Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:03 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Game crashes when I click tabs in Buy Mode
Background info: I have CC, but my game didn't use to crash on clicking tabs in Buy Mode. Recent changes are updating the Sun and Moon sets (since I hadn't played since uhhh March I think?) and updating Sims2RPC. So far the most consistent crash is going to By Room sort, then clicking Kitchen, then clicking Comfort, but it has also crashed on clicking Kitchen and when going straight to Comfort from the By Category/default sort.

Crashlog is attached because I'm unsure how spoiler tagging works on this forum.
Attached files:
File Type: txt  Sims2Exception 2021.05.11 19.55.06.txt (15.5 KB, 6 downloads)
Advertisement
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:12 AM
Does this still happen if you remove those sets/ mods you recently updated?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th May 2021 at 9:41 AM
will check - that'll involve reinstalling back to the earlier versions probably
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 12th May 2021 at 1:07 AM
rgytuidlv OR i could find out that one of those updates included a NEW DEPENDENCY and not having the new dependency installed causes crashes
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th May 2021 at 1:57 AM
Further update: removing the Sun and Moon stuff entirely does not stop the crashes. So it's probably Sims2RPC because there is...nothing else at all that changed since it last worked.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th May 2021 at 8:54 AM
This is what to do to find a game problem- one of the first steps is removing the most likely problems.
Game Help:Game Problemwiki
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#7 Old 12th May 2021 at 9:45 AM
Bad CC does not always have to be newly installed CC. A crash can corrupt things. If you find it crashes on certain areas it is most likely a piece of cc in that area. Even if it has been fine in the past it may not be now.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 13th May 2021 at 4:00 AM
I found the culprit yesterday - turned out to be a corrupted fancy chair of some sort
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#9 Old 13th May 2021 at 1:09 PM
Well done for fixing it!