Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 7:41 PM Last edited by SayanAmanda : 16th Dec 2013 at 8:32 PM.
Default Game launcher not working so I can't run S2 fun with pets disk. solved
I can't seem to find a specific "help" section for MTS I just end up here http://www.modthesims.info/wiki.php...ing%20Launcher# which brings me to my problem. I have all the games installed and the disc I use to play is "The Sims 2 Fun with pets". When I get ready to launch my game it keeps saying "The launcher has stopped responding".

it lists instructions for bypassing the launcher...my only problem is that with everything installed my game uses the "Fun with pets" edition so when the instructions say

Replace "Sims2Launcher.exe" with "Sims2EP6.exe" for Bon Voyage or "Sims2EP7.exe" for FT, and press OK.

I can't do that since the target for my disk is

"C:\Program Files (x86)\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Fun with Pets Collection\SP9\TSBin\Sims2Launcher.exe"

when I type in SP 9 it's not recognized. Can someone please tell me what I can do in order to start my game?
Advertisement
Instructor
#2 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 7:49 PM
You need to type in "Sims2EP9" instead of "SP", because the game treats the Mansion and Garden pack like a mini expansion and not a stuffpack.

And BTW here is the help forum so you know next time
http://www.modthesims.info/forumdisplay.php?f=31

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 8:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator
You need to type in "Sims2EP9" instead of "SP", because the game treats the Mansion and Garden pack like a mini expansion and not a stuffpack.

Thank you so very much! It worked :D
Top Secret Researcher
#4 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 9:29 PM
Let's be clear - the game treats Mansion & Garden as a FULL expansion pack. Sure, the cover says "Stuff pack" and EAxis says it's a stuff pack, but in reality, it is an expansion pack.
Mad Poster
#5 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 9:57 PM
There was a whole thread about this back in August. EA broke the launcher by putting something on the web page that the launcher is tied to, that the launcher couldn't show. Then, towards the end of August they fixed it. But a few weeks ago they broke it again. It's stupidity on their part because it must cost them real money in answering support calls from people whose games won't start. And, if they have one copy of TS2 at EA, they could test it and get it right!

Anyway, there are a couple of ways to start the game still using the Launcher. The simplest, which I do all the time, is just to click on the big Play button (if necessary several times) as soon the Launcher appears. That way it doesn't have enough time to get to the bit that causes the problem. Alternatively you can disconnect from the Internet before starting the Launcher. If the Launcher can't connect to the Internet, it just displays the top part of the Launcher, so you just click on the Play button as normal.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 16th Dec 2013 at 10:56 PM
EAxis doesn't really care about The Sims 2 anymore. Sooner or later, they will instruct their call center operators to simply "Hang up on whoever asks for Sims 2 Technical Support". Then they'll delete every single reference to The Sims 2 from their website. If EA has a copy of The Sims 2 (which, judging by how much they care about the game, I'm assuming no), it'll be filed into the trash if it hasn't already. Soon they'll just stop selling the game completely, unless Amazon or GoG somehow finds a way to keep the inventory moving. It's sad to see EA try to destroy the game that held the position for "Best Selling PC Game of All Time" with over 20 million copies sold and let's face it - they made tons of money off it! It's good to know that there are a large group of people that still hold onto The Sims 2.

Seeing that Christmas is coming up, I hope Santa gives each EA employee a lump of coal.
Top Secret Researcher
#7 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 12:14 AM
I was wondering why it wasn't working but i've just been using the program files(86) etc. work around. Nice to know it's not something I did to it.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#8 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Legislacerator

This may be a dumb question, but does this method work for double deluxe too? I have all the eps & sps but have read a few comments that dd buggers a few things up (not from my experience but hey)
Instructor
#9 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetbaby160
This may be a dumb question, but does this method work for double deluxe too? I have all the eps & sps but have read a few comments that dd buggers a few things up (not from my experience but hey)

If your latest ep is Mansion and Garden then yes it should work, doesn't matter if you have double deluxe or not as far as I'm aware of.

my tumblr - sim pics and downloads
my dreamwidth - ts2 downloads
linkdecrypter - bypass adfly and other harmful pay per click download link hiders
Scholar
#10 Old 17th Dec 2013 at 2:48 AM
Thank you kindly
Top Secret Researcher
#11 Old 18th Dec 2013 at 11:21 PM
If you only have the multiple disk versions of Sims 2, Uni, Nightlife, and Seasons loaded, this shouldn't be a problem at all, right? Because there is no launcher in the first place, right. (I *think* I can get this combo to work on Windows 8. Maybe.)
Mad Poster
#12 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 1:49 AM
Funny, I had the same problem. Oddly, the problem was fixed by clearing out the cache files. I clean them out almost every time I play, but for some reason when I cleaned them out again, the game loaded.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 19th Dec 2013 at 5:41 AM
What are all the cache files that should be cleared out? I don't mind the work around at all I just want my game to be as happy as it can be lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Instructor
#15 Old 18th May 2015 at 9:55 PM
Thank you so much. Changing thr file name to Sims2EP9 worked great!