Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 2:59 PM
Default Names for sims (first and last)!
What are your favourite names that you tend to use a lot in your game? What are the names of your favourite families, and your legacy family? Do you have any cute themes that you use?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 3:06 PM
I'm currently only playing one family and it's The Hamiltons

Julian Hamilton
Melinda Hamilton
Oliver Hamilton (Child, 3 days away from being a Teen)
Dominique Hamilton (Child Boy)

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#3 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 3:27 PM
I just got done answering this question in another thread. LOL
I'll just post a link. :D
http://forums.sims2community.com/sh...59&postcount=84
Test Subject
#4 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 3:50 PM
I try to combine the names of the mother and father in the child's first name. As an example, the son of Adam and Eve might be Ava, and their son might be Ed. I end up with some strange names that way, but it helps me keep track of who's related to whom when I run into great-great-grand uncles on community lots and don't recognize them. When I create a sim from scratch, I generally have their name mean something, like "A. Lazy Slacker" when I create a totally unmotivated slug, etc. When pairing sims off, I make sure the one with the better surname does the proposing/marrying, so their surname is handed down to the next generation.
Stupid people are stupid
#5 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 4:02 PM
My main family:

Liam Benedict (diseased) his daughter:
Chelsae Lucardi is married to
Giovanni Lucradi they have a son
Saul.

Liams sister:

Mackenzie DiMeo is married to
Chad Chun they have two kids
Chad Jr. and
Rose

Stefan DiMeo is Mackenzie former husband but cheated on his wife with
Helena Sash who lives with her sister
Anna-Renate (named after a person in a book)

Other personalities in my neighbourhood:

Ramina Chun is the sister of Chad
Paulina Bloomsbury is the older sister of Liam and Mackenzies mother
Morgan Bloomsbury is Paulinas niece

Naom Galac is an (created) alien and lives with his sister
Xnoge Galac

Nomur Benedict is a half brother of Paulina
Zaraah is his twin sister.
Instructor
#6 Old 17th Jun 2007 at 11:01 PM
I try to have unique names in my game, but nothing that's just completely odd or impossible to even imagine pronouncing. I get names from online random generators, books, TV, anywhere I can. Some of my favorite names..:

Britanne Anagene
Bridgette Madoc Bill
Alice Montebeliard
Amadeo Montebeliard
Olecranon Talus (Anatomy book is a fun place to get names, )
Burke Caprice

There's a lot more, but, yeah. ^^

waiter, there's a conundrum in my soup
The Adom Legacy
Forum Resident
#7 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 3:07 AM
lol i actually have an old baby book that i use a lot and I use stuff from whatever I'm watching on TV at the time...

My fave right now is The Tudors: Henry, Anne and baby Elizabeth (can anyone guess what thats from? :D)

I also have Hendrikson and Grant families from the HBO series "Big Love". In the past I've had familys with names from Law & Order: SVU and Judging Amy... My favorite people names at the moment are Lilly and Roman...

~*I'm a she*~
The Booty calls to you, you cannot resist it
I use Target and Kodak Gallery for my pictures, you should too... :D
My MTS2|Livejournal|Yearbook|Facebook
Field Researcher
#8 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 3:52 AM
Favorite names for Males:
Ovid
Frederick
Alexander
Joshua
Laszlo
Dennis
Felix

Favorite names for Females
Sylvia
Darla
Luvia
Magdalena
Jillian
Sasha

Favorite last names
Bellini
Delancy
Starkweather
Burgess
Scholar
#9 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:11 AM
I can get really random with my names. Sometimes if it's something specific, I'll look up names in a baby book, or online.

For Example, I named my Black Widow Challenge sim Lucrezia Borgia. She has had three daughters so far, Leonara, Isabelle and Giovanna, who are all name after other members of the Borgia family.

For my Legacy family, I did The odyssey/iliad names.
Founder was Helen.
She had two kids, son Paris and daughter Andromache.
Andromache has one son named hector and is pregnant again.
Paris had two daughters, Cassandra and Briseas.
Briseas has three children so far, daughter Thetis, and twin sons Agamemnon and Menelaus.

Other names I just like are:

Girls:
Illona
Elizabeth
Annabelle
Li-Mei
Alexandria

Boys:
Alexander
Cale
Ryuuen

You can call me Robyn, tis my name after all
SixWordStories
#10 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:27 AM
The names i'm using waaaay too much at the moment?

