medicine and Science careers require much of the same skills, since the top level in Science has a higher wage than the top level in Medicine, and since many of my Fortune Sims already have Knowledge oriented backgrounds, I feel that this lifetime want would therefore be fitting for Fortune Sims)
*Become Business Tycoon = Popularity (I have found it rather odd that this is one of the career paths that Popularity Sims have been known to want to join, yet when Lifetime wants were introduced to The Sims 2, the want to reach the top level in the Business career was not among the lifetime wants that were made available to Popularity Sims by default. Since Popularity Sims already have the Lifetime want to own 5 top level Businesses, and since reaching the top level in the Business career would in theory help Popularity Sims on the way to a good Reputation, I feel that this lifetime want would be fitting for Popularity Sims)
*Become Rock God = Pleasure ( have always found it rather odd that both the Popularity and Romance aspirations have this as an available Lifetime want, but the Pleasure aspiration does not. Since Pleasure is a common combination of Popularity and Romance, it would make sense for it to have this as a lifetime want as well. I can certainly imagine this as a fitting lifetime want for Pleasure Sims)

I haven't made the following changes yet, although I do plan to:

*Become Celebrity Chef = Family (while the Culinary career isn't a career that Family Sims can easily relate to, it is one of my most frequent career choices when it comes to finding careers for my Family Sims. Since I like to keep my Sims employed, I feel that Family Sims should have some more career related Lifetime wants available to them. Plus I find the Culinary career to be more fitting than many of the other career related Lifetime wants that aren't available to Family Sims by default)
*Become General = Family (while the Military career isn't a career that Family Sims can easily relate to, it is one of my most frequent career choices when it comes to finding careers for my Family Sims. Though not as frequent as the Culinary or Law Enforcement careers. Since I like to keep my Sims employed, I feel that Family Sims should have some more career related Lifetime wants available to them. And I find the Military career to be more fitting than many of the other career related Lifetime wants that aren't available to Family Sims by default)
*Have 50 1st Dates = Romance (I have always found it rather odd that the Pleasure aspiration has this as an available Lifetime want, but the Romance aspiration does not. Since Romance Sims are passionate to have as many romantic possibilities with anyone as possible, without being tied up by lifelong commitment, and since this lifetime want would be an excellent way to achieve many romantic possibilities without being tied up by lifelong commitment, I can certainly imagine this as a fitting lifetime want for Romance Sims)

It's been a long time since I've played the game with Nightlife installed without FreeTime installed, so I can't remember off the top of my head how frequently Pleasure Sims roll wants to gain skill points. I know Fortune Sims usually don't roll wants to gain skill points unless they are directly related to their careers.
Mad Poster
#28 Old 22nd Mar 2021 at 6:33 PM
I fully intend to use a Mod to remove the lifetime wants restrictions for my sims and to change those for any sim who has one that won't work or can't be filled if that want is related to an unavialble career or if it's tied to taking a job in a town that's just starting out as jobs are unavialble in the early stages of a town's lifespan.I love replacing Romance with Pleasure for newly aged up teens on occasions for ones that might be childish and it's an apiration that is often outgrown as they get older.
Forum Resident
#29 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 2:41 AM
The 50 Dream dates LTW is extremely tedious, but in a big enough neighborhood, the 50 First Dates is easy to do. It's not like any of them have to be good dates after all. Just need a Pleasure sim with enough money to pay the matchmaker for all those dates. And you can cheap out most of those requests, hehe. Also, for any aspiration, I avoid realizing the LTW until late in the elder stage because permaplat sims bore me most of the time. Occasional platinum is good, but not constant platinum. People will disagree with this point, perhaps, but I prefer a challenging game to an easy one.

