Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#14376 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 8:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FuryCat
It's like all Sims are fortune Sims.

The "ka-ching!" just makes it hard to take seriously.

I'm secretly a Bulbasaur. | Formerly known as ihatemandatoryregister

Looking for SimWardrobe's mods? | Or Dizzy's? | Faiuwle/rufio's too! | smorbie1's Chris Hatch archives
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#14377 Old 16th Mar 2024 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@lientebollemeis Monique has an automatic payment mod where you can set up payments to other sims.

Yes, a payment to another sim, but not a bill to another sim.

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Contact me here: www.facebook.com/sims2idea
Overview all my creations: Download at once (SimFileShare)
Lab Assistant
#14378 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 12:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by foolinthemoon
I didn't see a thread like this(sorry if i missed it), and this is NOT a request thread, its just an idea thread. Funny Hacks, Game help/content hacks. Things you think would make the game more interesting and fun

I was thinking that when parent sims are doing the 'deed' and sim kids walk in, they should have a bad reaction (motives go down a bit) and a bad memory of it I think that would be so awesome!

Less of a gameplay and more of an external thing: I wish there was a program to track how often certain custom content is used in game or not by the user (no idea how that would actually work, maybe count if content has been saved to a sims 3D data or if an object is present on a lot). I feel like I tend to download things on a "oh, but what if I need "X" someday..." basis and then it just sits in my game gathering dust because I either forget that it's there or it turns out I don't actually need it. I think it'd be sobering and keep my downloads folder a lot smaller to clear out unwanted CC. It would also be interesting to see which pieces and things I or other players gravitate towards using or playing with.
Mad Poster
#14379 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 7:14 AM
A 'Fly on my broom with me' mod.

It drives me nuts that when a witch sim is going someplace with a child sim, the witch will fly to the lot and leave the child to walk alone, especially after dark.

But since that is probably somewhere between hard to impossible to animate, how about adding the 'walk to lot' function back to witches, so that the player could choose if the witch will walk or fly to lot, depending on the situation? That might be better anyway, just because it is kind of unromantic to fly to another lot while one's date is walking.

Pics from my game: Sunbee's Simblr Sunbee's Livejournal
"English is a marvelous edged weapon if you know how to wield it." C.J. Cherryh
Field Researcher
#14380 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bulbizarre
The "ka-ching!" just makes it hard to take seriously.

Yes! Literally, one time they get a memory that says how much they miss the deceased Sim, then they suddenly forget about it because they got money.

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Alchemist
#14381 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 6:13 PM
Yeah I'd like to know what cc I use most often too. It seems I'm always getting rid of cc I think I don't use, then finding out later that I was actually using it cuz I see a sim with missing hair or find a missing floor in a lot, etc.

@lientebollemeis with Monique's Automatic Payment mod you can simulate the bills because you are sending payments. So, instead of a utility sending a recurring bill/debit to your bank account, you're telling your bank to send a recurring payment to the utility. The end result should be the same--only difference is who is doing the set up. In this case, each payer is setting up the payment to their biller, but again the end result should be the same--there's a recurring charge they have to pay. (Am I missing something?) You can set up fees for different kind of services--for example you can send weekly taxes to the mayor or fees to the sim that owns the phone company, etc. Or you can set up a daily payment to the sim you summon over to be your maid or babysitter. You could have your households pay tuition to the local school teacher and have that serve as the teacher's salary, or have households send money to sims to represent utilities, like a water bill or maybe a cable bill if they have a tv, etc. If sims don't have the money it does get added to their bills.

Are you looking for something that gets added to household bills instead of something that does an automatic debit to household funds? Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#14382 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 6:51 PM
Yeah I'd like to know what cc I use most often too. It seems I'm always getting rid of cc I think I don't use, then finding out later that I was actually using it cuz I see a sim with missing hair or find a missing floor in a lot, etc.

@lientebollemeis with Monique's Automatic Payment mod you can simulate the bills because you are sending payments. So, instead of a utility sending a recurring bill/debit to your bank account, you're telling your bank to send a recurring payment to the utility. The end result should be the same--only difference is who is doing the set up. In this case, each payer is setting up the payment to their biller, but again the end result should be the same--there's a recurring charge they have to pay. (Am I missing something?) You can set up fees for different kind of services--for example you can send weekly taxes to the mayor or fees to the sim that owns the phone company, etc. Or you can set up a daily payment to the sim you summon over to be your maid or babysitter. You could have your households pay tuition to the local school teacher and have that serve as the teacher's salary, or have households send money to sims to represent utilities, like a water bill or maybe a cable bill if they have a tv, etc. If sims don't have the money it does get added to their bills.

Are you looking for something that gets added to household bills instead of something that does an automatic debit to household funds? Otherwise, I'm not quite sure what you're looking for.

