Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Scholar
#226 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 8:40 PM
Thanks for the update and link Kiwi-Tea.

Home movies they can watch on TV? Yay! Maybe this will also translate into letting us make our own sims tv shows again. And memories are back again. I like hearing this. There's hope yet. Though the tree house better not be an RH (pretty sure the prom will be an RH event though). Chemistry set sounds intriguing -- wonder what they can make besides stink bombs?

It's Life...there are no rules.
You can see more of my creations at www.customsims3.com
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#227 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:12 PM
Lab Assistant
#228 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:18 PM
Memoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemoriesmemories!!!!!
Forum Resident
#229 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by suzetter
Though the tree house better not be an RH (pretty sure the prom will be an RH event though).

the tree house got its own big promotion in the trailer, so it would be really stupid to do that if it only turned out to be no more then a boring rabbit hole.
Mad Poster
#230 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:27 PM
See, told people to stop calling this EP a stuff pack! Too excited for memories, maybe I can throw away my notebook of activities my sim have done or need to do. Might be easier to remember what's going on in one particular game. Woohoo! Now gossip wil contain something more than who is rich, I want it to cause lots of drama. Yay! Finally my sim have the chemistry set again, too excited for that. Always wanted one as a kid, but my parents didn't trust me enough to have it.

Dang, have to wait til June. Oh well!

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Theorist
#231 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:39 PM
Let's hope that it's early June following the pattern set by previous years, it's always nice to have a new EP the first week of Summer after school's out. I kinda doubt that though because I think that LN came a little bit late.

To be honest nothing on the info sheet excites me that much. I still think that this is going to be an amazing EP but I'm curious on what else is included. I feel like this will be the underdog EP that doesn't seem that great/lacking a central new thing but once we play it it's going to become really essential.

Hi I'm Paul!
Instructor
#232 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:40 PM

Lookie what I found.
Field Researcher
#233 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy
Lookie what I found.

Cool! Is that guy drinking that stuff? Maybe the new occult is SuperSim. :D

We are the Felegands. We will kick your ass.
Forum Resident
#234 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
Dang, have to wait til June. Oh well!

foreplay is half the fun. to me, anyways
Forum Resident
#235 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 9:51 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jay_envy

Lookie what I found.

Yay Jay!!
Scholar
#236 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:17 PM
Memories... Hm... would be excited for that, but I have to know more. Do they actually effect Sims this time around?

If they're just like the ones in The Sims 2 and they don't I couldn't care less about them.

The EP ever being purchased by me hangs on the line with that. And by ever I mean when it goes on sale for $20. There isn't any way I'm paying a cent more than that for this. There just isn't enough to it, and it has bothered me even more by making it look like it has University but it doesn't.

♫ Keeping this here until EA gives us a proper playable woodwind/brass instrument ♫
For now, though, my decorative Bassoon conversion for TS4. =)
Instructor
#237 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 10:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Laisanae
Cool! Is that guy drinking that stuff? Maybe the new occult is SuperSim. :D

Honestly, I hope they bring back all the stuff from TS1 chemistry set - Frankensim especially. The way he would freak out and go around and break shit, and wake everyone in the house up. And who can forget the clones?! They'd be a total jackass to other sims and completely mess up your relationships... ahh, the memories.
Mad Poster
#238 Old 4th Apr 2011 at 11:36 PM
Haha, totally forgot about the clones. Too many fun nights playing and trying to fix what the fake sims X would mess up. Thanks for the memories.

Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Instructor
#239 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:09 AM
Memories... ohmigod, yes!! Woooh, and fun with chemistry. I'm also very excited to find out what the new supernatural will be (I love supernaturals!).

This space intentionally left blank...
Theorist
#240 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 12:32 AM
Mmmeh Frankensim is too similar to the Simbot (heck it's even called that in the code! Or possibly EA scraped the Frankensim from Ambitions for here?) Super sim would be cool, I've had enough of the undead occults (We've had a ghost, mummy, vampire...)

The supernatural is usually unveiled pretty early. The WA trailer showed mummies, LN showed vampires, I'm not positive about whether the Ambitions trailer showed Simbots but they're on the cover so we also knew pretty early then too.

