Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
#6976 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 8:55 PM
Not exactly something that's been happening in my game, but I've been playing around with the Plum Tree App, which seems to have been made with TS4 in mind, but you can make it work with TS2 just as easily. The main thing I like about it is that is very neatly displays multiple significant others of the same sim, whereas sites like Family Echo make a huge mess of that and insist on there only being one current partner. The idea behind Plum Tree App was that one tree is supposed to represent a single legacy family, so you actually add spouses as a secondary occupant of the main sim's node, and can't add family for them in that tree. However, instead of having a huge single cross-connected tree, you can create multiple trees and link them together, which also makes things neater and which you can't do in Family Echo. I've created and linked a whole bunch of trees in Plum Tree App to depict my neighborhood, and the result is much neater than the Family Echo tree was: https://www.theplumtreeapp.com/publ...d9b44d5cc951d5e. I've followed the general rule that each tree is for only the sims born with a particular last name and their significant others, the significant others having no information in that tree and being linked back to their own tree, except for some townie spouses who don't have their own trees. If a sim has children that don't share their birth surname, those children aren't displayed in their tree but instead in the appropriate significant other's tree.
Advertisement
Scholar
#6977 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 10:32 PM
After Don died, Cassandra told Enrique that it was her only remaining wish to see him get married. While he was on a date with Marisa Bendett, Enrique thought about what his mother said, and he decided to make her happy--by asking Bobbi Broke to marry him. After all, he still loves Bobbi, he talks to her every day, and she is his oldest and closest friend. He took Bobbi out for a nice date and popped the question, then brought her home to tell Cassandra. They got married then and there, which made Cassandra very happy. She passed away later that night at the age of 69. Bobbi brought in a lot of money that she had inherited from her mother, which plus Cassandra’s life insurance settlement would really help the family with paying their bills and Isabella’s college tuition. Bobbi got pregnant right away, and also set about making friends with her new stepdaughter, Jade. (I probably wouldn’t have had Enrique get married if Gina hadn’t died, but Isabella is gay and someone needs to pass on Don’s genes!)
Mad Poster
#6978 Old 25th Sep 2021 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
(I probably wouldn’t have had Enrique get married if Gina hadn’t died, but Isabella is gay and someone needs to pass on Don’s genes!)

I mean, I believe we *do* have technology now for women to have children with other women, using bone marrow, so I always allow lesbian couples to get pregnant via hacks if they roll the want.
Scholar
#6979 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 12:57 AM Last edited by sturlington : 26th Sep 2021 at 1:10 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by kestrellyn
I mean, I believe we *do* have technology now for women to have children with other women, using bone marrow, so I always allow lesbian couples to get pregnant via hacks if they roll the want.

Yes, that is an option. However, playing wants-based as I do, my gay Sims usually only roll the want to adopt. I bet there's a mod to change that, but I don't have it. Also, Enrique did roll the want to marry Bobbi--although I know it was fleeting, I take a secret delight in my Romance Sims wanting to get married. Too bad I know how to lock their wants.

Gina was a Family Sim, so she would have given me more than enough babies, but since she died before she got the chance, Enrique was the next best option. Both he and Bobbi are so cute, too--I think their kids are going to be very good-looking.
Instructor
#6980 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 1:49 AM
I just had my very first ever sim buy lemonade from a sim-kid. Thank you Mortimer Goth!!

I wish I would've gotten a picture of him buying it but I was inside attending to Beau's needs and I just happened to overhear Bobby talking and the clattering of coins. At least I managed to catch Mortimer with his cup.

Edit: is there like a percent chance of a sim buying it? Because to have this be my first time in however many years this game has been around for...wow. Normally my kids just sit there alone forever. So I was very surprised by this.
Mad Poster
#6981 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 2:19 AM
Yes, that is an option. However, playing wants-based as I do, my gay Sims usually only roll the want to adopt. I bet there's a mod to change that, but I don't have it. Also, Enrique did roll the want to marry Bobbi--although I know it was fleeting, I take a secret delight in my Romance Sims wanting to get married. Too bad I know how to lock their wants.

Gina was a Family Sim, so she would have given me more than enough babies, but since she died before she got the chance, Enrique was the next best option. Both he and Bobbi are so cute, too--I think their kids are going to be very good-looking.