I know about that Automatic Payment mod.
But what I'm looking for is that household1 can send a one time bill to household2 eg of $400.
Then loading household2 and they have received a bill of $400 from household1 which they pay.
Then loading household1 and they receive a message that household2 has payed the bill.

Is that possible with Monique's computer?

Where did your MTS uploads go? https://s2idownloads.blogspot.com/2...content-no.html
Field Researcher
#14383 Old 17th Mar 2024 at 10:12 PM
A mod that stops visitors from ringing the doorbell thousands of times when a Sim of the household is already outside waiting to greet them. If this exists, I will download it immediately. It's so annoying!

Cats are the cutest creatures. And the most stubborn.
Mad Poster
#14384 Old Yesterday at 11:44 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lientebollemeis
I know about that Automatic Payment mod.
But what I'm looking for is that household1 can send a one time bill to household2 eg of $400.
Then loading household2 and they have received a bill of $400 from household1 which they pay.
Then loading household1 and they receive a message that household2 has payed the bill.

Is that possible with Monique's computer?

I don't think so. You have to imagine that they gave them a bill when they did the work.
Top Secret Researcher
#14385 Old Yesterday at 8:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I don't think so. You have to imagine that they gave them a bill when they did the work.

Would it be possible to alter the checkbook made by Paladin to make it so that a negative amount of money can be selected. Eg. A -$400 check is sent from household 1 to household 2. When household1 writes the check they get $400. When household 2 loads, $400 is substracted from their budget.
Would that be moddable?

Alchemist
#14386 Old Today at 1:47 AM
Great minds think alike! After what you described, lientebollemeis, I was thinking what you needed was like a reverse Simwardrobe Checkbook. I don't see why it couldn't be done. What are the steps in using the Checkbook--cuz you'd need to reverse that. So first you have your sim fill out the checkbook and select a recipient. That all stays the same. But I believe the next thing is that the money gets deducted from the household funds when the check is sent, right? Would you want to keep that and reverse it, so that the person filling out the check gets money? Or just have the mod do nothing, and have your sims use the regular Checkbook to send money later? Then, when playing the sim to whom the bill was sent, the money would need to deduct money from household funds, or yes, be negative. Or maybe you can look at another mod to see how the bill can get added to the household's bills or show up in the mail.

I'm thinking the simplest thing might be to have the money added to the "Biller" right away (so make it add funds instead of deduct funds) and make the Check that gets sent be negative... But if you're going to do that I'm not sure why you need a whole new mod in the first place. Seems to me it'd just be easier to send the correct payment from the Payer to the Biller.

Because of that, I still think that Monique's Automatic Payment Mod would be a better way to go (reading over the instructions again, you can set up the payment from the Biller sim, called "PAYEE" in Monique's mod, to the Payers). Or maybe another money mod if you only want a one-time payment. Your request doesn't make much sense to me--I'm guessing that the billing part of the transaction is super integral to how you play? That you want sims to do the act of filling out an invoice and sending it to someone? If that's the case, then yeah, you'll probably need a new mod. Most money mods I've seen tend to skip the billing part and go straight to the payment part. Which is kinda what Monique's mod does. Once set up, it does an automatic deduction from household funds.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Top Secret Researcher
#14387 Old Today at 7:10 AM
Great minds think alike! After what you described, lientebollemeis, I was thinking what you needed was like a reverse Simwardrobe Checkbook. I don't see why it couldn't be done. What are the steps in using the Checkbook--cuz you'd need to reverse that. So first you have your sim fill out the checkbook and select a recipient. That all stays the same. But I believe the next thing is that the money gets deducted from the household funds when the check is sent, right? Would you want to keep that and reverse it, so that the person filling out the check gets money? Or just have the mod do nothing, and have your sims use the regular Checkbook to send money later? Then, when playing the sim to whom the bill was sent, the money would need to deduct money from household funds, or yes, be negative. Or maybe you can look at another mod to see how the bill can get added to the household's bills or show up in the mail.

I'm thinking the simplest thing might be to have the money added to the "Biller" right away (so make it add funds instead of deduct funds) and make the Check that gets sent be negative... But if you're going to do that I'm not sure why you need a whole new mod in the first place. Seems to me it'd just be easier to send the correct payment from the Payer to the Biller.

Because of that, I still think that Monique's Automatic Payment Mod would be a better way to go (reading over the instructions again, you can set up the payment from the Biller sim, called "PAYEE" in Monique's mod, to the Payers). Or maybe another money mod if you only want a one-time payment. Your request doesn't make much sense to me--I'm guessing that the billing part of the transaction is super integral to how you play? That you want sims to do the act of filling out an invoice and sending it to someone? If that's the case, then yeah, you'll probably need a new mod. Most money mods I've seen tend to skip the billing part and go straight to the payment part. Which is kinda what Monique's mod does. Once set up, it does an automatic deduction from household funds.

Thanks for the whole explanation. The billing part (invoice) is indeed how I want to play. So I guess I need a whole new mod then.

Page 576 of 576