Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Theorist
#426 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 2:31 AM
The gift that keeps on giving....I would repeat how gorgeous it all looks, but whats the point, we all know anyway lol.

#BlairWitchPetition
TS3 NEEDS: TENNIS COURTS > BUSES > PIGS/SHEEP
Can't find stuff in build and buy mode? http://www.nexusmods.com/thesims3/mods/1/?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#427 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 4:17 AM
Looks great! I almost feel like it could do with a custom distant terrain!

I also sort of wish there was a larger smoke effect out there, but I guess world-builders have to do with what they have!
Mad Poster
#428 Old 11th Mar 2019 at 9:18 AM
It looks amazing as always. I also love the addition of the coral reefs and the distant terrain adds interest on the horizon. Wonderful update!

Cannot wait to have Sims explore all of this!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#429 Old 12th Mar 2019 at 9:10 PM
Wow, so many comments and nice words, thanks a lot guys! That gives me a huge boost of motivation
I'm glad you like the coral reefs, the sky, the distant terrain and the volcano so far

@Goodywood
Quote:
And the water looks like yummy blueberry KoolAid!

I had to google what that is, I'll take it as a compliment

@jje1000,
Quote:
Looks great! I almost feel like it could do with a custom distant terrain!

The IP distant terrain works perfectly for what I was aiming for, but I know I will need a custom DT for some future worlds.

Quote:
also sort of wish there was a larger smoke effect out there, but I guess world-builders have to do with what they have!

I do wish that too! I had to use multiple smoke effects from SuperCAW to create this, the biggest waterfall steam effect just wasn't enough. But sometimes I like this having to do with what we have thing, it gives me ideas I would never come up with otherwise

Find all my creations here:
My blog: Nilxis Designs // My Tumblr page: http://nilxis.tumblr.com
Mad Poster
#430 Old 13th Mar 2019 at 7:32 AM
I think the smoke effect is fine. We will look at it at few times and say WOW and take some pics, but most of the time will be busy doing everything else. There is so much to see and do and explore we won't be looking at the volcano that much. At least me. Just know it is there, ready to fry our Sims at any moment!!!! DANGER!!! LOL
Field Researcher
#431 Old 15th Mar 2019 at 1:51 PM
I was so excited to read that there will be tombs, and all interconnected! I love this development and the fact that you tell a story, or a history lesson with the tombs, wow, I can't wait for this

Horses would be a nightmare for sure, but deer might be nice wandering around. Wouldn't it be nice if you could change the look of the deer to some otherworldly creature, in a shade of aquamarine

It looks like you made huge progress on the map! Volcano's are stereotypical for a reason, it looks great, can't wait to see it finished. I love the plants and the way you've layered them in the wetlands, you got the balance right I think and that waterfall is sensational. Waterfall's in the game usually look pretty fake, yours doesn't! That coral reef is something else though.

The sky............ :lovestruc

Oh, and if I lived on that island, I would be glad there was no greater smoke rising from that volcano
Field Researcher
#432 Old 16th Mar 2019 at 3:19 AM Last edited by Kylaaab : 16th Mar 2019 at 4:50 AM.
Hey just entered this thread today and gosh is this world amazing! After reading through the first six pages and the most recent three pages (and skimming through the rest), I wanted to know if you're still thinking about making floating islands. Since you're making tomb lots (ahh! So excited.), I just thought it would be really neat if dive pools were used to actually travel to various floating islands if you're still planning on including them.

Expanding on the floating islands - Having three to five houses altogether among all of the floating islands for winged folk (aka fairies), and only winged ones live on them, would be really cool. They would be a slightly different species from the Uranesians, allowing a little more diversity in looks. I love the original idea of waterfalls coming down from them too, which makes me think of water, which makes me wonder if there will be a mer-people species. (If you give a mouse a cookie..) Haha I'm veering off track aren't I..

It would be neat if all the hypothetical floating islands each had a name and there was an adventure that lead an adventurer sim from one to the next. Another idea I have is that the floating islands are inaccessible until the sim has completed other specific adventures as a prerequisite. This is just some wishful thinking on my part.

These are just some ideas, don't feel any pressure to include them if they don't work for the storyline/if it's too much//if it's not possible(I know nothing about world creation)/if it's not in your vision for the world/etc, because I completely understand that. :}
Field Researcher
#433 Old 17th Mar 2019 at 8:35 PM
This world is mesmerizing! :lovestruc
Nilxis, you're an ancient magical creature with mystical powers from that world, admit it!
Seriously though, this is beyond any skill level I have ever seen.
Test Subject
#434 Old 22nd Mar 2019 at 11:29 PM
I just stumbled upon this thread today, and I must say that it continues to amaze me that there are still other people not only playing the Sims 3 but also creating worlds, etc. for it! I try to stick to script mods only, so I probably wouldn't be playing Uranesia, but looking at all of the beautiful landscaping, building, sim creation, etc. that's going into it is really amazing! I don't have any cc myself, but I'm kind of tempted to join in on the sim making. You probably don't need me to tell you this, but keep up all of the amazing work!!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#435 Old 25th Mar 2019 at 12:02 AM
@daisylee
Quote:
Just know it is there, ready to fry our Sims at any moment!!!! DANGER!!! LOL

Don't make the gods and the spirits angry

@simsmidgen, Thanks for the nice words
Quote:
and the fact that you tell a story, or a history lesson with the tombs

It's gonna be both history and stories :P

Quote:
Horses would be a nightmare for sure, but deer might be nice wandering around. Wouldn't it be nice if you could change the look of the deer to some otherworldly creature, in a shade of aquamarine

Thanks for the idea! I agree that deer would look nice, but can you edit them in CAS? I've read that you can get them in CAS but I'm not sure if actually editing them is possible. But I can also edit a horse and make it smaller with a custom slider, which would look nice too