There is a hack for that - TwoJeffs' HaveChildNotAdopt, which turns most adoption wants into Have a Baby wants (although if sims have already adopted they can still roll the adoption want as well, I've have sims that rolled both simultaneously). Alternatively, there is his BabyWantsFix which just makes it so that either having a baby the "normal" way or adopting it will satisfy both wants. I actually use both of them, because the adoption wants are so rare for no good reason.
Scholar
#6982 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 2:02 PM
Thanks. I may try the BabyWantsFix, so my gay and infertile Sims have the option of artificial insemination and surrogacy in place of adoption, and my infertile Sims also can use adoption to satisfy the want to have a baby--that broadens the possibilities a bit. I don't mind adoption--I've gotten some interesting Sims that way--but it also would be nice to try to keep passing on the Goth/Lothario genes.
Mad Poster
#6983 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 9:22 PM
Don died at the age of 68.
[Cassandra] passed away later that night at the age of 69.
This is getting scary. I turn 70 next month!

(i still feel more like 17.)

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Forum Resident
#6984 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 10:07 PM
@AndrewGloria That seems impressive to me! In my country it would be very rare to find someone of that age playing the sims. I wish more people did. :lovestruc
Scholar
#6985 Old 26th Sep 2021 at 11:06 PM
The life of Pierce Johnson - so far anyway.

I loaded into the Johnson household on a Thursday morning. Pierce Johnson was a former Bluewater Village townie who now lives in a luxurious apartment in Belladonna Cove. He hates his landlord and one of his neighbors. He fell in love with Chastity Gere and tried to persuade her to marry him. It failed. He then lost his Level 10 job as a Hall of Famer due to a bad chance card. After that, he decided to bite the bullet and ask Chastity to marry him once again - but this time with a twist! He asked her on a date first, that always seems to win the ladies. Unfortunately however, it seems his memory got a bit jumbled up. He now regrets breaking up with Lola when in fact, the two never dated. EVER. His life is a big torment. What is & what isn't?
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6986 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote:
In my country it would be very rare to find someone of that age playing the sims. I wish more people did.

You would be very surprised at the ages on this board.
AndrewGloria is only 4 years older than I am.

I bet there are a few here about the same age if not older. We're just big kids pretending to be adults.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Scholar
#6987 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by AndrewGloria
This is getting scary. I turn 70 next month!

(i still feel more like 17.)

I just want to say that I feel like at 68, 69, and 70, you still have a lot of good times ahead of you--which is why I modded my Sims to have longer lives. Unfortunately, that didn't apply to premade adults like Don and Cassandra, but I'm sure it applies to you. Happy birthday, early!
Forum Resident
#6988 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:23 AM
I love that about the sims
Scholar
#6989 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:53 AM
Hugo Goth in college: Hugo went to college with his friend Brittany Broke plus Johnny Ruben and the three freshman students from the bin. He studied Physics, as did Brittany, and they maintained their friends with benefits relationship. He also developed a little pot belly, like his dad’s (that freshman fifteen!). As a side note, Jared Starchild developed a huge crush on Hugo during college, but Hugo is not gay, so it was totally one-sided, and therefore cute but a little sad; Hugo sincerely thought they were just good friends and thought nothing of sleeping in the one double bed in the dorm with Jared. After graduation, Hugo moved in temporarily with Lucy and Dustin and followed in his dad’s footsteps by getting a job in the Paranormal career. While Hugo is friends with Lucy, Dustin does not like him much, so this living arrangement probably won’t last long.

Isabella Goth in college: Isabella was a couple of years behind Hugo. She went to college with Aaron Caliente, her friend and half-nephew, I think (she’s Don’s daughter, he’s Don’s grandson). She majored in Drama, but she did not keep up with her studies and was expelled junior year. She had to move back in with her family and plans to be a professional artist.
Forum Resident
#6990 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:00 PM
Marveling at the new lot imposters from the latest RPC launcher update. Never thought they'd look presentable and that they do makes my hoods feel soooo much better. Second pic shows the difference with an unupdated imposter on the left and an updated one on the right.
Screenshots
#6991 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:30 AM
At the Piccolo household...

Sebastian King started his morning by calling his half-sister, Clarissa Piccolo, who just moved to college. He misses her a ton. She has never treated him differently for being the result of their father's affair with the housekeeper. Lately their father, Henry, has been giving Sebastian a hard time for struggling with the ladies. Henry says, "What's the matter with you son? When I was your age, the girls couldn't keep their hands off of me" and it bugs Sebastian who wants to make a real connection with someone. He doesn't want to be anything like his father.

