Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Sep 2019 at 11:33 PM
Default Sim World Problems
I didn't think this exactly fit into the other common threads, so I created a new one.

This is a based on the notion of First World problems.

I have finally figured out the perfect combination of mods and playstyle to prevent all my Sims from having way too much money all the time.
Result: I am frustrated that I don't have the cash to decorate to a level I was never into before.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#2 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 12:41 AM
Oh, I didn't see this post! Something similar happened to me. I had the typical problem of my sims having too much money, especially my poorer sims. My old Broke family was loaded, just because so many sims were working in that household. And their bills were basically nothing--like $100-200, max.

So I installed some mods to make the maxis jobs pay less wages as well as a higher bills mod. But it didn't really help my lower class sims because, though their bills were high for a while, they eventually went back down because they didn't buy anything. Meanwhile my richer sims were too poor--I couldn't finish renovating their houses and buy them nice things!

So yeah, sometimes you have to give your sims a decorating tax break. What I'm also doing, as I go through my downloads folder, is repricing my clutter. That way my sims homes can get the look they want without breaking the bank. I'll introduce other means to keep my sims from having too much money, like charging fees and taxes. My sims have to pay a hefty college tuition fee, for example. I also make them use cars and have a mod that makes it so that cars cost money to drive. This lets me use my cc cars, requires all my sim households to make a relatively expensive purchase, and introduces another regular bill/expense. I'll probably get back around to higher bills and modding wages, but after I let my current sims build up some wealth first.

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
#3 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 4:59 PM
Ugh! I met my lifetime want and now my plumbob is SO platinum - it's just constantly dazzling prisms of light above my head, everywhere I go AND I had such a good week! It sucks having nothing to complain about!
Mad Poster
#4 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 7:59 PM
TFW you never have to buy groceries because you have 500+ fresh food points in the fridge...
Theorist
#5 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 8:42 PM
I'm hardly out of Uni, haven't any chance to even work on my LTW and I already reach Perma Plat because my stupid Lifetime Aspiration Bar maxed out

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Top Secret Researcher
#6 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 9:00 PM
I have the money, building permits, and construction crew all ready to add a room to my house--but there are butterflies in the way!

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#7 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 9:04 PM
I completed two LTWs as a teen and now what am I supposed to do with the rest of my life?

Fortune sim: I'm running out of paintings to buy. I've bought one of everything that suits my decor, and I want more. I've run out of floor space for sculptures and now need to move to a bigger lot so I can buy more.
Top Secret Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:04 PM
And don't forget: I want more ceiling fans, but I've already got two in every room in the house.

I've got one or two things on MTS, but most of my stuff is on my main site here:
http://simcessories.blogspot.com/
(Now recruiting budding creators.)
Mad Poster
#9 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:13 PM
I've run out of people to meet and woohoo with!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Mad Poster
#10 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:28 PM
I want 30 Best Friends but there aren't that many people in the hood. In addition to all of my playable neighbors, I'm already Best Friends with the Mail Carrier, Paper Carrier, three Hobby Mavens, both High Witches, and a Barista. My hood doesn't even have a Downtown, so there is no Grand Vampire and so far no one's been robbed so there is no Burglar or Police officer. And no one's had a fire, so no Firefighter. Guess I need to take up a new hobby (or 5) to force the rest of the mavens to spawn. Also, this hood needs and actual bar (for a Bartender!) and a restaurant (I could befriend the Waiter!). Maybe my neighbors should have more kids...
Mad Poster
#11 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 10:50 PM
I've maxed out my hobby enthusiasm-now all I ever want to do is that hobby and be in the 'zone' all the time!

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Mad Poster
#12 Old 22nd Sep 2019 at 11:06 PM
I maxed out all skills as a toddler. Now what am I supposed to do with the rest of my life?
Forum Resident
#13 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 12:29 AM
If I don't get into the bathroom soon, I'm seriously going to pee myself. Whatever will I do? There's a plate in the way!

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Mad Poster
#14 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 1:03 AM
Don't forget: I can't feed my bird because there's a hobby magazine on the floor. That I put there.
Theorist
#15 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 1:34 AM
I put up a tip jar while playing piano while alone at home. I played for four hours and there's still no money in it :-(

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Instructor
#16 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 2:42 AM
There's something on the ground in my way. Should I just step over it like I easily could? Nah, I'm gonna point at the ground and yell at the sky.
Mad Poster
#17 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 2:43 AM
I never forget to put out the tip jar while playing on an expensive Stradivarius at home or elsewhere. Someone has to pay for it! Why not you?

