Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 9:35 AM
Default Machinima help ?????!!
Hi i'm currently working on a machinima on TS2 , and (even though i'm far away from finished) I was really hesitating between a cast call or just subtitles. Thing is, I really don't know how cast calls work. Like do you send the finish product with subtitles and they read it (like animated movies or something) or just give them the lines they should say and they send it back ?? The answer might be really silly and easy but I was just wondering.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Oct 2020 at 4:44 PM Last edited by sugoisama : 6th Oct 2020 at 4:59 PM.
I think the way they do cartoons (or at least they did Daria) is that the voice actors get the script and record all of their lines. I'll see if I can ask a friend who's a bit closer to the industry.

Update: She said she gets the script, and the original voices are played on headphones. I'm guessing the latter part you can ignore, since the original language is Simlish, but the point is she just has the words to work with.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 8:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think the way they do cartoons (or at least they did Daria) is that the voice actors get the script and record all of their lines. I'll see if I can ask a friend who's a bit closer to the industry.

Update: She said she gets the script, and the original voices are played on headphones. I'm guessing the latter part you can ignore, since the original language is Simlish, but the point is she just has the words to work with.

Thank you so much !! have a great day