I enjoy the Pleasure aspiration. It helps that I use Squinge's Any LTW for Any Aspiration. One of my pleasure sims had the result of a LTW to earn $100,000. So he bought a bowling alley, lounged around and socialized with the customers, and even with the ticket machine set to Cheap (or maybe Average, I forget, it's been a while), he racked up the simoleons with minimal effort on his part. I had begun to find all the aspiration-limited LTWs unsatisfying by that point, not just those available to a pleasure sim. Otherwise, they have low-point but easy to achieve wants and while it's hard to push them all the way into platinum, they usually can stay green or gold by changing into PJs, going to a community lot, playing chess, lighting a fire, etc. etc.

It's not my number 1 favorite aspiration but I can still really enjoy it. From most-liked to least-liked, I like Romance, Fortune, Popularity, Pleasure, Knowledge, Grilled Cheese, and Family. So it's still pretty fun for me to play.
Scholar
#30 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 8:36 PM
Good topic for a thread - I'm seeing some useful ideas here!

I tend to give fun-loving Sims the Pleasure aspiration, but I really don't enjoy playing it - I'm one of those who finds the endless repetition of petty little wants irritating. One thing that really annoys me is their obsession with buying toys, when they can't actually play with the toys. It just seems almost impossible to get a Pleasure Sim's aspiration up above green at best, especially in a busy household. They wind up screaming at me because their aspiration is low, and I'm yelling back, "Well, want something worth having, then!"

Maybe I should experiment with giving Pleasure only as a secondary aspiration, and/or with giving it to teenagers as a primary and having them grow up to be Fortune (if Active) or Romance (if Outgoing) as adults. Or, since I've accidentally modded out hobby lots , maybe an adult Pleasure Sim could own a Gaming Club.
Mad Poster
#31 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 9:13 PM
Playful doesn't mean always toys. They are great at playing musical instruments and this is thing what they want to do too, especially if they can go and play them on community lot and gain a lot of tips.
The most fun and interest playing pleasure sim is to go on vacation. Pleasure sims are so "IN" with everything what vacation actions can offer.
Field Researcher
#32 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 11:42 PM
So I know it's caused by an oversight by EA, but I tend to have a lot of Pleasure townies as I assign the aspiration to a lot of the townie children that I grow up using the FreeTime feature where you can choose friends to age up when a sim age transitions. EA forgot to randomize aspirations for child townies turning into teenagers, so usually I will just give them the Pleasure aspiration. I see Pleasure as a bit of an extension of the Grow Up aspiration (and townie kids still have Grow Up once they turn into teens) since it's childish, so it's fitting. And then when I move that generation of townie teens to college with my playable teens, they eventually get the chance to have a different aspiration when they finish sophomore year.
Mad Poster
#33 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 12:18 AM
Buy them toys and give them as gifts to children. They're being generous!

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#34 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 1:21 AM
When Gerry McBain's mum was pregnant, and he wanted to buy a toy, I'm sure he meant it as a present for the unborn baby (who turned out to be twins).

But when Ravi Bertino wanted to buy a toy, he didn't know any children. So I let him buy the radio-controlled car. It really is a toy even if the game categorises it as electronics. Ravi loves playing with it, and so does his boyfriend Jack. In fact when they were burgled (the first burglary in my game) Jack played with the car as the policeman was fighting with the burglar. As a result it was whizzing round their feet as they fought. An unforgettable moment!

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 6:32 PM
I play in quite a numerical and analytical way when it comes to assigning aspirations, and there are so many factors which work into how a Sim might live their lives that no one aspiration produces Sims who are all the same.

- I use dice rolls to assign aspiration, but there are minimum trait requirements. Pleasure must have playful 5 minimum. Popularity must have outgoing 5 minimum, etc.
- I also play with JoandSarahs motivation score system - Neatness + Active - Playful, to assign how motivated a Sim is.
- Their secondary aspiration also plays a part.

The result is that I have a lot of different Pleasure Sims. They are always a certain degree of playful, but a very neat and very active Sim with playful 5 could well roll a Pleasure aspiration. They would be have a high motivation score to achieve their job skill requirements and keep their environment clean.

