Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 4 Multiplayer Mod

by sims4multiplayer Posted 29th Jun 2019 at 6:31 PM - Updated 13th Apr 2024 at 4:31 PM by sims4multiplayer

221 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 156 Feedback Posts, 64 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 9
Test Subject
#176 Old 5th Oct 2021 at 3:13 PM
Hi, can someone help me figure ouf what to do ?
Screenshots
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#177 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 6:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mallory06
Hi, can someone help me figure ouf what to do ?

Hi there, it's most likely an issue with your antivirus software that prevents the launcher to copy the mod file to the mods folder.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#178 Old 6th Oct 2021 at 6:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by biankyflowers
can you play if you dont have the same packs

Yes, you can disable packs that are not owned by all the players in the launcher settings.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#179 Old 23rd Dec 2021 at 8:10 PM
Can confirm build mode does work while in multiplayer. Was adding little things that I had forgotten like pet stuff and a outside garbage can but I was able to do go into build mode while in the game with a friend and nothing happened. I don't want to test it yet with big builds but little ones work just well. This Mod is amazing and so easy to set it up once you have everything you need for it. Great job all around.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#180 Old 5th Jan 2022 at 6:19 PM
Do you have any plans to make the same or similar thing for TS2 and/or TS3? And is it possible at all?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#181 Old 6th Jan 2022 at 3:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eca
Do you have any plans to make the same or similar thing for TS2 and/or TS3? And is it possible at all?

We have no such plans in the near future, unfortunately. It might be possible to implement multiplayer features to a certain level with Sims 3 but not quite sure, only did some very rough research.
Lab Assistant
#182 Old 19th Jan 2022 at 5:03 PM
Hey so I only learnt this when I downloaded it already, so I may just be bad at reading but you have to pay to play online, a monthly fee. Maybe put that upfront please.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 20th Jan 2022 at 10:19 PM
Only eight pages of comments? Wow! Anyway me and my bestie have played this via LAN and it has been fun! We had to restart many times due to bugging out, like they would accidentally go to CAS mid game and I would freeze (they were the host) and we'd have to restart. Another thing we met up with was the yard sale/flea market at Myshuno, we went there and only the host could do anything there during the event. Had to restart. It was the only event we tried out. THAT being said, we did not have all our CC/mods the same, the save file was mods free. Next time we're playing we'll be having the CC the same. I just don't know if any of that was the cause or if this mod has not been perfected quite there yet. Any case, this is wonderful. Fairly easy to set up and all and playing co-op is great. Hope CAS could work mid game as an non-host it is not as convenient to change up your avatar outside session like it could be for the host. Build mode works great apart from some lag after exiting it but this could be unmatching mod derived as well. I just want to say thank you, these are just my observations and not complaints. I would however love to read a list of things that aren't yet working/possible and what is. Have a lovely day!
Test Subject
#184 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 3:20 AM
Hello! First of all, thank you for such amazing work. I'm sure many players out there greatly appreciate what you have been doing!
Anyway, I'm not sure if it has been asked here, but is it possible to use this mod when I'm playing on Origin and my friend is playing on Steam? I know Steam will kick start Origin when she launches the game, but since we will be launching from S4MP launcher, not on Steam, would it still work? Thanks!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#185 Old 15th Feb 2022 at 7:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by encoder93
Hello! First of all, thank you for such amazing work. I'm sure many players out there greatly appreciate what you have been doing!
Anyway, I'm not sure if it has been asked here, but is it possible to use this mod when I'm playing on Origin and my friend is playing on Steam? I know Steam will kick start Origin when she launches the game, but since we will be launching from S4MP launcher, not on Steam, would it still work? Thanks!

Yes, it should work properly!
Test Subject
#186 Old 23rd Feb 2022 at 3:42 AM Last edited by JinxJinxedNova : 24th Feb 2022 at 2:03 AM.
My friend an I have been trying to play the sims together for weeks now and have not been able to make it work. Every time we've tried to download the mod we can't play with each other because both of us do not get a script file in the zip package. I will try to connect and it always says "failed to connect". I'm very confused as to where we are supposed to get this script file from...

