Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More Fun Activities - Sims 3 Showtime: 3-25-2012

by Chaavik Posted 16th Aug 2009 at 2:25 PM - Updated 25th Mar 2012 at 8:12 PM by Chaavik : Sims 3 Pets Information

192 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 178 Feedback Posts, 13 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 8
Field Researcher
#51 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 7:16 PM
i have the 1.7.9. patch, but no WA exp, so i use what?
sorry to be a pain just trying to be clear.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 5th Dec 2009 at 10:15 PM
Try the WA packages and choose only the ones that you think can be used in your game. You can see one of the packages labeled exclusively only for WA. Try the others first.
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 12:20 AM
Thank you so much for updating your mods. I have really hated playing without them. I can't wait to get them back in my game. These and story progression are pretty much my only 'must have' mods, others I can live without, but not these. Massive thanks again.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 4:18 AM
Thank you so much Chaavik!!! *** Doing happy dance as I download ****
Test Subject
#55 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 1:16 PM
I wanted to say thanks again for the updates but I have 2 quick queries. When I unzipped the Original More Fun Activities pack 2 rar I found a file 'GameplayData.package' it's not mentioned in the readme, does it need installing in the same place as the other packages? Also although 'Paint Faster And More Fun' is mentioned in the readme of pack 1 I couldn't see a package for it? Can I use the original pre-WA package? Thanks again.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#56 Old 6th Dec 2009 at 7:04 PM
Don't install GameplayData into your Mods folder. I made a mistake including that file when I packaged the mods.

That must be one of my personal mods I haven't uploaded publicly because there is an identical mod here at MTS doing the same thing.

I am fixing the package to remove the GameplayData file.
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 7th Dec 2009 at 5:24 PM
I was after an updated (WA) mod to allow painting faster and found this, but sadly it seems that this mod hasn't been included in the new WA versions - is this because the old version still works ok? or did it get overlooked.

Thanks
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 9th Dec 2009 at 12:16 PM
You can try using it. I haven't updated my version and had no problems using it to paint faster and gain fun. Let me know if it works for you. Most of the other interactions had to be updated for WA.
Field Researcher
#59 Old 10th Dec 2009 at 12:00 PM
BIG thanks for the update for WA!
Forum Resident
#60 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 9:01 AM
I found that the morefun pack1-WA it is not compatible with originalmorefun pack1-WA. I downloaded the mods "entire collection". It's the message from IndieStoneCompatibility.
Sorry for my english....
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th Dec 2009 at 2:43 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. The activities from More Fun Pack 1 - WA are completely different from the ones in the Original More Fun Pack 1 - WA.

They don't show up as conflicts for me with Indie Stone Compatibility tool.

Did you attempt to install the same bunch of activities twice or something?
Forum Resident
#62 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
I have no idea what you're talking about. The activities from More Fun Pack 1 - WA are completely different from the ones in the Original More Fun Pack 1 - WA.

They don't show up as conflicts for me with Indie Stone Compatibility tool.

Did you attempt to install the same bunch of activities twice or something?

the message from IndieStoneCompatibility is "all overwrite the ID 0x27A9840D155CCCF2"
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#63 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 3:36 PM
The conflict is nothing to worry about. It's Practice Speech At Mirror in both packages. Remove the one labeled Practice Speech At Mirror because the other package has it already.

If they were both installed, nothing will cause problems with them. One will simply overwrite the other.
Forum Resident
#64 Old 13th Dec 2009 at 6:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chaavik
The conflict is nothing to worry about. It's Practice Speech At Mirror in both packages. Remove the one labeled Practice Speech At Mirror because the other package has it already.

If they were both installed, nothing will cause problems with them. One will simply overwrite the other.

I don't know how to make it....

Anyway, thank you very much for your work. :lovestruc
Lab Assistant
#65 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 1:34 AM
Is this compatible with the newest released patch?
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 18th Dec 2009 at 10:14 AM
They're supposed to work with WA, aren't they? I looked at the latest patch notes and didn't see anything that would make an impact on the mods. Try them and see if they work fine with the latest patch.

I haven't patched mine yet until I know for certain that the new patch won't pose any more issues like some people have reported.
Test Subject
#67 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 3:21 AM Last edited by simulatedsim : 23rd Dec 2009 at 4:14 PM.
The "Practice speech at mirror" is in two downloads and they are different sizes.

In "Original more fun pack 1 WA" it is 2436 bytes modified 5/12 at 07:30.

In "More fun pack 1 WA" it is 1481 bytes modified 5/12 at 11:02.

Which is the correct one?

Thanks for the great mods.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 23rd Dec 2009 at 5:41 PM
Either one is fine to use. Just don't use both of them.
Test Subject
#69 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 2:28 AM
Not sure if this is just WA, but I have not seen it before.

In one of the tombs there was a fire-wall, when I clicked on it, one of the options was to warm yourself by the fire. It did give a positive moodlet, I just wondered if it should be a more fun activity also. Not really sure myself, but thought I would let you know about it.

Thanks for the previous reply.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#70 Old 24th Dec 2009 at 7:27 AM
Well, I haven't used an interaction to warm by the fire in both Sims 3 and WA. How long does it last? It should last long enough for the Sim to gain Fun.
Lab Assistant
#71 Old 4th Jan 2010 at 4:25 PM
Chaavik-TinkerFoodReplicator.package seems doesn't make my sims happy. Anyway, thanks for the great job for these mods.
Test Subject
#72 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 10:36 AM
Hi,my game was updated WA,which one I ought to download? Thank you for your very nice job!
Mad Poster
#73 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 2:28 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 10th Jan 2010 at 4:48 PM.
I've just noticed today that some of these files are causing issues in my game. I have only the base game patched to the most recent update, no WA. I am also using AwesomeMod. Yours are the only mods I have that alter the motives of interactions.

I installed all of the files from this post, minus the WA versions obviously, and have found that when my Sim paints he no longer gains skill points for it and on the computer 'Overclock' doesn't show the computer whizz icon like it should (as he is a computer whizz). There are also extra computer options now which are 'ChatRandom', 'PostOnForumsTroll' and 'PostOnForumsInappropriate'. The normal chat option is also missing.

I've since removed the files relating to those actions and everything is as it should be. My Sim gains painting skill and the extra/incorrect computer options are gone.

I'm also going to experiment removing the swimming fun file as when my Sim went to the community pool the routing was effected horribly. Any swimming Sim would get stuck where they entered the pool. I don't know if this is related but I'll test and find out.

ETA: the pool problem was related. After removing your mod my Sims can swim around normally again. Basically with these files in my game, any skilling interaction is broken: Skills cannot be gained.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#74 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 1:35 PM
Will you be making a teen woohoo mod in the near future. That would be great, its needs to be compatible with the 1.8 patch. Lostaccount will nto be upgrading it he is finished.
Criminal Mastermind
retired moderator
Original Poster
#75 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 11:05 PM
@ luvmug24:

No, I won't make a teen woohoo mod. I don't want that kind of headache. You can look around on the 'net for other teen woohoo mods or other teen woohoo mods here on the site if any.

@ menaceman44:

I don't know why you're having problems with those interactions because they work fine for me in my game. I have my game updated to 2.3.x.

These interactions only have the tuning values adjusted and nothing more to boost the Fun needs for the Sims.

Do you have other mods that might affect the interactions in your game?

This package of mods will conflict with other mods modifying the same interactions.
Page 3 of 8