Another pleasure Sim may have playful 10 and a low neat/active score. They would be very unmotivated. They may live in an untidy house and stay in a level 1 job their entire career, or be unemployed if they don't need the money.

Therefore I have Apolla Davenport who is a highly motivation Pleasure Sim making her way up the Adventurer career, and is part of the taskforce who are investigating the mysterious goings on in Fishtown. Her Popularity secondary keeps the household Friend score up for the entire house, which helps the more serious Knowledge sims in the house advance their careers while they study a lot.
I also have Nancy Trout, who has a very low motivation score with Romance side and has worked the same night shift in a gas station for years. She is untidy and spends too much time taking bubble baths, but she is a caring fun aunt who takes care of her sister's children during the day. They adore her and I love the relationship she has with them. She loves not being tied down and dates a lot due to her Romance secondary.

I also have happy families of low motivation Pleasure sims whose houses are chaotic and messy and in disrepair, and they rarely have high career levels or much money, but they are always having fun! Those Sims also usually have a low Neatness score and are less on it with their birth control so often have more kids than space.
Scholar
#36 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
The 50 Dream dates LTW is extremely tedious

Don't I know it - I still remember the boredom with my Asylum Challenge, as that was the LTW I had to fulfil for her! I loved the premise of the challenge, I loved building the asylum and finding suitable CC to make it look horrible, I loved both my playable and the crazies I made to be her fellow inmates patients, but I did not like her LTW!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Theorist
#37 Old 28th Mar 2021 at 12:01 PM
As far as LTWs go, I only take them into consideration if I need some inspiration what to do with a particular Sim. I even change them with a cheat object to match a particular Sim's story quite often.
I have never fulfilled things like the 50 first dates one, because that's not how I play the game.

Butt among the ones I have fulfilled I can't get over how self-congratulatory the text for the "Have Six Grandchildren" memory is:
Quote:
I'M proud of my Grandchildren. And proud of myself for achieving this Life Time Want

Oh yeah... Be proud of yourself for doing nothing while your children provide grandchildren so that you can have PermaPlat... And then not even mention them in your LTW memory...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Field Researcher
#38 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 4:28 PM
I actually like the aspiration and I think the low number of points they roll for things they want to do might be intentional; "okay I'm Downtown, now what?", "okay I'm bowling, now what?", "okay I've changed into my pajamas and jumping on the couch in the living room while kids shows play on the TV, now what?". And if they're actually on a date with someone they're enjoying being on a date with, it gets easier to get aspiration points if that's how I'm playing that character.

Also, Sims with pleasure aspiration don't flat-out refuse to do things like humans (ex., they don't say 'I don't want to get a job' unless they're in a bad mood), so they can get jobs, gain skill points, make money somehow, etc., just without the aspiration boost other Sims can get from those activities. And it works very well with Sims that are very playful or is growing up in a well-off family and the Sim doesn't need to find a job.
Mad Poster
#39 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 5:19 PM
One thing I've noticed about Pleasure sims - when the aspiration works for them, it works really, really well.

When I give a sim an aspiration on growing to teen, it's generally with the knowledge that they're going to college and will have a chance to change. So I give teens a slightly higher proportion of the "immature" aspirations (Popularity, Pleasure, Romance) than I actually want in my game. Then, at Junior year, any sims who I'm having trouble playing, or who have had a character arc or autonomous behavior or want-rolling tendency that indicates a major change, will get a "mature" aspiration (Fortune, Family, Knowledge), with the original aspiration as a secondary, and only those sims who are comfortable and interesting with the existing aspiration retain them. Sometimes I give those sims a secondary, but sometimes I look at them and smile and say: "Nope, honey, you're perfect. Why would I ever change you?"

