Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Forum Resident
#16676 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:06 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Inge Jones
I don't understand the family tree thing. Surely they will have family trees, just no way of seeing them?

At this time there are no plans for a family tree in The Sims 4 base game, but you can always pretend there's one [/grant]
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#16677 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Consort
Not even a familiy tree?

I hope you guys don't pay for the digital download version... playing with the box will be the best part of the Sims 4 experience... such tactile, never before technology...

That is Gold.
Another advantage with the Physical Copy and a box, EA are going to include an A3 piece of Graph paper, pencil and ruler so you can keep track of your family tree.
Quote: Originally posted by scoopy_loopy
Lmaoo... prepare to end up with hoods filled with married cousins. I mean with just 25 lots and no story progression will there be a single household left without a bit of your legacy's blood? Ew..

Hope the Banjo Music from Deliverance is included
Forum Resident
#16678 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by NecroVonK
HOW in the bloody hell are we to keep up with family ties and such with NO family tree? Jeebus.

Why family? This game is not about family.
I think it's about making fun of simmers.

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Field Researcher
#16679 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:10 AM
I am wondering, does no family tree mean just no visible family tree, or does it mean that the game will not know how sims are related to one another at all? Will children just be random children living in the house like in TS1? Wouldn't that lead to potential ickyness when the kids grow up (not an issue in TS1 for obvious reasons)? Or maybe somewhere in between, like kids and parents and recognized but, say, cousins aren't? Would love to know what it actually means.
Forum Resident
#16680 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:12 AM
Well of course you can travel between worlds now, you won't lose your family tree nor your relationships...

Forum Resident
#16681 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by GreenCats
I am wondering, does no family tree mean just no visible family tree, or does it mean that the game will not know how sims are related to one another at all? Will children just be random children living in the house like in TS1? Wouldn't that lead to potential ickyness when the kids grow up (not an issue in TS1 for obvious reasons)? Or maybe somewhere in between, like kids and parents and recognized but, say, cousins aren't? Would love to know what it actually means.

HP has dug into the game files and the game does recognize family ties Well, at least it did at some point. I would say they wouldn't go that far back, but lol really they would.

I'm not sure it keeps track of as much family ties as TS3, but there are some there. I think they just didn't create a family tree as a way to stop you from noticing everyone living on the tiny worlds are related.

EDIT - here it is:
Quote:
Familial relationships: son/daughter, grandchild, grandparent, parent, aunt/uncle, stepsibling, cousin, niece/nephew, husband/wife,
Theorist
#16682 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues
At this time there are no plans for a family tree in The Sims 4 base game, but you can always pretend there's one [/grant]

Zinga!

Instead of Bob Pancake ( or is it Pancake Bob? either way) it should be Bob Waffle or Waffle Bob as this all the gurus do, assuming they make a effort to answer a question in the first place.
Mad Poster
#16683 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:14 AM
No family trees. First, I was in shock, and I kinda peed a little. Then, I remember that they cut pools but left fountains in, so... now I'm like:

I've been keeping that exact expression for for 5 pages now.

->> Check Out Checkout: Journey To Employee Of The Month! <<-

~ Just a click a day is nothing short of helpful! ~
Alchemist
#16684 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:15 AM
Quote: Originally posted by rodrigues

At this time there are no plans to give actual money to EA. Let them pretend they are receiving funds.
Inventor
#16685 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:15 AM
They obviously don't realize how depraved some of us are. Playing out Jerry Springeresque relationships le'llol

We'll need a Sims 4 version of Maury Povich to do DNA tests to see which of ten potential fathers is the baby daddy.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Lab Assistant
#16686 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:17 AM

I'm pretty sure sims do recognise their relation to other sims; to what extent this extends, I'm not sure. I'm guessing it definitely covers the nuclear family and then probably cousins, uncles, aunties and grandparents/children too. Or so one would hope.

