Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#226 Old 4th Nov 2018 at 6:55 PM
@GreyGreey I replied in your other thread, this thread is about the in-game randomization.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#227 Old 20th Nov 2018 at 2:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
On the topic of the randomizer, I wonder if twojeff's Bring Friend Dialog uses the faulty RNG. My students always bring home the same three kids (Sharla or Tommy Ottomas or Angela Pleasant). Only rarely seen anyone else, and it's always in the low numbers. I've attempted to test this after rolling the pacifier, but there's no reliable way to because then most of the time they don't bother bringing anyone at all.

I made an interesting discovery just now. Earlier in the session, I'd rolled the pacifier a bunch of times in preparation for an upcoming baby (and also to see the wonky genetic results of, uh, Sims with "interesting" features). When the bus pulled up to drop off the kids, twojeff's bring friends home dialog popped up - and it was a Sim that'd never been brought home before!

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 7:30 PM
Did anyone tried to work on randomness solution after Moothilda? It would be nice that gets finished and show EA what mean "FIXED!"
Mad Poster
#229 Old 25th Dec 2018 at 9:44 PM
I don't believe so. In another thread–though I can't find it–somebody, maybe @kestrellyn, had an idea involving using the current date/time to seed the RNG, as it'd be different each time. Perhaps Unix time. I'm not sure if this is something that could be done through modding, though. It might be hardcoded in.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#230 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 2:02 PM
Adding a note here to link to this solution for the 'Firstborn Effect':
https://modthesims.info/d/648220/

Doing this because this thread shows up when searching for information on the issue, so it would be good to have a solution linked.
Mad Poster
#231 Old 22nd Dec 2020 at 4:23 PM
@Simsample -Thanks for posting that link for others looking to fix this issue as I've likely got that in already.been using that fix for a while now and had no issues with it except that I had to set it to run in windowed mode and use another portable program to get the boarderless window feature to work.
Locked thread
Page 10 of 10