Hi I'm Paul!
Scholar
#241 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:37 AM
I'm curious, why is everybody so excited about the memories? I don't get it, do you guys not remember what you've done with your sims? Because I found the memories, at least in sims 2, kind of redundant.
Field Researcher
#242 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 1:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ebec17
I'm curious, why is everybody so excited about the memories? I don't get it, do you guys not remember what you've done with your sims? Because I found the memories, at least in sims 2, kind of redundant.

Because sometimes things happened and we missed (didn't catch it) it happening. It was a way to keep track of that.
Forum Resident
#243 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiatyn
Because sometimes things happened and we missed (didn't catch it) it happening. It was a way to keep track of that.

Especially now that life next to our active sims lives continues.
with memories we can find out what other simmies have been up to.
Mad Poster
#244 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 2:45 AM
The thing that would be the cherry on top of the whipped cream, collections! If that is announced in this EP there will be a squee heard around the world. Seriously!

Forum Resident
#245 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
The thing that would be the cherry on top of the whipped cream, collections! If that is announced in this EP there will be a squee heard around the world. Seriously!

I agree! Would be so happy if collections returned.

Cap and gown is pretty much the norm for high school graduations here in the U.S., not just university but I can see why so many people jumped to that conclusion. I wonder how the high school graduation ceremony will take place. Maybe it'll just be a message that pops up telling you your Sim is ready to graduate and then you can throw a Graduation Party like in Uni. I found that EP kind of tedious after a while but it was nice to have some time between teen and adult stage to sleep around and gain skills.

So glad we're getting memories back! I'm kind of worried about the gossip mill system though. I foresee many a Sim becoming hated by everyone in town because they flirted with some random person, something akin to the scandals in LN.

I'm curious to see what else is in the game, specifically what sort of new family interactions we're going to have. I see the pic on the box of the old woman looking disapprovingly of the grandson figure. I hope we get some kind of Nag interaction like we had in TS1.

Edit: Snooty Sims uploaded 4 pics (including the one posted above by jay) to his site. I am loving the fro! :lovestruc
Field Researcher
#246 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 3:29 AM
The mountains in the background of the wedding shot aren't familiar to me- maybe we're getting a new town with Generations?

I remember the survey EA gave a while ago, about possible new Store items and worlds- one of which was a mountain resort town with magical springs and so on. Maybe this town?
Instructor
#247 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:05 AM
I'm not so sure about the memories. They borked my game eleventy-billion times in Sims 2. I can see them causing even more issues in 3, especially if you play more than 1 household.

I'm cautiously interested. More interactions for teens, toddlers and children would be amazing. Throwing parties is sorta meh though more wedding interactions would rock my boat. I'm not sure this adds enough that I will run right out and buy it. Maybe when I see the list of new objects, clothing, hairstyles, etc I will be more excited.

Now if the Pets thing is real, I'll preorder. Especially if I can have a working farm!

"Books don't take time away from us ... They give it back. In this age of abstraction, of multitasking, of speed for speed's sake, they reintroduce us to the elegance - and the relief! - of real tick-tock time." - Home Safe, Elizabeth Berg
Instructor
#248 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rkalanu
The mountains in the background of the wedding shot aren't familiar to me- maybe we're getting a new town with Generations?

I remember the survey EA gave a while ago, about possible new Store items and worlds- one of which was a mountain resort town with magical springs and so on. Maybe this town?

Who knows? WA didn't include a new main town, although it did introduce sub-neighborhoods that can be visited.

It would be nice if there was a new town. Even nicer if there's room to place nightclubs and Ambitions lots. Remember, with every new EP, EA can't assume that any of their customers bought any of the previous EPs, so they can't include nightclubs in a new town.

On that note, I wonder what new lot types will be introduced. I'm building a world, and my goal is to include at least one of every single lot type from every EP (except Base Camp, Hidden Tomb, and possibly Market and Chinese Garden).
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#249 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:32 AM
I'd assume we're getting a playground, but that can just be a small park.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Mad Poster
#250 Old 5th Apr 2011 at 4:37 AM
Honestly I'm still thinking Aliens here of some sort for the supernatural. As I said earlier, Aliens + Telescope = Alien babies = New Life = Generations. :P

IT JUST ALL MAKES MOAR SENSE TO ME.

The one thing I'm really, really excited about is that we might get a -subhood- this time. *dies* YESSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D

Angie/DS | Baby Sterling - 24/2/2014
This account is mostly used by my sons to download CC now, if you see me active, it's probably just them!
Page 10 of 73