Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

neighborhood view fix: see whole neighborhood v1.0

by snappledude21 Posted 10th Oct 2004 at 11:29 PM - Updated 12th Oct 2008 at 3:04 AM by porkypine

261 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 254 Feedback Posts, 6 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 9 of 11
Lab Assistant
#201 Old 17th Mar 2006 at 5:28 AM
Hey Snappledude21, This works great for me , i love it.
Test Subject
#202 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 12:46 AM
Hi, I love this hack. But it doesn't work with OFB....please can you make this OFB compatible? I miss this hack.....
Field Researcher
#203 Old 27th Mar 2006 at 10:31 AM
Yes it does actually.

What happens is when you install OFB, the old hack gets overwriten, so what you need to do to make it work is repeat the procedure or rather put it back in the same place again. Then it'll work. I know because it works fine for me.
Test Subject
#204 Old 28th Mar 2006 at 4:50 PM
ok thanks I'll try it.
Test Subject
#205 Old 21st Apr 2006 at 4:56 PM
This mod is awesome! Why the game didn't come this way is beyond me, I always wondered why we weren't able to zoom all the way out to the edges and it has been a pet peeve of mine since the game came out.

I just want to mention I play on a Mac and have the base, Uni and NL and this works like a charm for me. No problems.

I'm working on a Mac group neighborhood project and really needed this to see my custom Apple Island better.

Thanks a million!
Test Subject
#206 Old 18th May 2006 at 10:38 AM
This brings forth the question "Why didn't Maxis allow us to move more freely around neighborhoods? That island part of pleasantview would be great to put houses on." You can use tab, I s'pose, but you can't place lots or decorations. And now, we have a fix. Yay! Thank you.

AC: WW addicted since March 2006.
Test Subject
#207 Old 23rd May 2006 at 10:12 PM
It's not working.
Lab Assistant
#208 Old 24th May 2006 at 6:49 AM
Any idea on how to make the rotate not go insanely fast?
Field Researcher
#209 Old 24th May 2006 at 8:20 AM
Am not sure really, I have the same issue, we all do I guess, but even that is ok considering that we get to see it all now. Haven't seen the author around this thread for a long time now.

And powerman742, it is, I am using it even now with FFS and it works. Tell us what you're doing, maybe we can help.
Test Subject
#210 Old 7th Jun 2006 at 11:20 AM
This is great, thanks
Lab Assistant
#211 Old 22nd Jun 2006 at 1:52 PM Last edited by Elizabeth46 : 22nd Jun 2006 at 3:12 PM.
I have tried this hack before and couldn't get it to work..I want this to work so I tried it again with no luck..can't figure out why it doesn't work for me and it does for so many others

Edit:
just wanted to let you know that I have finally got it to work.. yay I'm so happy. ty ty ty
Test Subject
#212 Old 30th Jul 2006 at 11:31 PM
Thank you so mutch for sharing! Please slow down the rotation speed, beside this It´s absolute wonderful to have in the game. It also would be nice to Quite see the edge of the map - but it´s not necessary, the most inportant is to slow down the rotation.
/Best regards and many thank-you-hugs from xena.north
Mad Poster
#213 Old 28th Aug 2006 at 10:56 PM
I'm so glad I came searching for this. I've had the game pretty much from when it was released but I've never needed this until I recently created my own neighbourhood. I'll be using this mostly so that I can decorate the 'hood properly.
I'm guessing if the zoom is too fast, as some people have said, that I can just reduce the values for the zoom entries to slow it down? I'll make sure I keep a backup of the original txt just incase I muck up.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
#214 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 9:54 AM
so this is like? you can see all neighborhood from you house?? the would be cool! :D
Mad Poster
#215 Old 29th Aug 2006 at 2:12 PM Last edited by Menaceman44 : 3rd Sep 2006 at 6:55 PM. Reason: Tried in game
This doesn't let you see the whole neighbourhood from inside a lot, no. This just makes it so that when you are in the neighbourhood view (before you enter a house to play) you can see all the way to the edges of the "map". Usually the cameras wont let you see that far.

EDIT:
Just want to add I am SOO glad I downloaded this as it has even fixed the reflexions in my neighbourhood view! They line up now!

Test Subject
#216 Old 10th Sep 2006 at 7:48 PM
Default This is super
This is a superhack. It's realy helpful when you stand in neibourhoodview and can't zoom to the corners of a big hood.

Besides the rotation is a bit to fast (i got a bit seasick sometimes) this is a superthing.

Thx from Liza

PS. I hope you work on that camerazoom this will be even more stunning.
Lab Assistant
#217 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 9:25 AM
I have Pets and am going to go ahead and see if this will work - it worked with all of the others including the expanions and stuff packs - if anyone knows if this works with Pets EP let me know.
Field Researcher
#218 Old 24th Oct 2006 at 1:15 PM
It works just fine with Pets, I have been playing with it for a few days now and haven't noticed any issues at all, ie business as usual - am rather relieved actually, great hack :D
Lab Assistant
#219 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 8:37 AM
im sorry, but this hack doesnt seem to work with the sims 2 pets expansion pack installed. i've had it for quite a while now, and as soon as i went into the game after i installed pets, the camera goes back to normal.
Mad Poster
#220 Old 3rd Nov 2006 at 12:59 PM
Yes, you have to alter the file again. When ever you install a new EP it overwrites the altered camera file.

Lab Assistant
#221 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
Yes, you have to alter the file again. When ever you install a new EP it overwrites the altered camera file.

Wow really? I had this working like a charm with OFB and when I installed Pets I had saved my old camera settings files and copied over the new pets one and it still resorted to the default setting.
Mad Poster
#222 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 9:10 PM
Hmm then I don't know about that. I'm just speaking from personal experience and I haven't installed Pets yet. The latest thing I installed was Glamour Life. I put this file in again and it worked fine.

Test Subject
#223 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 8:30 AM Last edited by ChristinaMarie : 25th Dec 2006 at 6:29 AM.
Maybe I missed this somewhere, but, is everyone zooming out the way they normally would, or is there another way? When I zoom out with the 'minus sign' or 'x' key, it only zooms out as far as the default view will go...is it supposed to zoom out further than that or am i just a dork?
Mad Poster
#224 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:24 PM
I use the mouse wheel to zoom in and out.

Test Subject
#225 Old 4th Jan 2007 at 7:44 PM
why when i download this file all i get is

# Camera configuration file for the Neighborhood screen.
# See cameras.txt for a description of syntax.

camera "Neighborhood" Neighborhood

zoom 1 (650 450 230)
fov (45 45 45)
clip (.6 .5 .4) (2000 2000 2000)
pitch (30 22 14) (40 45 50)

orientation 1 (0 45 90 135 180 225 270 315)

smoothing 5 8
wheel 5

constrain .9 .9 .9 .9

setparam defaultminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardrotationspeed 100
setparam keyboardrotationlerpsteps 2
setparam keyboardrotationlerpminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardtranslationspeed 50
setparam keyboardtranslationlerpsteps 5
setparam keyboardtranslationlerpminchange 0.5

setparam keyboardzoomspeed 1
setparam keyboardzoomlerpsteps 1