Amaryllis, Ky & Zane.
retired moderator
#11 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 4:28 AM
Legacy Family Names
Wentworth
James

Favorite Family Names
DeLaney
Ramón
Cañizares
de la Pica García
Hollister
Cooper
Honey

Favorite First Names
Dylan
Rylan
Trey
Blake
Kedren
Kaide
Cole
Nicholas/Nicky
Eric
Avery
Addison

Lauren
Kristin
Lucy
Elle
Kaley
Addison
Laura
Grace/Gracie
Rose/Rosa

Cute Names
  • The Honey Family - I made a family when I purchased OFB called "Honey" with father Shane and mother Gracie. Shane Honey opened up a Toy Store home business appropriately named "Honey Pot Toys." I think thats the cutest thing Ive ever come up with.
  • The Samsung Family - Its not THAT cute, but I named a male Sim of mine Sam Samsung who owned a tech store (Samsung is a cell phone brand). I thought it was clever in a non-clever sort of way. Get it? Yeah me either...
  • The Kilo Family - Khai Kilo (male)was the founder of my first ever Poverty Challenge. I just think its a cute name.
  • Hawaiian Names - Among others, I use Khai, Kamalei and Lilo for Sims of a Hawaiian culture.

Formerly known as boolPropped
#12 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:04 AM
For some reason my most favorite and most used last name I use is Jerem, I just kinda made it up, and my favorite name for it is Keith and Jen :D
Moderator of Extreme Limericks
#13 Old 18th Jun 2007 at 5:29 AM
I try to pick names that aren't overly common, because I can only handle so many Mikes and Matts and it sort of unnerves me to have too many Sims that share the names of people I know well. That isn't to say that I don't use common names, but that I try not to overuse them. In other words, I'm just rambling pointlessly right now and telling you in a roundabout way that I pick whatever names I darn well please. :D

I currently have a Diamanda in my game, and I think I have a Tobias somewhere too. I also have a line of sims that I always name Roxanne Goldberry, in honor of a my favorite Sim from my TS1 days. I also like the names Nate and Keith, because they're normal sounding without being generic.

As far as last names go... I try to use variety, but I'm kind of partial to expensive sounding names. I have both a Van Helsing family and a Van Heusen family. I also like to make up last names that describe the Sim that I'm making... I have a permanent bachelor, for example, whose last name is Freebird.

*sigh* I'm so redundant sometimes.

There's always money in the banana stand.
Field Researcher
#14 Old 19th Jun 2007 at 5:25 AM
I have very average names. I swear, I have at least 6 Lily Browne's in my game! Here are some of my common ones.

Skye Redding
Lily Browne
Stephie Browne
Lucas Redding
*insert random name here* Redding or Browne
Danie (girl) Haver

I have alot, but they are all similer. My favorite name is Lily.

potterhead
call me bria
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 21st Jun 2007 at 7:49 PM
My favorite female sims right now are:
Riley Dobbins
Frankie Lothario
Charlie Stone
Polly Prince
Norma Dobbins
C.J. Washington
Stevie Warner

And my favorite guy sims:
Memphis Monroe
Carmello Lothario
Remmington Harris (yes, the male maid; with a makeover he's a hot sim!)
Nolan Lothario
Ryan Lothario (Nolan & Ryan were twins)
Jack Washington

There's a lot more, but I can't think of them right now.
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:37 PM
Most of my Sims (my favorite Sims) are based on role-play characters of mine or of my friends, so yes, the names are slightly...odd?

Some last names
Stoneheart
Valcross
Lieb
DeLuc
Sonata

Female Names
Takryn
Tyria
Katlah
Sophia
Caranfin
Amara
Sheris
Celasia
Solari
Kato
Ursula
Ara
...and so on.

Male Names
Tatic
Dante
Xarius
Drake
Lucian
Kristof
Hadyn
Hadrian
Lyall
Tyrant
...and so on again.

With some families I go with themes, for example, my couple Dante and Sheris, name their children after angels (Gabriel, Michael, etc). My alien children are named after planets, stars or constellations (Orion, Saturn, etc) and the children who are the by-product of Grimmy are named after gods of death, figures and even places in the Underworld(s) (Charon, Hades, Styx, etc).