And the aspiration I'm most likely to do this with is actually Pleasure! I recently did this for Sharla Ottomas, who is a Pleasure sim in Tri-Fruhm and has been having a relaxed good time with just the right amount of drama, lots of friends, and a position in the neighborhood that makes her a natural confidante for other, more driven sims. She's a senior, but she recently impulsively got engaged to freshman Isaiah Gavigan (who in this neighborhood is a bit of a douchebag) and went on academic probation, both of which are developments with potential for her future arc. Maybe I'll give her a secondary sometime, but right now, she's perfect.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#40 Old 9th Apr 2021 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Peni Griffin
"honey, you're perfect. Why would I ever change you?"
What a lovely thing to say to your Sim! I must try saying it to some of mine!

I think it's what Pleasure Sim Ravi Bertino says to Jack Gill (Romance), the boyfriend he lives with. Many get into relationships with Romance Sims, or their Real Life equivalents, believing that they can change them. Ravi has the very unusual sense not to even try. He knows that the boy he loves has a wandering eye, and would never be content in a monogamous relationship. So he loves Jack the way he is, and will never waste his time and endanger the relationship trying to change. Ravi has one of the nicest natures in my game, and I always love playing him. I've seen other Sims laughing at Sims who were trying to learn the piano. But when Joseph Lambert was trying to play his new piano, Ravi just cooed encouragingly. The thing is, Joseph's piano was a date gift from Jack Gill. And for all the dates he's had with Ravi, Jack has never given him anything more than a bunch of flowers. So Ravi had every reason to resent the piano. Especially since Ravi is quite creatively gifted and can play the piano well. But Ravi never even thought of being resentful -- he was just pleased for his friend getting the nice new piano. It's hard not to like somebody like Ravi. So yes, Pleasure Sims can be hard to play. But they can also be great fun and very rewarding to play.

Quote: Originally posted by Kligma
The 50 first dates and even moreso 50 dream dates lifetime wishes are jokes, though. Way too tedious for me to even attempt to fulfill.
Quote: Originally posted by SIMposiast
The 50 Dream dates LTW is extremely tedious
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
Don't I know it - I still remember the boredom with my Asylum Challenge, as that was the LTW I had to fulfil for her!

Well, I must be different. I love playing Sims on dream dates! I think if I was a Sim I think my LTW would be to have 50 Dream Dates (or maybe 500 Dream dates!).

Of course it may have to do with me really being an elder who's never even had a first kiss -- far less a dream date. And yet at the same time still being an incurable romantic. When it comes to a love life the only one I have is the one I live vicariously through my Sims. There is something about helping two Sims to the point where they're ecstatically happy in each other's company that always does it for me. Yes, there may some envy, because I know I would like to have a relationship like that too, but it never works negatively. When I see them happy, some of their joy always rubs off on me, and I feel happy too. I suspect that playing a Sim on a dream date is the nearest I'll ever get to a dream date myself, and it's safer for me than I think a real one would be, as I don't run the risk of getting hurt.

So, I'm confident that I'll never be bored playing Sims on dream dates, especially when they're Sims I know well and really care about. The 50 Dream Dates is one of my favourite LTWs to play.

Pleasure Sims can be a bit difficult to play when they're not in a relationship as most of their wants are small, but when they're on a date, they seem to get just as many high value wants as any other Sim. So I rather like to have my Pleasure Sims in at least one romantic relationship.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#41 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 12:51 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
Well, I must be different. I love playing Sims on dream dates! I think if I was a Sim I think my LTW would be to have 50 Dream Dates (or maybe 500 Dream dates!).

Yep, different strokes! Also, since I play the regular lifespan, part of it is also what an absurd amount of time fulfilling that LTW would take up in relation to how much time they have overall and to do other things.

I am Error.
Theorist
#42 Old 10th Apr 2021 at 10:04 PM
At least the 50 Dream Dates can all be with one Sim, right? Still not a LTW I ever fulfilled, but at least somewhat possible with my playstyle, theoretically.
The "50 First Dates" LTW, however (or even the Whoohoo with 20 different Sims one)? Where am I to get 50 Sims for that? I play without Townies and all...

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Page 2 of 2