Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
#101 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 4:36 AM
I just want to have 10 babies, is that too much to ask for?

Call me Seth!
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#102 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 5:06 AM
I wish I could accept the pizza delivery, but I just can't figure out how to walk outside!
Forum Resident
#103 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 5:14 AM
I don't think my aspiration points are accumulating properly. I'm sure I've talked, told jokes, flirted, etc enough over all my years of living to have the required 3000 aspiration points but I've searched online catalogs and local lawn and garden shops and I can't find that darned money tree available anywhere.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#104 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 11:17 AM
I am Sim Sample. I live in a great house in the better part of town. I have reached two lifetime wants and am permaplat. I have [censored] everyone in town and they all love me. I have a fast car, an android who likes PVC and am so wealthy I have a maid and gardener. I have so much money, I have friends over every day for hot-tub parties and some even take holidays with me in the beautiful holiay home that @AndrewGloria built for me. What a life, I am so happy! I have drunk the Elixir of Life twice now, and am still the best looking and most fashionably dresses sim in the whole of the district.

I have no problems at all, I just posted here so that all you other sims could hear about my fabulous life!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#105 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
I am Sim Sample. I live in a great house in the better part of town. I have reached two lifetime wants and am permaplat. I have [censored] everyone in town and they all love me. I have a fast car, an android who likes PVC and am so wealthy I have a maid and gardener. I have so much money, I have friends over every day for hot-tub parties and some even take holidays with me in the beautiful holiay home that @AndrewGloria built for me. What a life, I am so happy! I have drunk the Elixir of Life twice now, and am still the best looking and most fashionably dresses sim in the whole of the district.

I have no problems at all, I just posted here so that all you other sims could hear about my fabulous life!

Showoff!

And your cousin is named Landgraab, right?

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#106 Old 29th Apr 2021 at 3:48 PM
He has intimate friends in the Nouveau-Riche family (the 'Landgraabs' of my neighbourhood), so who knows? It's really, really hard to keep sims poor in this game unless you have mods! Sim Sample doesn't exactly deserve any good fortune!
Mad Poster
#107 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 6:33 PM
I'm Eli Jankowsky who's arrived very recently in the US with my hisband Ami in the summer of 1819 and we both want mich better than living in tenement apartments and forever struggling to get by and make end meet for ourselves and our future kids.We've decided to head out west and take on a homestead claim out in the Dakota territory starting out a new township.This is the only way we could ever have any hope of owning our own home and having a decent future for our kids.
Forum Resident
#108 Old 30th Apr 2021 at 6:53 PM
"It happened again. My mother's missing again, my brother went back to being a child, my father's still alive, and tomorrow is my wedding to a man who will most likely leave me at the altar. When I finally get used to my new life, everything seems to get reset into the same status quo. It's as if some being on a higher plane is deriving enjoyment from having me repeat my life over and over again. Sometimes weird changes happen. Sometimes my goddaughters have black hair instead of red. Sometimes my mother is at our house again. But it never lasts too long. When will this groundhog day end?"

- excerpt from one Cassandra Goth's diary
Mad Poster
#109 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 1:58 AM
^ Sure you don't have a problem with CC/mods in your game? Sounds like a mod conflict to me.

My sims tend to leave their homework on the nearest table/desk, or outside on the ground. I have them click on it, and "do homework". They do it. Never had an issue with them not wanting to do homework or the interaction going away (although the interaction for adults to help kids with homework will sometimes go away for the parent/kid if they get distracted with another interaction - not too much of an issue with free will off, though).
Alchemist
#110 Old 22nd Oct 2021 at 2:03 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if someone made a mod that restricted the "do homework" option to Sims who were taught to study. I'd second looking through your downloads.
Mad Poster
#111 Old 24th Oct 2021 at 12:32 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Aspersim
Does anyone ever run across the "Do Homework" menu action not available?

19 Chorus Court
Veronaville

23rd October 2021

Hi Everyone!

The convention in this thread used to be that it was Sims, not Simmers, who posted here, so I'll try to put the thread back on track. Anyway my player is too tired to post today.

This is the first time I've posted from this address, and it still feels a little funny writing that, as I used to think of it as Andrew's address, but of course, since I married him last year, I've been living here.