"I am a fly in the ointment, I am a whisper in the shadows. I am also an old, old woman. More than that you need not know."
Field Researcher
#17 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 5:42 PM
I love names began with Ana like Ana-Maria or Ana-Lucia etc.
I love Addison,Meredith,Kate and Leann names for female sims.
But i always use Russian,Greek or Turkish names for my male sims :D.
#18 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:13 PM
The family I'm playing right now are the Monroes. The parents are Cameron and Angela and they have two teenage daughters named Laura and Faith. I don't use the same names over, I mostly just create new ones everytime.
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 7:28 PM
I have two ways of naming sims. The serious way is to look at the telephone book on my desk and find a nice name that suits their looks and personality. My favorite serious names are Peter, David, Tom, Will...old fashioned names for the boys. I like naming girls more unusual things, like Adele, Claudia, Aasima, Stevie, etc.
The other method is to put together random verbs. For instance, I'm playing a black widow right now named Doormat Hallelujah, and her daughters are named Pepperpot and Cable. My favorite family with stupid names is the X family. The mother and father are Exultation and Rumination, and their son and daughter are Clarification and Tribulation.

*counter culture since '03 and counting*

"LMAO wtf r u syaing?!!1!"
The above sentence is not english. I only understand english. Thank you.
Test Subject
#20 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 8:34 PM
Names I have used...

Boy's:
Mike
Robert
David
Mark
Kaden
Cameron
Craig
Nathen
Gabriel
Isaac
Philip

Girls:
Cathrine
Amy
Brooke
Janie
Emma
Olivia
Hailey
Michaella
Taylor
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 9:56 PM
I usually give my sims plain names like Michael, David, Joseph for the boys and Michelle, Anne, and Mona for the girls. Their last names are plain too like Johnson.
Lab Assistant
#22 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:06 PM
Girls

Grace
Annika
Jane
Ruth
Mary
Nana
Marthe
Berthe
Louise
Astrid
Katelijne
Shania
Laura
Maureen
Flo
Melanie
Hazel
Diane
Mabelie

Boys

Jacob
Maurice
Gust
Lander
Klaas
Hunne
Björn
Obi
Memphis
Elvis
Emeric
Michael
Peter
Kenji
Fred
Romeo
Hugh
Moris
Maan
Miles
Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Jun 2007 at 10:08 PM
I'm trying my hand at a legacy at the moment, so I'm naming my sims in alphabetical order to keep track of the generations.

Legacy Founder Ava Legacy, married to Manuel (townie)
Three daughters named Blossom, Brianna and Bryony, Blossom has twin boys with Darren Cho who she met at uni, Caleb and Connor.

I know i'm only up to gen 3 but I have lots of names in store for future generations i.e Daisy, Damon, Elen, Ethan, Fern, Freddy, Grace, Garret, Harriet, Henry, Isaac, Isabel, Jason and Jodi.

Yarr!

Sweet dreams are made of this
Top Secret Researcher
#24 Old 23rd Jun 2007 at 6:17 AM
So far, all the names I've used on my sims are:
Women:
Yvonne
Alicia
Lani
Denise
Suzie
Jennifer
Hannah
Mary Mack (seriously)
Sheila
Princess
Diane
Beatrice
Katrina
Dylan
Gretchen
Samantha
Frankie
Mary
Martha
Mona
Lisa

Men:
Sam
Owen
Patrick
Shawn
Adam
Phil
Mark
Mac
Phyllis
Jonathan
Shaman
Larry
Harry
Jimmy

Last Names (And some pretty weird ones):
Drizz
Verne
Euphoria
Tyrone
Freeling
Green
Dutch
Magdalene
Lawton
Agatha
Mardi
#25 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 3:26 AM
My favorite family is the SUNG family.
The dad is Jeremy Sung. The mom is Carii Sung. The kids are Daria and Ivey. Ivey`s a boy. Daria and Ivey are both kids at the moment. They have an older sister named Sharie. She got married to Orlando Centowski [[they met at college. Ha]] and they have one child : Lisette! She`s a toddler.
Fortunately Sharie`s little family live separate. Jeremy hates Orlando.

Umm... my favorite names are usually Continents/Countries, since my name is one! [[India]]. The ones I use the most are Africa, Asia, India, && Aussie. If its a big family I just use the Family Creator from MikeInside.
Page 1 of 33