@Kylaaab, Yes! I still want to add some floating islands, but probably fewer than I imagined first. Most of the islands are going to be decorative, made with CAW objects, but I’d love to make at least one of them accessible (as a lot), so I agree using dive pools to get there would be a nice option (but getting there is not going to be easy!). About winged creatures living in the floating islands, I have to say this is a very good idea, it makes sense and sounds cool. Unfortunately, right now all the sims who are not the ones in the city (let’s call them this way haha) have been planned and such thing wouldn’t work with the storyline. But had you suggested this idea 3 years ago I would probably have included it! About mer-people, all I’ll I’m going to say is you’ll have to figure it out yourself :P
I hope that answers your questions, even if all I said pretty much is “you’ll see” lol, and thanks for the ideas anyway!

@MystAngel, Hahahah, never! thanks for your comment

@Sarathewise, Thanks! You’ll definitely need CC though if you want to play in Uranesia, it’s what partly gives the world its identity and makes it look the way it does. You can check out the sim creation thread here if you’re interested: http://www.modthesims.info/showthre...914#post5512914 but we are using CC for the sims as well.

Test Subject
#436 Old 27th Mar 2019 at 9:47 PM
This is such a beautiful world and a massive project! I see you have been working on it for a long time. I can't wait to add it to my game...so do you have any idea when it will be finished and available for download?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#437 Old 1st Apr 2019 at 8:40 PM
Thanks
I'd love to tell you but I really have no idea, much less than what it's taken so far, for sure, but there's still quite a bit of work ahead.

Lab Assistant
#438 Old 3rd May 2019 at 4:03 PM
You continue to blow me away with your talent. This will be the gem of any and all Sims 3 worlds ever built. Thank you yet again for hanging in there and not giving up on your long project.
Test Subject
#439 Old 8th May 2019 at 8:27 PM
omg i can't tell you how excited i was when i saw that the most recent update was in /2019/!!! it's amazing that you've continued working on this for four entire years. i'm definitely going to be checking back on this thread every so often for any updates. consider me invested!!! i hope you plan on making this world downloadable once you're finished. i would love to create some stories in this beautiful world!
Test Subject
#440 Old 11th May 2019 at 5:02 PM
This world is astounding! I love the work you've done with searching for ideas for the architecture and the LORE is simply intriguing. Everything about it is so inspirational, can't wait to see the final version!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#441 Old 17th May 2019 at 10:23 PM
Thank you guys for your nice words, encouragement and patience I try to work on this as much as I can, but life can get busy sometimes.

Quote: Originally posted by DerpBox
i hope you plan on making this world downloadable once you're finished.

Of course! It will be up for download like all my other worlds.

Lab Assistant
#442 Old 25th May 2019 at 8:55 PM
This world is astonishingly beautiful. I can't wait to play it!!

Curiously enough, the only thing that went through the mind of the bowl of petunias as it fell was Oh no, not again. The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, Douglas Adams

The Hunger Site - Click once a day for free to give food to developing countries!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#443 Old 6th Jun 2019 at 8:04 PM
Thank you

Field Researcher
Original Poster
#444 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 7:09 PM
UPDATE TIME
Long time no see! Here's another update showcasing landscapes. Also, I've finished the "secret areas", so from now on I'll be able to show more stuff. Here are the pictures and the info:

I hope you like it! I won't be able to publish new updates in the next 3 months because I'll be spending the summer abroad and I won't have my computer with me, but I'll be able to respond to your comments and messages. I hope you all have a nice summer!

Top Secret Researcher
#445 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:05 PM
Wow, that's some wonderful progress. I love how the city is nestled in the mountains, and that volcano looks just awesome. Enjoy your summer!
Instructor
#446 Old 23rd Jun 2019 at 8:34 PM
Stunning! The map looks almost complete - you must have been working hard I love the floating islands. Have you used the tall "seaweed" from IP for it? Seems like a really cool idea.

Visit my Tumblr for more creations http://crowkeeperthesimmer.tumblr.com :)
Field Researcher
#447 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 5:57 AM
Wow, the unfinished area really is in the minority now! I wouldn't have believed it could look any more beautiful, and yet it continues to, you're amazing :lovestruc

Enjoy your holiday
Mad Poster
#448 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 7:34 AM
WOW!!!!!!! It all looks amazing as always. Take that computer with you on vacation!!!! Just kidding. Have a great summer. Where are you going?
Mad Poster
#449 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 1:20 PM
Damn, dude, not only is the world more gorgeous than ever, it's also huge. I love large roadless worlds. I'll certainly have some of this.

insert signature here
( Join my dumb Discord server if you're into the whole procrastination thing. But like, maybe tomorrow. )
Mad Poster
#450 Old 24th Jun 2019 at 6:26 PM Last edited by jje1000 : 24th Jun 2019 at 9:20 PM.
Looking great, and I love the floating islands!

As a note, I wonder what could go into that last little unfinished bit?

I wonder if that could be the location of a giant routable "floating" island, which could continue the theme of the floating islands and work them more deeply into the worldbuilding of the island- it would also create another unique location on the island.

Maybe a floating crystal deposit was created when the island was made, but over time the crystals began to break away from the rest of the volcano with bits of the terrain attached? Basically it's a flank of the volcano that split off with the rest crumbling into the sea below, creating a karst-like appearance.

It could look like this:

You could make it look like Ha Long Bay, with a cloud effect at the base.

Also, just curious- I wonder if World Machine can be used to generate a final "fine detail" paint layer for that final "oomph". If you want, I'd definitely like to experiment with it- it would have to happen once you finish sculpting everything though!
Page 18 of 22