Anyway it's time I got to today's subject, which is homework. Now I have to admit that I used to have a bit of a problem with homework. My problem is that I wasn't doing it. It was there for me to do, but I didn't do it. The truth is I went of the rails a bit. I had that run-in with the Fire Brigade, when they fined me for making a hoax call, though the house really was on fire and I was very concerned for my dad. I really hated that fireman for a while. At the same time I met Andrew and fell madly in love with him. So I had to come to terms with being gay. Andrew was sometimes a difficult boyfriend, like the time he kicked our dustbin over and we all got flu. My hormones were just going mad. All I wanted to do was be with Andrew, and hug him, and kiss him and make out with him. School and homework could go to hell for all I cared. Andrew was much the same, except that he didn't have that Fire Brigade bit. First love is a wonderful thing you know, but it completely takes over your life. I still went to school every day (and of course I saw Andrew there) but as soon as I got home, I could think about nothing except inviting Andrew round and being with him. I got homework every day, but I just added it to the ever growing pile on the floor. Before long my school grades started to fall, and I continued not to care. Eventually I got an F, and the school wrote to my parents and said I was one of the worst pupils in the school. That did hurt! I realised that I wasn't being true to myself. I've always been naturally curious and liked to learn new things. And Andrew really is quite similar. He had gone through much the same as me and his grades had dropped disastrously too. I remember his mum telling him to pull himself together and work harder. I don't know if my parents really noticed what was happening to me.

Anyway, Andrew and I decided that we were going to have to put our lives back in order. Maybe our relationship was moving on from that wild initial infatuation to something more mature. We both decided that we had to catch up with all the homework we hadn't done. At this stage Andrew got a lot of help from his mum. They spent several days together, systematically working through the huge backlog of homework. They were already close and all the time they spent then made them even closer. You might think Andrew being so close to his mum might make me jealous of her. But I'm not. Andrew's love for his mum is just part of his character, and it's a character that I find adorable. Andrew loves his mum and he loves me. I suppose they're just different kinds of love.

For myself I've always had a good relationship with my parents, but nothing like as close as Andrew is to Gloria; I mean Andrew kisses his mum almost as much as he kisses me! I just didn't feel i could ask my parents for the sort of help that Andrew got from Gloria. My mum and dad had my two younger siblings to look after. Hans was still a toddler at this time and took up a lot of their time. When Hans eventually started school, mum and dad joined the police, and that too took up a lot of their time. The result was that I had to catch up with my missed homework with minimal help from my parents. The thing is, I always had the option to do my homework. In fact that day we had the fire and I got fined, I had just come home from my first day at school after we moved in, and I was sitting cross legged on the floor just inside the front door, doing my homework, or at least trying to do it, until my dad started shouting from the kitchen about a fire. So I know the option to do my homework was always available to me. What's more I've never heard of any child or teen in Veronaville, and the neighbourhoods attached to it not having the option to do their homework. So it seems to me that Aspersim's problems are unique to him. If it's relevant, Veronaville where I live is an original Maxis neighbourhood, as is our downtown. The shopping district of Bluewater, which is also attached to Veronaville today, is based on a clean template by Tarlia, but Andrew and I seldom go there, as there's not much that interests us there.

On the more general topic of Sims world problems, I really don't think I've got many problems. I know many people find that newly-weds living with in-laws can be problematic, but I have to say that Gloria and Garry are a really fun couple, and they never cause me any problems. In fact I've been friends with them both for years. They do have a habit of wandering around the house in a state of extreme undress, but, since I'm famous all over Veronaville as the boy who hates the feel of textiles next to my skin, I'm not really in a position to complain about it! . (Actually I do wear clothes -- I just wear as little as I can get away with! Fortunately Veronaville is never cold.)

All in all I'm really enjoying married life with Andrew. Life was good before I married him -- and it got better! We have regular woohoo now, and it's good!! Andrew was right -- it was worth waiting for.

Well, I've enjoyed writing this. I hope at least some of you enjoy reading it.

Yours with Love
Julian :lovestruc

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Field Researcher
#112 Old 7th Nov 2021 at 6:08 PM
I hate it when I am sitting on the toilet but I have to get out immediately because I need to pee myself in public
Mad Poster
#114 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 3:43 AM
Ok, I've fed the baby, and changed it, now where does he go? Oh, yes the floor.

I'm so tired I can pass out, but I can't because I have to pee, while I desperately need to talk to someone because If I don't I'll see the social bunny because I got fired today due to the fact I didn't get to work on time because the car pool didn't come-I had to walk to work but I didn't remember how to until I thought about it for a minute and had to remember where work was.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Field Researcher
#116 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:34 PM
No time to empty this dirty potty, better sell it and buy a new one I guess
Mad Poster
#117 Old 8th Nov 2021 at 8:41 PM
I've got some work to get done on the apartment lot in Dodge which is a long way from being finished.Our constriction crew is planning to stay over for the coming winter because the area has been in a drought and is having warmer weather than usual and it's looking like a mild and dry winter is coming up for 1841.
Page 5 of 5