Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

*100th Upload and 1st Year Creator Anniversary* Sims Random Aspect Generators

by Phaenoh Posted 18th Jul 2008 at 8:12 AM - Updated 27th Nov 2013 at 3:29 PM by Nysha

134 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 125 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 6
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#51 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:37 AM
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! Glad to know I'm appriciated here!
Quote: Originally posted by Fearless Butterfly
I really love this its exactely what i need! just one thing though would it be possible to make it so that it also randomises what hair and eye colour and skintone they have? So like black,brown,blonde,red or custom hair, blue,dk blue, green,grey or brown eyes and light, medium, tan or dark skin?
I had thought about that but then decided it wasn't practical as families tend to have the same skin tone, hair color, and eye color between them. Why not when you are starting to make your family hit the random button in CAS and then stick with whatever the game randoms you for the parents. (I highly advocate the 'Make Baby' button to make the genetics correct, but I'm kinda obsessive.) You can of course change their facial structure so they aren't fugly! Enjoy!
Lab Assistant
#52 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 7:52 AM
WOW! Just...WOW!

:)
Test Subject
#53 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 9:42 AM
hello! thank you for this great upload, I would like to use the icons on my desktop, but I dont know where to put them! can somebody help me please?
Top Secret Researcher
#54 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 12:08 PM
congrats on your 100th upload, phaenoh! all these stuff rocks, but i like the icon pack most!!!! thanks!!!
Theorist
#55 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 1:45 PM
Congratulations!!! on your 100th Upload
Lab Assistant
#56 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 2:56 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary!
Thank you so much for these programs, they will be very usefull! I have just started to create a whole new neighbourhood, but haven't found the time (or the wil) yet to create family's to actually start playing! *bows down*
and just in time too, my vacation is starting today and it's pouring outside!

again, congratulations, you have indeed grown a lot and learned so much!
Thank you for all you have done for us here at MDS2!
Nina
Field Researcher
#57 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 3:56 PM
Happy anniversary I've got a lot of your things in my game and I love the randomizer. Thanks for sharing your work!
Forum Resident
#58 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 4:16 PM
Congratulations on one stellar year! Here's to many more!!
Test Subject
#59 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:39 PM
Happy anniversary and thanks so much. Maybe now I won't have to keep stealing all the dice from the yatzee game! *loses dice easily *
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 5:46 PM
This rocks. Not only do I no longer have to feel like a complete freak for constantly rolling dice when I play a computer game - now I don't have to! This is going to save so much time whenever I make a new family (which happens pretty often.) Thank you so much.

Oh, and congrats on your one-year creator anniversary!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Tschibberli
hello! thank you for this great upload, I would like to use the icons on my desktop, but I dont know where to put them! can somebody help me please?
You can put the icons anywhere you like on your computer, but you have to be able to find them again to change the desktop ones. When you right click on an icon you would like to change, click 'Change Icon' then browse and navigate to whereever you put them after you downloaded them. Then pick the one you want and click Apply.
Test Subject
#62 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 6:23 PM
Awesome! This is so useful. Waaaay simpler than using a dice, faster, completely better! Thank you!!
Test Subject
#63 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 10:37 PM
These are great! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 19th Jul 2008 at 11:48 PM
I have to say I love the one for generating the asperiation and turn-ons for teens. I hate picking out turn-ons/offs just because I use the same ones over and over, and get no variety. Now I will--thank you!

“Reasonable people adapt themselves to the world. Unreasonable people attempt to adapt the world to themselves. All progress, therefore, depends on unreasonable people.” George Bernard Shaw

My creations
Field Researcher
#65 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:07 AM
Thank you thank you thank you!! :D

And congrats on 100 uploads and your 1 year anniversary! :o

Thank you for putting me in the credits! -is touched-

And I love my new "spiffed up" desktop! Alec helped me pick out the icons for each.
http://s87.photobucket.com/albums/k...DesktopSims.png

Thank you thank you thank you!
Forum Resident
#66 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:16 AM
Congratulation!!!
Instructor
#67 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 5:38 AM
I have no idea really what it will do but I'll try it out. Congrats on the year and the 1000th upload too.
Forum Resident
#68 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:29 AM
Oooo this is going to be veeery helpful! thank you and congratulations for your 100th upload!
Lab Assistant
#69 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:03 PM
Happy B-Day! Thanx for all your wonderful creations and sharing the with us! Love your work
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#70 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 12:55 PM
Excellent work you've done over the year! Happy 100th Upload and Year! I've followed some of your work with the houses, neighborhood terrains and a couple mods for teen and adult female jumpsuits (not sure if they're called that) conversion to Athletic Wear.

I need to clarify something to make sure I understood correctly how this program works. This program applies the random aspirations, turn ons and offs to new Sims or applies to all Sims (new and old - existing)?

The installation isn't going to be a problem for me, but I do want to know beforehand what to expect from my game or the program generating the aspirations, turn ons and turn offs for the Sims I have or will create after I install this program.

Once again, way to go, Phaenoh! Looking forward to checking out what new stuff you come up with the next time I come 'round to MTS2.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#71 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 4:41 PM
This program has absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. Nothing in the game will change because you download this. All this does it generate pretty pictures for you to look at (or write down and then use to make a new CAS family or set turn ons and turn offs).
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
#72 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:18 PM
Ah, I see.. Okay, thank you for the response. I assumed the program would affect the game by randomizing the aspirations, turn ons and turn offs for both new and old Sims.

But anyways, great stuff!
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 20th Jul 2008 at 11:34 PM
congratulations and thanks for all your work!

Check out Omicron-Simtauri, my new space project!

Newest creation on my Livejournal: Fish with party hats: Garland and default
Looking for an Underground Station? thread on GoS
Grungy cars! thread on GoS latest: VW Type 2 Two-Tones
Field Researcher
#74 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 2:35 AM Last edited by TashaFaun : 21st Jul 2008 at 3:04 AM.
Phaenoh I was wondering if it would be possible to get a copy of the icons as jpegs? If not its cool just thought I would ask Thank you again! My desktop is enjoying all the new icon-y goodness.

http://i346.photobucket.com/albums/...n-ygoodness.jpg
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 21st Jul 2008 at 3:11 AM
The icons are already available as .pngs thats what I started with. I don't remember where I got them from however, either somewhere here (modding resources perhaps?) or at MATY. I've had them for a while now. They old.
Page 3 of 6