Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Inventor
#801 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:37 AM
Crap .I can't believe i missed it,thanks .
Advertisement
Inventor
#802 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:42 AM
I have a big problem,my pc is litterally dying and i would like a big favor...Can someone with ambitions download my house and remove the laundry sheets in the upper floor please I misplaced my ambitions and HELS disc all i can find are the base game and the WA ones .

Here's The Download Link
Lab Assistant
#803 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:17 AM
Sure, I'll do that! What's wrong with your PC? Sims 3 won't run anymore?

I think Round 4 might be cursed or something. People were getting sick, having computer problems, or dropped out altogether... Myself, I got gout tormenting my toes!
Inventor
#804 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:24 AM
Thank you soooo much BGatot :lovestruc .The Sims 3 works but i misplaced my Ambitions and HELS discs .I knew i should have kept it base game compatible but no,i thought the laundry looked nice >_<

And i did notice that a large number of simmers are droping out...This round is cursed D:!!
Inventor
#805 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 12:50 PM
Well at least something good came out of me erasing my Hardrive,I got back the beautiful water effects .

Instructor
#806 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 1:15 PM
Some of the different curtain styles mix together very well on one window. I know your computer was busted Gabrielorie, but when you start playing again, maybe that's something you can play around with. I mixed two different curtains in my bedroom pic on the round 4 entry. If you look closely I bet you can figure out which ones. Some of the longer curtains go well together and you can have more colors/patterns in your curtain design.

Please consider taking part in LifesLover's "The Build To Plan" Contest. You'll make new friends and have tons of fun!
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#807 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 2:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kaylarox
Anyone know where I can download a nice fairy sim, I don't have time to make one just thought one of you may know were these beauties are hiding!

Don't know if this is what you want, but try these: http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1001225

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Lab Assistant
#808 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:02 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Don't know if this is what you want, but try these: http://www.modthesims.info/member.php?u=1001225

I'm afraid that link won't help too much since all that stuff is for The Sims 2.
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#809 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Fyendiar
I'm afraid that link won't help too much since all that stuff is for The Sims 2.

Oh crap, you're right! Oops, duh moment. It wasn't even 6:00 am here and I hadn't had my coffee yet. Sorry!!!

Heaven Sims | Avendale Legacy
"On the internet, you can be anything you want. It's strange that so many people choose to be stupid."
Inventor
#810 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 4:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by fragglerocks
Some of the different curtain styles mix together very well on one window. I know your computer was busted Gabrielorie, but when you start playing again, maybe that's something you can play around with. I mixed two different curtains in my bedroom pic on the round 4 entry. If you look closely I bet you can figure out which ones. Some of the longer curtains go well together and you can have more colors/patterns in your curtain design.

Thanks for the tip ^__^.I'll check your post when i am finished installing WA .
Forum Resident
#811 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 5:32 PM
Default Sweet Water
One curtain alternative is shades or blinds, which can be also be used with curtains.

Here's my final round house:

front (in my opinion):

kitchen:

living room:

bedroom:

ground floor:

top floor:
Lab Assistant
#812 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 6:45 PM
Very cool & neat modern house, Ciane, but the really cool thing is that it looks so different from many other people's houses (and especially mine, of course!) it is hard to believe that they share the exact same foundation! I had to take a closer look at the layout to be sure! :D
Inventor
#813 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 6:51 PM
I love it Ciane Very nice!

The Simmer formerly known as Greenlea
Forum Resident
#814 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 7:13 PM
I love what you did with the drive way, it's very neat.

Oh, man, when did the deadline sneak up so fast? Thankfully I'm not stressing out about my house... not yet, at least.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Forum Resident
#815 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:02 PM
Thanks for trying heaven.... this is really doing my head in now... I have a fairy house but I dont think I can even find fairy wings they all butterfly ones

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher
Field Researcher
#816 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 9:26 PM Last edited by Gamineannie : 10th Aug 2010 at 9:30 PM. Reason: Forgot Credit!
To all contestants - great entries! I love all of them for one reason or other - glad I'm not a judge, it would be too hard to pick one over the other!
Here is my final round non-entry for your enjoyment.
In the near future, the world overpopulation will threaten to cause famine and suffering, for the planetary resources will not be able to keep up with demand. Thankfully, the World Space Agency will have a solution. Volunteers will be able to take a colony ship into outer space and settle new planets with untouched resources. One such ship will be the SS Jade Empress - with 3000 settlers from all Asia, including Japan, Korea, Vietnam, Shang Simla, Laos and one extended family of Nepalese Sherpas. These brave settlers will be delivered to the solar system of the star Thuban, in the constellation Draco, where there is an Earth-SIMilar planet, Simtopia, awaiting them. The Earth ship is scheduled to return with more supplies and settlers after one year.
Next year - no ship yet, but the settlers have planted many Earth plants, which are thriving in the rich Simtopian soil. One plant, the flame fruit, has however led to an amazing discovery. Simtopia is inhabited - by highly intelligent dragons, who have acquired a taste for flame fruits and apples. The settlers and dragons eventually come to a mutually beneficial agreement and things progress wonderfully and peacefully for the next thousand years.
Still no Earth ship! But let's take a look at one settler in particular. Arella Cho is a brand new dragon priestess, recently assigned to the southernmost Dragon Temple on Key Wakan. She will maintain the temple for all dragon pilgrims, provide medicinal and nutritional support as needed, and enjoy the use of the Temple Lodging, a small but sturdy dwelling built of fire-proof volcanic basalt.
Welcome to the Dragon Temple Lodging on Key Wakan!

