Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 12:36 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 9th Jul 2019 at 9:35 PM.
Default Stupid/Random Questions V4
Recreating since v3 was at 1000 pages!

This thread is for:
  • Silly, quick little questions about the game that don't need their own whole threads.

• Things you're wondering about gameplay that you think you should know despite having played the game quite a while.

• Little things you're curious about, gameplay-wise.

That's what this thread is for. Ask all your silly stupid questions here.

This thread is not for:
  • Technical help. If you are having trouble with your game, please read the FAQs in MTS2's Game Help section and post in the Game Help forums if you are having issues. More likely than not, any answers to technical questions you might ask here would be -wrong- and will not help you fix your issue in the best way possible.

• Custom content issues. If you need help with installing custom content, getting custom content to show up, or finding problem custom content, see here: Game Help: Custom Content.

• Where can I find/does this content exist? If you are looking for certain custom content, even if you're not sure anyone's made it, please ask in our Where Can I Find? forum instead of here.

• Questions about specific hacks/custom content. Individual creators support their own work. If you have a question about InTEENimater or InSIMenator, ask on the InTEEN or InSIM forums. If you have a question about how a particular piece of content works, ask its creator in the thread.

• Creation questions. Please use MTS2's Create Section where there are extensive tutorials as well as forums where you can ask questions on all aspects of creating custom content.

Helpful Tips:

Your question may already be answered. Here's some helpful tips/links for you, so you may not need to ask.

(Thanks to _ani for the original thread and HP for thread v3!)

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:14 PM
I'll ask again since Delphy is doing clean up And yay shiny new thread!

Am I the only one who makes former townies related to those with the same name?
Mad Poster
#3 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 1:58 PM
Ivy and Ivy Copur Made them sisters once.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 2:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by WildIrishBanshee
Am I the only one who makes former townies related to those with the same name?

In my hood I planned on having Sarah Love from La Fiesta Tech and the NPC police woman Demi Love as sisters. Sarah had twins in college and couldn't raise them, so I was planning on making Demi playable and raising them, but I never got round to it - so Demi is still an unrelated NPC.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Mad Poster
#5 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 2:12 PM
I just always assumed they were related. I don't do anything about it because I don't mess with Sim PE or whatever it's called. It's scary and it frightens me.

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Mad Poster
#6 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 2:34 PM
I usually use the Simblender to set family ties, but I've noticed it doesn't seem to show up in the family tree unless you set parents too. Not sure if that's a problem for everyone or just me, because I haven't seen anyone else complain about it.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#7 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:31 PM
What's the difference between Ramen and Cup O Ramen?

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 3:35 PM
Sim blender. I don't really know how to open SimPE

Ramen and Cup O Ramen - good question
Top Secret Researcher
#9 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 4:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
What's the difference between Ramen and Cup O Ramen?

Maybe sims have generic versions of their food too Just kidding.
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 5:16 PM
Ramen comes in a rectangular packet. You put it in a bowl, break up the solidified plastic noodles, sprinkle the salty meat-sort-of-flavored chemical packet over them, mix with water, and heat.

Cup O' Ramen is a tall styrofoam cup with the plastic noodles and chemicals already mixed up. All you have to do is add the water and microwave.

I ate Ramen a few times in my extreme poverty days and I'm here to tell you - it's not worth it.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#11 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 5:21 PM
I guess it is similar to what we call two-minute noodles and cup-of-noodles here.
Mad Poster
#12 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 7:58 PM
Quick question: Does anyone else use moveobjects on to stick the batbox under house foundations?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 8:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ihatemandatoryregister
Quick question: Does anyone else use moveobjects on to stick the batbox under house foundations?

I do, when I don't stick it in the space beneath the roof or under a deck. I hide other objects there, too, though I do sometimes use visitor controller and sim blender as decor or garden shrubs.
Mad Poster
#14 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 8:41 PM
Somewhere I saw a hack what transformed batbox into nice vase, so you don't need to hide it anymore.
Field Researcher
#15 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 8:48 PM
I thought Ramen were the horsey people in the Thomas Covenant chronicles by Stephen Donaldson. What Peni describes sounds more like what we Brits call a Pot Noodle.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#16 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:09 PM
Here in Austrlia we call that 2 minute noodles.

Yes I always hide the bat box under foundation or if there is none in a bush or if it's a very tiny 1 by 1 with no space, under a bed. Pescado knows how to mod, not how to make things look pretty.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Theorist
#17 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:16 PM
I wish it was a paintin I could stick on the wall so then I'd never see it cuz most times I play with walls down.
Mad Poster
#18 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by joandsarah77
Here in Austrlia we call that 2 minute noodles.

Yes I always hide the bat box under foundation or if there is none in a bush or if it's a very tiny 1 by 1 with no space, under a bed. Pescado knows how to mod, not how to make things look pretty.

you know he made it that way on purpose just to be silly, so we'd forever have this weird thing in all our houses

"Fear not little flock, for it hath pleased your Father to give you a kingdom". Luke 12:32 Chris Hatch's family friendly files archived on SFS: http://www.modthesims.info/showthread.php?t=603534 . Bulbizarre's website: https://archiveofourown.org/users/C...CoveredPortals/
Theorist
#19 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:21 PM
Sounds 'bout right ... lol. However, it does hide well, either as some said under the foundation or if you don't use much of that the attic words too :D
Mad Poster
#20 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:23 PM
It's only a buck. I buy it when I need it and delete it when I'm done using it. Except sometimes I may stick it in a foundation when I'm doing development in a shareable neighborhood and don't want to be messing with it constantly. Then it's mostly a matter of keeping it out of the way of pictures I'm taking for the storytelling folder. Same with the Tombstone of L&D - I spawn it once and put it somewhere inobvious, then take it out again when I'm doing the final clean sweep before sharing.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Scholar
#21 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:38 PM
You don't put a Pot Noodle in the microwave! Unless I read that post wrong...

Anyway, back on topic we go!

The drop off has been made. You've been warned.
Forum Resident
#22 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 9:48 PM
I started keeping batbox on all my lots after I needed it once to reenable controls and didn't have it on the lot - build/buy mode failed to become accessible again after a fire so I couldn't just buy it when needed.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 10:00 PM Last edited by Annaminna : 10th Mar 2016 at 10:16 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by Kankritty
You don't put a Pot Noodle in the microwave! Unless I read that post wrong...

Anyway, back on topic we go!

We call it fast noodles and when I make it, I will just add hot water. But if it's done and cold already I might put it to microwave just to warm up.

Batbox changing tutorial: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/s...07615#msg307615
Mad Poster
#24 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 10:43 PM
The batbox does not bother me too much - I just put it at the back somewhere. It is like a street light in town - it has to be there.
Mad Poster
#25 Old 10th Mar 2016 at 11:02 PM
I prefer to stick it under foundations because it kind of breaks immersion (that's not the exact word I wanted, but it's the closest to what I mean) for every family to have the exact same vase/flowerpot/something somewhere in their house.
Page 1 of 1335