Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 5:33 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims 2 wont load, get small rectangle with an X in it
Game was going fine. Had removed my Downloads folder and was adding it back gradually. Only had 6 folders left and after adding them I now get a white rectangle with The Sims 2 at the top, a Red X in the middle and a place to click OK. Cant do anything, wont load the game at all. Have all expansion packs except Pets thru Mansions and Gardens Stuff. Looked at Folders and files that caused the problem and don't see anything unusual but there are a lot of files involved. Removed all of these but didnt help. Any suggestions.
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 6:20 PM
Have you tried the obvious, like deleting cache files (that's one of the most common problems with this particular bug, especially after moving around downloads)?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 6:37 PM
Default Cant launch
Quote: Originally posted by simmer22
Have you tried the obvious, like deleting cache files (that's one of the most common problems with this particular bug, especially after moving around downloads)?

You are right, yes I did delete the cache and all is well again, Problem solved, sorry for taking up your time.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 27th Aug 2020 at 7:04 PM
It's easy to forget, and those error boxes can be a bit panic-inducing.