Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 7 of 11
Test Subject
#151 Old 19th Aug 2005 at 1:37 PM
Now I'm confused. I tried replacing the new text and move the old one and still got a black screen. Then I put both together and still got a black screen. What am I doing wrong?
Instructor
#152 Old 21st Aug 2005 at 5:48 AM
Thank you so much! I have needed this so badly ever since I got carried away with the Smith family and now have 80 grandkids that need to make families.
Test Subject
#153 Old 23rd Aug 2005 at 1:31 AM
thanks, this will be very useful. hope it works!
Test Subject
#154 Old 9th Sep 2005 at 9:53 PM
[QUOTE=ziggybec2005]I Hope This Is The Right Place To post this file this time....
Sorry - foreverjadon -

I had trouble with watery neighborhoods with a previous hack, but this one is absolutely perfect. I have several hacks and university. I have played every day for a week since installing foreverjadon's camera hack with no problems. I've found the camera to be easy to control and smooth. Great Job!
swelborn
Lab Assistant
#155 Old 18th Sep 2005 at 4:05 PM
Please work this hack in Nightlife too?
Lab Assistant
#156 Old 20th Sep 2005 at 9:48 PM
will this work for nightlife, or are the camera parameters totally different than uni ? i sorely need this for nightlife, i got so used to the big wide view and now i feel like i'm in a cave without it :D

if you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible warning
Inventor
#157 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katgyrl
will this work for nightlife, or are the camera parameters totally different than uni ? i sorely need this for nightlife, i got so used to the big wide view and now i feel like i'm in a cave without it :D

I don't have this particular fix in my game, but another very similar to it, and it works fine in my game with all expansions.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Instructor
#158 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 12:13 AM
I removed this before installing Nightlife, then put it back afterward, and it appears to work just fine.
Lab Assistant
#159 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 6:59 AM
thanks for replying roxxy & Amber... i will give it a try and put it back. roxxy, where did you find the other fix ?

Inventor
#160 Old 23rd Sep 2005 at 7:03 AM
http://forums.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=86886

This is the one I have been using, with a small alteration for my own purposes. It works fine.

*♥.¸Here we go again .♥*
Test Subject
#161 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 12:53 PM
Hey snappledude you out there, could do with a little help as in a proper answer as to whether this works with NL please? If not oculd you have a little tweak with it and make it work cause I have a whole half neighbourhood I can't use anymore...with houses I didn't package.... please????
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 1:02 PM
afaict the camera system hasn't changed in any way with NL and I am using a similar hack for neighborhood view that was originally made in uni & it works fine for NL

for anyone not aware these are just text files - you could create a Sims2 camera file in Windows Notepad or any other text editor - it's not rocket science & there is no scope for hidden compatibiity issues - even if there was you can just replace the original file

have fun & experiment - just remember to backup a copy of your orignal camera files & you can't go wrong
Test Subject
#163 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 5:49 PM
right, well i have added this into my dir and it appears to be working ok. although I know can't eat, when dining the minute I click on the waiter/ess they jump right outta their seats.

I have added some other stuff, particularly the diner chairs, some recolours that are in this site. The ones that are specific to nl and go round the corners....hmmm maybe I should delete them, I know they already have different colours themselves but they might still need a CEP for NL right?

BB ~~jo~~
Test Subject
#164 Old 24th Sep 2005 at 5:50 PM
right, well i have added this into my dir and it appears to be working ok. although I know can't eat, when dining the minute I click on the waiter/ess they jump right outta their seats.

I have added some other stuff, particularly the diner chairs, some recolours that are in this site. The ones that are specific to nl and go round the corners....hmmm maybe I should delete them, I know they already have different colours themselves (from maxis) but they might still need a CEP for NL right?

BB ~~jo~~
Lab Assistant
#165 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 7:23 AM Last edited by katgyrl : 25th Sep 2005 at 8:11 PM.
it seems to be working fine, and i haven't had any of the same dining problems you've had, power_of_p3... if you have any other hacks you should remove them one at a time to see if your dining jump goes away. jump bugs, if i recall correctly, seem to be a problem with the game itself and not because of any user created items.

the same CEP we used previously works for NL too so if you haven't got it installed you can go ahead and do that safely.

updated to say Numenor is working on updating the CEP for nightlife, but the older version is working for me, and i haven't seen reports of it not working for others.

Test Subject
#166 Old 25th Sep 2005 at 1:49 PM
right ok, well i have the insimenator, (NL version), cboys censor remove, CEP and nudepotty. And I didn't have any probs before I put them objects in, I just put the objects in at the same time I added this txt file. Will try removing those objects and see if that makes any difference cause as I said, they were dining just fine before hand.

BB ~~jo~~
Test Subject
#167 Old 6th Oct 2005 at 10:39 PM
Default Camera fix will not work
:skull: Mike I cant get the camera fix to work I do not know what to replace it with I need ypur help you say save as save as what ????? Buy the way your work is great but I wish I could see all of the neighborhood could you let me know what it is to replace
Test Subject
#168 Old 14th Oct 2005 at 4:22 PM
I have used this mod in Orig and Uni and it worked great but I tried with NL and it doesn't work it zooms in on the sky of the neigbour hood and will not zoom out. is there anything I can change to get it to work?
Test Subject
#171 Old 25th Oct 2005 at 12:44 AM
I am having the same problem like most....lots of blue sky, black borders...no neighborhood (seems upside down) and limited scrolling.

Anyone have a solution to this dilemma?
Test Subject
#172 Old 26th Oct 2005 at 8:19 PM
Oh...nevermind. I figured it out! I feel stupid!

Keep squeezing them :monkey: lad!
Banned
#173 Old 28th Oct 2005 at 1:02 AM
How does this work with Uni and NL?
Lab Assistant
#174 Old 1st Nov 2005 at 3:06 AM
I had this camera mod before NL and had to reinstall my entire game. I installed it on the new game today and it doesn't work anymore. It still works perfectly for the neighborhood but when you click on a house all you get is blue sky and you see the house as a single little lot floating in the sky that you can't access.
Banned
#175 Old 15th Nov 2005 at 8:48 AM
thank you
Page 7 of 11