I think they were too busy coming up with utterly hilarious, oh so random and gripping trailers for their 'Weirder Stories. Weirder Sims.' campaign to design and implement a family tree system. After all, creating a game is a difficult process, some things have to be sacrificed at the price of others...............
Field Researcher
#16687 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:19 AM
Quote: Originally posted by joe95
I think they were too busy coming up with utterly hilarious, oh so random and gripping trailers for their 'Weirder Stories. Weirder Sims.' campaign to design and implement a family tree system. After all, creating a game is a difficult process, some things have to be sacrificed at the price of others...............

I'm just going to assume they forgot to add it. Like they forgot that men can't breastfeed, and forgot that we like our Sims games with a little more heart and a little less gimmick.
Field Researcher
#16688 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:20 AM
Thanks, rodrigues & joe95! That's really helpful

Just saw that the original quote from Crin says there are relationships but no family trees, which I guess means family relationships and supports your answers.

Interesting to see no sibling on that list, but since stepsibling is there I guess sibling must be in the game too...right?......right?...
Mad Poster
#16689 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:20 AM
We'll need a Sims 4 version of Maury Povich to do DNA tests to see which of ten potential fathers is the baby daddy.

When it comes to 2 year old The Sims 4, EA...

...You are NOT getting my money.

Forum Resident
#16690 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:20 AM
Well.. at least they didn't add toddlers with the baby's height.. just with a "little older" face. i totally see this happening. I just can not think of anything worse... probably possible in Ea's mind.
Retired
retired moderator
#16691 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:21 AM
No family trees? God. Why do I even lurk at this point? Seriously. I officially think this game is *more* throttled and bruised than Simcity 2013.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Field Researcher
#16692 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:21 AM
They obviously don't realize how depraved some of us are. Playing out Jerry Springeresque relationships le'llol

Actually, this brings up a good question. Now that there is no actual musical chime confirming conception (it's been replaced with the click on the toilet pregnancy test), how do Sim ladies figure out who the daddy is if they've "tried for baby" with multiple partners within a short period of time?

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun. ~ Katharine Hepburn
Field Researcher
#16693 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika
Well.. at least they didn't add toddlers with the baby's height.. just with a "little older" face. i totally see this happening. I just can not think of anything worse... probably possible in Ea's mind.

Maybe toddlers will be DLC stuck in a playpen.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator
#16694 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:22 AM
Just... wow. This game, man.
I was planning on getting it for the CAS alone, but playing the demo and realizing how restrictive the face sculpting actually is, I'm giving up on the last reason to get the game, because the game play just seems like a whole bunch of nothing. What reason exactly is there to get this game, seriously?
Forum Resident
#16695 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BudgieSimBoy
Hope the Banjo Music from Deliverance is included

*cleans screen*
Don't do this to me when I have a mouth full of beverage

I love that tune btw

Find my Mods: Here at MTS, over at Simlogical
Field Researcher
#16696 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:24 AM
Quote: Originally posted by YesPlease
Actually, this brings up a good question. Now that there is no actual musical chime confirming conception (it's been replaced with the click on the toilet pregnancy test), how do Sim ladies figure out who the daddy is if they've "tried for baby" with multiple partners within a short period of time?

Perhaps the father will be automatically added to the kid's relationship panel (once it turns from a baby into a child) and the relationship will be displayed there.
Inventor
#16697 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:26 AM
Perhaps the father will be automatically added to the kid's relationship panel (once it turns from a baby into a child) and the relationship will be displayed there.

Well at least I know some things to try and test out theory's.

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#16698 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:27 AM
Interesting to see no sibling on that list, but since stepsibling is there I guess sibling must be in the game too...right?......right?...

I don't know, maybe they forgot It wouldn't be the first time they forget to code something really obvious

Quote: Originally posted by joe95
I'm pretty sure sims do recognise their relation to other sims; to what extent this extends, I'm not sure. I'm guessing it definitely covers the nuclear family and then probably cousins, uncles, aunties and grandparents/children too. Or so one would hope.

Now let's hope they know what this means and stop sending TV as an invitation to bang their in laws.
Mad Poster
#16699 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:28 AM
For some reason, something keeps popping up as a virus on this thread. Anyone else?

Lab Assistant
#16700 Old 15th Aug 2014 at 1:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by missgothika

I just found this toddler render on a random Brazilian simblr! So they're coming!?
Locked thread
Page 668 of 920