Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 18th May 2021 at 3:34 AM Last edited by nikkiluvz : 18th May 2021 at 4:03 AM. Reason: Solved

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Apartment Life
Default Intro skipping, crashing upon loading
Update: Not sure what happened, but restarting the computer fixed the issue.

I've experienced this issue one other time, but it was only on one account, and fixed itself at some point (no idea how, I just decided to check some time later, and it was working). This time it's happening on all accounts. I start up the game, the intro skips itself, then halfway through loading, the game crashes, I'm not sure if it's my computer experiencing some sort of issue, or something wrong with the game files, I tried checking them, but nothings seems out of the ordinary there. I have also not made any changes that could have affected the game.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 18th May 2021 at 4:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by nikkiluvz
Update: Not sure what happened, but restarting the computer fixed the issue.

I've experienced this issue one other time, but it was only on one account, and fixed itself at some point (no idea how, I just decided to check some time later, and it was working). This time it's happening on all accounts. I start up the game, the intro skips itself, then halfway through loading, the game crashes, I'm not sure if it's my computer experiencing some sort of issue, or something wrong with the game files, I tried checking them, but nothings seems out of the ordinary there. I have also not made any changes that could have affected the game.

Is your antivirus set to ignore sims 2 files? Check that and be sure sims 2 is whitelisted.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~