The lodging is built right up to the mouth of the Temple Mountain Cave. Note the Draco Terranadonidae on his way into the cave! Two pools at the base of the mountain are home to dragonfish, who enjoy the fiery outpourings of the mountain volcano.

Here's the view from the side garden, so you get the full Dragon Mountain effect! This would be Bonus Pic 1.

The first floor of the Lodge contains the living room, small dinette, bathroom and kitchen. The deck leads to the street, back garden and temple cave, and provides Ariella with an easel and telescope for skill-building.

The second floor holds the loft bedroom and an exercise area with treadmill, so Ariella can stay fit for her sometimes strenuous job. Two large windows provide ample views of approaching dragons.

Ariella enjoys reading in the living area. She also has a desk with communications unit to keep in touch with her colleagues and the High Priestess.

This sunny and bright kitchen makes food preparation easy and relaxing!

A view of loft bedroom. Warm colors help our intrepid priestess relax at night.

Bonus Pic 2: This is the view from behind the altar in the temple cave.

A small zen garden provides a lovely spot to sit and watch the stars. Perhaps one day a ship may appear. Note the Draco Carnivorensis helping herself to some flame fruit.
The two "dragon" visitors and the rideable dragon "automobile" are CC from this site. The dragon cave, dragon topiaries, dragonfish spawners and fruit and veggie spawners are available in-game in buydebug (WA needed for cave and dragonfish, Ambitions for topiaries). The roof deco is from buy mode - decor and I think came with the base game. The terrainpaint is by Simmiller. I tried to use non-CC textures, but sometimes it is hard to tell. If I used YOUR texture, thank you for sharing it! Key Wakan is actually Armiel's Builder's Island - I love building here, it is fast-loading and unencumbered with extra buildings!
Hope you enjoy! And good luck everyone in this final round!
Lab Assistant
#817 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:20 PM
Alan_Gast, you have a good start on that house, it's very cute. But where do you have the street? If that's the front view of the house I think it's turned the wrong way.
Forum Resident
#818 Old 10th Aug 2010 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Alan_Gast
Hi! I got back from London at like 11.30 at night last night, but I started work on my entry. I'm not sure what the theme is yet (I don't really know about the dressmaker thing? )But anyway, heres the basic shell:

This will probably change. Any tipz?

The roof feels a little too flat. Maybe try a few different roof types and angles so it's not so flat.

[you say you believe me but you don't deceive me]
Inventor
#819 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 1:21 AM
Gamineannie I love your theme and landscaping,well i love the everything .May i suggest you one thing?The foundation texture looks kinda wierd there...A stone one whould have looked better .But thats just my point of view
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#820 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:40 AM
Does this round really finish on August 13th?? D: My house has only the exterior done D:

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Lab Assistant
#821 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 2:57 AM
@Vampire aninyosaloh, real life took all of your time? Usually you're such a fast builder!
I aim to misbehave
retired moderator
#822 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 3:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by BGatot
@Vampire aninyosaloh, real life took all of your time? Usually you're such a fast builder!

Yeah, I had a huge problem in RL, and in the few moments I had I was learning to mesh.. but I know how to mesh now, so it was worth it xDD Also my RL problem turned out alright today, so that's why I see the date now

Check out my tutorials: For TS4: Eyelashes and for TS2: Eyes and Eyes 2
-My Insta-

Please, call me Nina (:
Field Researcher
#823 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:28 AM
Thank you gabrielorie! I know the texture on that section of foundation is not "suitable", it's only there to indicate the flaming terrain that is contacting it. The house will never be uploaded, so I thought I could get away with that little joke for the chatters.
I loved all your builds for the contest and wish you the best of luck this round - keep those scores improving!
Field Researcher
#824 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 4:51 AM
I think I'll turn in for tonight, but first I want to thank Hysterical Paroxysm, the judges and all the creators for widening my horizons. After looking over the first round entries and seeing the incredible variety of building styles suitable for the same foundation, I took a look at my own building. Since my Sims continuously have route failures, I had taken to building large roomy homes for them. Mostly in the Southwestern style to boot. After some gameplay I'd get bored and start a new batch of Sims with a new house (I love building!). This contest has made me try new sizes of lots and building styles. Right now I have a modern mansion, a hacienda and will next try the grungy look again, so I can play around with CFE. The modern mansion, I realize is just TOO BIG, since I don't have any ideas for the rest of the space. It has to go and I have to try again in a more manageable size. The point is you have all made me reassess how and what I build. Everyone of you has put the fun and creativity back into Sim-building. Thank you!
Forum Resident
#825 Old 11th Aug 2010 at 5:00 AM
How did you get the did dragon rock ... frick its coolio!!

Official Foundation Challange Contestant. R1-R2-R3-R4

BLOGGER A Random Legacy - Vasher

Page 33 of 39