Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 4:53 PM
Default Solar Panel and Windmill Discounts
Does anyone know exactly by what amount or percentage is taken off of bills when using these objects?
Do these objects themselves add to the bill (by adding value to the lot)?
Would a mod that increases bills affect the amounts?
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 15th Nov 2019 at 9:27 PM
I have a list saved on the savings that you make.

On the solar panels and windmills.

1/2 panels. Cost 600.
1 1/2 panel gets 0
2 1/2 panels gets you 11 off your bill.
3 1/2 panels gets you 92 off your bill.
4 1/2 panels gets you 130 off your bill.
5 1/2 panels gets you 164 off your bill.
6 gets 199.
7 gets 236.
8 gets 271.

Now for the full panels. Cost 1,200.
1 gets 11.
2 gets 130.
3 gets 199.
4 gets 275.

For windmills. Cost 1,680.
1 gets 95.
2 gets 187.
3 gets 286.
4 gets 385.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 7:13 PM
Thank you for this.
I couldn't get them to work in my game. Turns out it was a buyable mailbox mod that was updated only up to Apartment Life.
Alchemist
#4 Old 16th Nov 2019 at 10:03 PM
I was just wondering today if people have their sims off grid. I'm currently living off grid with solar in real life so wanted to make my sims do it, too. Anyone stop the bills and use solar?
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 9:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader
I was just wondering today if people have their sims off grid. I'm currently living off grid with solar in real life so wanted to make my sims do it, too. Anyone stop the bills and use solar?

Doesn't off the grid require you to not have internet or phone either?
Mad Poster
#6 Old 17th Nov 2019 at 3:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sunrader

Once upon a time, my sims used the full panels that cost 1,200. A few had so many they were even paid for the overage. I guess now, I have a conflict, because my solar panels and windmills no longer work.
Test Subject
#7 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 5:25 AM Last edited by Ethan15 : 23rd Nov 2019 at 3:57 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Does anyone know exactly by what amount or percentage is taken off of bills when using these objects?
Do these objects themselves add to the bill (by dgcustomerfirst adding value to the lot)?
Would a mod that increases bills affect the amounts?

I couldn't get them to work in my game. Turns out it was a buyable mailbox mod that was updated only up to Apartment Life.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 7:08 PM
There is a modded solar panel by eliseluong that will actually pay you twice as much as the original one did. I use it a lot! lol

HERE

Have you ever walked into a room & forgot why you went in there?
What if God is playing The Sims & he just cancelled your action.
Adopt-a-Sim My Creations My Tumblr
Alchemist
#9 Old 22nd Nov 2019 at 9:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
Doesn't off the grid require you to not have internet or phone either?

In the U.S., the ''grid' generally refers to the electrical system. Many people have solar so they can save on electric bills and sell power back to the grid. For us, the electrical power, water and sewer, natural gas, trash and recycling pick up, landline phones, mobile phone service, and postal service all consider us off-grid. We have no services from any of them, and the county does not maintain or provide signage for our road. There is a DSL wifi connection which is our only link to the outside. We run the router off a 48volt solar system.
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Nov 2019 at 1:40 PM Last edited by Yvelotic2001 : 24th Nov 2019 at 8:29 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by AsaButler
Thank you for this.

So that's what it was! In my previous game, I had a bug with solar panels where suddenly I wouldn't get any money from them, and I suspected it was because of the buyable mailbox I had added recently. Unfortunately my computer broke before I tested that theory.
By the way, is there a buyable mailbox now that doesn't bork the discount?

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#11 Old 25th Nov 2019 at 10:45 AM
I use this one by Sophie-David and I haven't noticed any problems with the solar panel discount in my game. The buyable mailbox is the bottom file and should work whether or not you use the other mods on that page.

http://www.modthesims.info/d/413573...le-mailbox.html