Mad Poster
#18 Old 23rd Sep 2019 at 5:43 AM
I have so many custom foods, it takes a long time to look through my fridge menus and it's hard to decide what to make out of all these options!
Forum Resident
#19 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 5:13 PM
Y'know, I've been meaning to talk to...oh good, he's right here on this lot! Sure, he's on a date, but they're even seated already. That's perfect, because it means I know right where they'll be for a while---I'll just stand here next to their table until he notices m...oh, hey, they've ordered food! That'll take the edge off nicely while I wait for him to stop caressing her hand and whatever. They must not be too hungry if they wanted to do that before taking any bites. Come on, you lovely Nectarine Tartlette...we can get acquainted at this handy empty table over here! Just because others are paying to eat doesn't mean I can't swipe a table to eat this swiped food. *Shovels food in, chews a little* Mmm, that's hitting the spot. Y'know, that sim and I have never formally been introduced, but I'm sure we'll have the best Met Sim experience ever!

*Ongoing TS2 informational projects (come on by to contribute, get info, or spectate!): (1) the SimPE Preservation Project and (2) Conflict Tracking for the 3t2 Traits Project Mods
*Need a Pescado mod? Use his hack directory: in the first post, find the link for your latest EP, then go in hacks/
Field Researcher
#20 Old 24th Sep 2019 at 7:28 PM
I want to go down the stairs but my stupid brother got on the stairs first... What should I do? That's right. I'll stop and yell to my "watcher"... OK! My brother left the stairs, so I'm finally going down. The school bus is outside so we've got to hurry. My stupid brother goes so slowly, should I make a little step beside him and get in front of him? Nah!!! I'll yell to my "watcher" again! Why did he stop now? Ah! There's a neighbour in front of us. All the time, neighbours think that the path that connects the pavement with our front door is the right way to go so they come in front of our front door. Gaaah! That neighbour-lady just stands there looking at the sky and huffing, my brother is standing in front of me and we are already late for the bus. Should we make a little step beside the neighbour-lady and get on the bus? Nah! We'll just stand there all of us looking like idiots! Oops! The bus is gone. Now the neighbor-lady decided to leave too. Yes! No school today and it's snowing so me and my brother we'll make a snowman! What?? Noooo!! Our "watcher" ordered us to "walk to school". Darn it! It's so cold! We should have made that little step on the side and get in the bus. That's what I'll tell my brother when I finish yelling at his back...
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 1:02 PM
I secretly used my mother's telescope and I got abducted and impregnated by aliens. How on earth to I explain to her that I touched her telescope and she going to be Grandma to a green baby?
Forum Resident
#22 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 8:19 PM
No, no, no! You cannot keep that whopping bonus from work. You're supposed to be poor! This is supposed to be a challenge, that's why I made you a grouchy, lazy slob with only $100 to your name. That's why you have lower wages and bigger bills. How did someone that sleeps on the floor, rarely bathes, and uses the bathroom outside in the bushes get a bonus anyway???
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#23 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 11:53 PM
You are a singularly unattractive sim. Thankfully you aren't particularly interested in kids, so we'll prevent those genetics from spreading...wait, did I hear charms? Pregnancy by risky woohoo!! Nooooooo...
It's time for the birth - did we just get natural quadruplets? Ugly genes for everyone!
Mad Poster
#24 Old 26th Sep 2019 at 11:59 PM
My own sim world problem, as a sim player: I always get so many twins. Every time I bring this up, people tell me how jealous they are and how they wish they could get twins but can't. Well, I wish I could get less twins!! And yet I just get them. Even in TS3 I got twins as the result of my very first pregnancy. And if I'd played TS4 long enough to ever get a sim pregnant, I'm sure it would have resulted in twins. Somehow I never got twins while playing TSM...were twins even possible in TSM? They probably weren't, or I would have got them
Mad Poster
#25 Old 27th Sep 2019 at 12:07 AM
Twins always strike whenever it's least convenient for there to be twins.
Page 1 of 5