Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#76 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 4:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
:
I don't think Sims 4 has anything like aspiration failure, does it? I'm not sure how that game deals with things going wrong for sims.

From what I remember playing TS4 base game or have read online...things just don't go wrong in TS4. All is happiness and hugs and wacky "adventures". They even removed burglars and vampires being able to break into houses because they were worried it might upset someone.
Dogs and Cats can't even die of anything except old age.

Quote: Originally posted by simsample
:
But I'm sure it wouldn't be allowed or deemed acceptable now to make a game where mental health was something to point and laugh at, and glossed over in such a way. This is why I don't like my sims to be too realistic- I treat them as cartoons in a cartoon world, and I'm glad that they are better after a quick meeting with the therapist. I sometimes wish they wouldn't fight so much though, it's especially sad when I see a cat being beaten up by a wolf!

Yeah I'm mentally ill myself in real life. And I never had a problem with aspiration failure as its depicted in Sims 2, because it's a game and it's so removed from reality. To me it doesn't make any statement about mental health, it's just a gameplay feature to provide challenge to the player.

Taking an extended break from Sims stuff. Might be around, might not.
Advertisement
Alchemist
#77 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 6:46 PM
No, vampires can still break in. It's just an optional feature that players can turn off if they're so inclined.
Mad Poster
#78 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 7:10 PM
I definitely prefer aspiration failure to the Insane traits they put in the later games.
Theorist
#79 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 9:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by omglo
No, vampires can still break in. It's just an optional feature that players can turn off if they're so inclined.

Ah okay, but the burglars are still missing, aren't they?

Forum Resident
#80 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:11 PM
Counterpoint to the "things just don't go wrong" thing: there is one (1) thing that does go very very wrong, proposing to a sim with commitment issues trait. If they reject it, your sim will get an embarrassed moodlet so strong they can literally die right away. At least that happened to me once when I played in the beginning. But aside from that, you're right, nothing ever goes wrong, like, my sims have been fired numerous times in TS2 while in TS4 they've never been fired, and also even those emotional deaths that were such a big thing happen so rarely and they're really hard to achieve (I literally had to cheat for the angry one, and I've never seen the playful one).
Alchemist
#81 Old 25th Mar 2021 at 10:45 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Orphalesion
Ah okay, but the burglars are still missing, aren't they?

Yep, but I suspect it's more because they rushed TS4 out unfinished instead of out of a decision to nerf the game. I assumed they'd remove things like seducing professors for better grades, but it's in there.
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 12:12 AM
Personally I really enjoy Inteen because of the way I play ages. I don't like to mod my Sims' ages so I leave them as base game and play a day per Sims year. 0-1= baby, 1-4 = toddler, 4-11= child... because of the timings, that leaves 11-25 = teen, because I don't always play University and sometimes it breaks my game. Therefore, although I very occasionally have a teen pregnancy, mostly it just allows the Sims in the 18-25 bracket to start families as a lot of actual people do. I treat them as YA, and also enjoy the birth control options. It's a good mod for the way I play.
Mad Poster
#83 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 6:21 AM
@bubble101 -I intend to use inteen with ACR because of my historical games and because my towns are awfully small in the early stages which was an issue in a vanilla game because that put far too many restrictions on romantic matches and with inteen I can have a teen and their newly aged up childhood bff become a romantic couple before the younger one ages up and the same for of both were old family friends.Teen couples won't lose their romantic relationships on one of them aging to adult either.I also wanted teens to be able to get married young as it so often hapend in the 17th century.I also like them being able to live alone like adults though not teen woohoo or pregnancies though miscarriages are another realictic feature I like.
Field Researcher
#84 Old 26th Mar 2021 at 7:30 AM
I've been playing with inteen for years at this point, so I'm a little averse to removing it from my game even though I know there's alternatives for most of the functionality now. I mostly use it now for when I have sims who don't go to university, since I like having the independent teen stage that happens starting <7 days until adult. That combined with the shorter semester mod I have in my game makes the length of time teens who don't go to college live to about the same amount of time young adults spend in university. That way I don't have to play sims in university any longer to adjust for any difference in aging. It makes it so much easier for me tbh. Especially if any of my YAs end up having kids while in university -- having the shorter semester mod makes sure their kids don't end up teenagers or even in college by the time their parents graduate!
Lab Assistant
#85 Old 27th Mar 2021 at 5:33 PM
Oh I forgot the getting adult jobs and moving out at <7 days too! One pet peeve is that no matter what their job is at that stage they are not reachable on the phone between 9-1 because 'I'm in class' but small price to pay. It is so ingrained in my playstyle now I don't think I could enjoy the game without it.
Forum Resident
#86 Old 6th Apr 2021 at 9:25 PM
This isn't a mod, but I found the test of time challenge and only read it today. Well. The base rules are um. Yikes. Definitely could use some tweaks (even if it's supposed to be historic and represent even the bad times in history).
Staff - Moderator
staff: moderator
#87 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 7:20 AM
This is a Sims game forum- not reddit,not twitter,not facebook. Please people try to limit your conversation to the thread topic.
Theorist
#88 Old 20th Apr 2021 at 2:26 PM
For Crying Out Loud!

This is all about a freaking jokey mod object that lets you grill and eat virtual, imaginary babies. This has nothing to do with any real life issue, so can we put the soap box away?

Scholar
#89 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 1:28 PM
I dunno...

the "baby grill" (clearly created for the sake of ridiculousness itself) is so deeply offensive, Inteen was offensive, ACR was offensive (does some supposed 'adults' ever grow up beyond 12 in the matter of *insert_THAT_WORD* ?),
but

existing ingame feature of forced experiment/rape (alien ehm "probing") was completely fun, healthy and OK-ish...

The World is full of mysteries :D

favorite quote: "When ElaineNualla is posting..I always read..Nutella. I am sorry" by Rosebine
self-claimed "lower-spec simmer"
Forum Resident
#90 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 1:58 PM
I think if the game came out today we would have not even 10% of the emo CC collection we have today.
Forum Resident
#91 Old 21st Apr 2021 at 4:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ElaineNualla
The World is full of mysteries :D

Yes, it's deeply mysterious how other people seem to have contradictory or even hypocritical opinions on things if you look at other people as a monolith who all think the exact same things about things (not to mention that the thread is specifically about mods)

Quote: Originally posted by sugoisama
I think if the game came out today we would have not even 10% of the emo CC collection we have today.

Yep. I was never into emo stuff and even I had a bunch of it for my sims. In general, a lot of cc really is the product of its time. I started downloading stuff for my sims around 2008, and it definitely shows in some regards.

I am Error.
Page 4 of 4