Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
#16626 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ZenGarden
Why did they even remove that feauture that makes objects bigger? It's not like it's hurting the game or anything, gosh.

Because you're not supposed to have fun.

This is a really weird game. I don't understand how this game was created. I really wish someone would give an interview about how this games' features were decided upon. And its crazy because yesterday I was thinking, 'I might get this game' and today I'm like, 'No, no, no, bad idea. Bad me. Bad.'
Advertisement
Alchemist
#16627 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by HunkyDory
Crinrict just confirmed no family tree in TS4.. http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/dis...omment_12394700

WILL

NOT

BUY
Instructor
#16628 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rudy90
Exactly. Nothing.

- Babies - Objects and magically appearing in a crib.
- Toddlers - OUT.
- Teens - Just as tall as adults and elders.
- Elders - Just adults with grey hair.
- Dead - No ghosts.
- No Family Tree

Oh yeah the generational aspect of this game is zero.

Thanks EA, well done, you took away my reason to play this game.

Oh wait: Children just jumping out of the crib after YOU decided to make them age..

You ommited the children.
Lab Assistant
#16629 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aa74ever
Because you're not supposed to have fun.

This is a really weird game. I don't understand how this game was created. I really wish someone would give an interview about how this games' features were decided upon.

"Will this feature take more than 10 minutes to implement?"
"Yeah..."
"Cut it."
Field Researcher
#16630 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jssimone
They are proven ineffective at moderating pretty much everything they touch, 20 minutes after opening the Sims 5 online play (you know I'm right), it's going to be a cesspool of pervs and distorted cartoon sim boobies.

I think TS:O ended up with hackers ruining the games economy and people resorting to prostitution and stripping just to make money (genuinely serious).
So yeah, EA can't moderate shit.. Expect the gallery for TS4 to be full of empty lots and 'naked ambers'.

why did i pick this username
Field Researcher
#16631 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:11 PM
Wow did the Family tree causing memory bloating ?
Why remove it ?
Another nail in the coffin for Legacy Game Play, no make that all game players (whose me Daddy & Mumma).

Another WTF moment brought to you by EA/Maxis
Alchemist
#16632 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:13 PM
MAKING FAMILY TREE'S AINT EVEN HARD maybe twallan or someone else can make one?
Instructor
#16633 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nina333
I don't know if this short video from Beyondsims has been posted yet, but I'll leave the link here anyways:
The Sims 4: Sims WooHoo | Exclusive Footage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r0B3x9LdjvM

Is it the default flyover? Hm, flies between three points of interest 30 strides or about 100 feet apart. And the final point of interest is decor that can't be reached. I see the deep exploration they've been advertising. /shade
Field Researcher
#16634 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:20 PM

They really should be implementing such a basic feature, maybe give everyone a 25c discount for each feature taken out, off the retail price.
This really has the feel of a indie start up game now, maybe it should have the same retail price.
One horse disagreer of the Apocalypse
#16635 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
Maybe this will make you feel better?

It's confirmed to be Trevor Lindsey.

Thank God for a simguru who doesn't talk to us like we're half-wits.

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
#16636 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by carpedentum
*Twitches* I am tired and emotional right now that post by Trevor Lindsey seems so patronising. Like, "I am the programmer here kids, let me explain what constraint means".

I am a programmer and I found it useful that he explained *what* constraints he was referring to!

"You can do refraction by raymarching through the depth buffer" (c. Reddeyfish 2017)
Instructor
#16637 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:26 PM
Lab Assistant
#16638 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:26 PM
Don't worry everyone, you can just pretend there's a family tree.
Field Researcher
#16639 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:27 PM

Twallan is retired.

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Forum Resident
#16640 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:28 PM
wtf...i'm so sad. why would they take the family trees.. it's just.. *going back to the roots*.. yes, sims 1 didn't have one.. but hell it got a ton of gameplay more than THIS.... this is mental....i see no chance of legacy playing here.. does even the label "cousin" exist?.
Instructor
#16641 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mishkabee
Yeah, I'd be suprised if everything was resizable when/if they patched it in as a full-blown feature. Though it'd be nice if they could find a way to scale down animations or something. Like the giant dollhouse.

Oh yeah, definitely. But with all they've taken out, it just feels barebones to me. I guess they figured that without story progression, we don't need to track our families? Or (more likely) they're just holding it back to bundle into a Generations EP.

So they'll announce family tree as a brand new feature for Generations Remake?

Now seriously, it would be cool if the delayed that family tree to make a better one with more ramifications. And so you could zoom in to your current family(e.g dad,mom,son) and zoom out to see relatives:uncles, aunts, cousins, etc.

"Family Tree, like never before."

Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
Thank God for a simguru who doesn't talk to us like we're half-wits.

Maybe it's a tendency to producers to act that way...remember Graham said something about Idk press/community training(whatever)? And Meatball once said (paraphrasing) gurus like him and Trevor were different, just normal people that like to talk about the game but were not exactly supposed to do? So they speak their minds not following guidelines, I guess.

Let's just agree to disagree.
Lab Assistant
#16642 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
wtf...i'm so sad. why would they take the family trees.. it's just.. *going back to the roots*.. yes, sims 1 didn't have one.. but hell it got a ton of gameplay more than THIS.... this is mental....i see no chance of legacy playing here.. does even the label "cousin" exist?.

I have to laugh at it otherwise I would cry. *hugs*
Field Researcher
#16643 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
Don't worry guys. Just order the 'Do it yourself family tree' set for $9.99!
Lab Assistant
#16644 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:35 PM
No family trees? What's the point of having a family then?
Field Researcher
#16645 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:39 PM
Graham really needs to lay off the sauce and stop the yoyo comments...

"Updated 8-14-2014 Graham corrects his previous statement regarding object resizing. Object resizing will be included in The Sims 4."

Posted on Honeywell's site.

I need a drink.
#16646 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:41 PM
I don't understand the family tree thing. Surely they will have family trees, just no way of seeing them?

Mad Poster
#16647 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:44 PM Last edited by RoseCity : 15th Aug 2014 at 12:06 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by BubbelsDarling
I think TS:O ended up with hackers ruining the games economy and people resorting to prostitution and stripping just to make money (genuinely serious).
So yeah, EA can't moderate shit.. Expect the gallery for TS4 to be full of empty lots and 'naked ambers'.

God, that was one immersive game.
Scholar
#16648 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lil bag2
Figures the family tree announcement is on page 666. Thanks Sims Team. The demo was actually making me want the game a little but then you went and reminded me that the family style play that was the main focus of Sims 1 and perfected in Sims 2, is no longer a thing. Gotta love when the point of your game is overshadowed by Bros and non-stop partying young adults.

Huh? The whole "children never grow up"* thing precludes generational play in TS1.

*except with a spell in Makin' Magic

Hey, if someone could make a "kids age up" / "adults die of old age" mod for TS1, we could have a TS1 Legacy.

1/8/2016: New avatar! Pre-censored for EA's approval.
3/19/2015: Teens are too close to YAs. EA needs to either shorten the teens, or add preteens and make YAs look older.
#16649 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by DrChillgood
Hey, if someone could make a "kids age up" / "adults die of old age" mod for TS1, we could have a TS1 Legacy.

There is already a kids age up mod for it. And teens. And smarter babies (by me)

Forum Resident
#16650 Old 14th Aug 2014 at 11:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't understand the family tree thing. Surely they will have family trees, just no way of seeing them?

Locked thread
Page 666 of 920