Edit; we tried it where i was the host and she tried to connect to me and it worked, for whatever reason i just couldn't connect to her.
Test Subject
#187 Old 10th Mar 2022 at 9:16 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Eca

+1 that would be great :D
Test Subject
#188 Old 11th Mar 2022 at 2:54 PM Last edited by Dursus : 12th Mar 2022 at 2:26 PM.
Default infinite loading bug when travelling
mod gets broken with CC after a few hours of gameplay; getting infinite loading bug when travelling on 0.16.0-public-win. (playing on windows 7 atm)
Test Subject
#189 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 2:15 AM
Can you please help me? I can get my friend and I to get into the game at the same time but when my friend tries to click on anything while I am hosting it does not work. I can click on everything but she cannot.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#190 Old 29th Jun 2022 at 9:24 PM
I have been begging for this for YEARS!!! :o <3 THANK YOU!!! And EA couldn't do this because....? :/
Test Subject
#191 Old 17th Jul 2022 at 5:53 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ElvinGearMaster
Hey so I only learnt this when I downloaded it already, so I may just be bad at reading but you have to pay to play online, a monthly fee. Maybe put that upfront please.

I agree. I have watched the video and read a bunch of stuff about it, and they seem VERY coy about this fact. Almost like they're trying to hide that part or something. And it's like $15 too. I was gonna play with my bro, but after seeing the sneakiness of this, and the fact it seems a bit overpriced, I'll pass.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#192 Old 26th Jul 2022 at 11:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mbryo3939
I agree. I have watched the video and read a bunch of stuff about it, and they seem VERY coy about this fact. Almost like they're trying to hide that part or something. And it's like $15 too. I was gonna play with my bro, but after seeing the sneakiness of this, and the fact it seems a bit overpriced, I'll pass.

You can use Hamachi or other VPN solutions to play online with the public versions, feel free to join our Discord server to get help with that, but maintaining the online servers does cost money, unfortunately.
Test Subject
#193 Old 28th Jul 2022 at 7:22 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mbryo3939

If you're comfortable doing so, you can open the port 7654 to host your "LAN" server over IP. I honestly do find it quite sus that the mod authors do not make this public knowledge, had to go into resource monitor to find the ports for my self and my friends.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#194 Old 31st Jul 2022 at 11:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by safaro
If you're comfortable doing so, you can open the port 7654 to host your "LAN" server over IP. I honestly do find it quite sus that the mod authors do not make this public knowledge, had to go into resource monitor to find the ports for my self and my friends.

There are multiple videos and guides on YouTube and Discord about setting up port forwarding and/or VPN to use with S4MP.
Test Subject
#195 Old 4th Aug 2022 at 10:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by lukacat10
Looks really cool

Any plans to connect simcity with the sims?

OMG That would be SO COOL!!!
Test Subject
#196 Old 21st Aug 2022 at 10:07 PM
Help! I always get an "Join Game Failed" message when I try S4MP over LAN. The IP address is always right and we use the same exact save file and we're both connected to the internet. My sister hosts from her pc and I try to join from my Mac. Any solutions?
Lab Assistant
#197 Old 29th Aug 2022 at 7:17 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sims4multiplayer
Sure, but one of you should be in offline mode on Origin

Hi! I would like to know if your answer 3 years ago still applies today? Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this mod!! My qiestion was if my friend and I can use the same origin account for the mod but on two different computers
Test Subject
#198 Old 31st Aug 2022 at 8:14 PM
If my friend doesn't have all the packs can we still play together? I have almost all of them and I'll be the one hosting.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#199 Old 11th Sep 2022 at 11:31 PM
This mod has made my game even more fun now that i can play with friends, so thank you. Is this game up to date with the latest patch?
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#200 Old 30th Sep 2022 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SimsPixelPalace
Hi! I would like to know if your answer 3 years ago still applies today? Thank you so much for all the hard work you put into this mod!! My qiestion was if my friend and I can use the same origin account for the mod but on two different computers

Hi there, absolutely!
Page 8 of 9