Sebastian stayed late after school for basketball practice. He ran into Marsha Bruenig in the cafeteria and complimented her outfit - he had his older sister's clothing obsession to thank for his fashion knowledge. They hit it off really well, and she's a Family aspiration too. He had heard rumors she was seeing one of the Romana boys, but he couldn't help but ask her to dinner at his family's country club (the only perk of being Henry Piccolo's son). It was there that he had his Very First Kiss and suddenly wasn't feeling so down in the dumps.

Back home, there were many birthdays to celebrate. Their Doberman puppy, Duke, aged to an adult. Catherine Piccolo and Diane King were aging to elders, and Francis Piccolo was aging to teen. Nobody wanted to have a party (there have been way too many parties at their manor lately) so they had an intimate evening celebrating together. Henry congratulated Sebastian on his win with Marsha, and Francis rolled the Knowledge aspiration. He immediately started talking about the environment and politics with his father. Henry knows there's no way his son will be as good with the ladies as he is, but Francis has a lot of potential to do good for the Piccolo name. Francis wants to start a research project involving astronomy, so Henry bought him a nice big telescope for his birthday. Diane ended the night with a visit from one of her lovers, of course.

Everyone is so grown up - the parents are elders, Clarissa is in college, the boys are teenagers - except for little "whoopsie baby" toddler Louis. Catherine, Henry, and Diane are tired of trying to portray a certain image now that they're older, so we'll have to see how that influences Louis as he grows up.

At the Romana household, the teens Regina, Crassus, and Marcus all have love on the brain. Regina has been rejected twice by Orlando to go steady, Crassus can't stop thinking about Marsha Bruenig, and Marcus just wants to flirt with anybodyyy but all the boys he's interested in are straight. Everyone wanted to call Corona at college since she was the big sister who took care of everybody (I think she's best friends with almost all of her siblings) Aemilia is dealing with both a cold and pregnancy, but it's not too bad considering all of the kids go to school now except toddler Decima. Julia cannot wait for her little sibling, as you can see she's jumping on the bed while mommy is trying to rest

This afternoon, Aemilia and Julius welcomed their 11th child into the world, a girl. They named her Ultima, which means "last" in Latin, since they definitely won't be having anymore babies with Aemilia being 1 day away from elder. Their eldest daughters, Corona and Regina, become adults in 2 days. Ultima will probably end up being closer in age to some of her future nieces/nephews than her own siblings! Pictured are Regina and Crassus, both Family aspirations, taking care of their little siblings Decima and Ultima.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6992 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 6:40 AM
It is with great sadness that Nevyn Muenda-Reaper announces the passing of his mother, Mrs Olive Specter. A former professional party guest and close friend of the Reaper, Olive was well-known throughout the Strangetown area, and particularly within the Dead community, which frequently gathered in her garden. She is predeceased by her parents, Peponi and Lerato Muenda, by her sister, Willow Nigmos, and by her husband, Ichabod Specter. In addition to her son, Nevyn, she leaves a niece, Ophelia Nigmos, whom she raised as a daughter. Nevyn will continue to liaise with the Dead, while Ophelia is serving the Living as a law enforcement officer.
Forum Resident
#6993 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 6:43 PM
Robin "Awkward Robin" Logren (former Pleasantview townie Randy London) died of old age. He had recently taken up a parttime job in the entertainment career and been promoted to a birthday mascot. His last workday, and indeed his last day in general, he had the chancecard event in which a kid gets scared of his taking-off-his-thumb-trick which he tried to smooth over by making a balloon animal which proceeded to pop, which felt very in character for him. Then as he got home, the grim reaper was waiting for him, so the poor sod didn't even have time to change out of his work outfit and thus died wearing the clown hat. Luckily I have a default replacement for the costume so at least his ghost won't have to haunt the place wearing a full clown get-up. He was buried next to his daughter Lovemore and first husband Phoenix.
His second husband Kenny decided to move out after Robin's death, as he barely knows the two remaining household members. However, the newspaper had been stolen, and the computer was broken. I figured he was in a good enough shape to fix it without too much risk though, but apparently I figured wrong because not only did he get a shock but one that killed him. I was on the fence whether to bury him in the garden or send his grave to a community lot but ended up letting it stay.

Twins Brahe Neighbour and Copernicus Sulsul grew up to adults. Brahe stayed in the little house with an on-lot stylist business she bought in her latter teens, and Copernicus moved into a house with his girlfriend Liana. Brahe leveled up twice in her businesses and took out the cash prize for both, which gave her 50 000 simoleons in total that she immediately spent on two new community lots, so that she now has four of the five businesses she dreams of owning. Copernicus climbed in his career in the medical track towards his dream of becoming chief of staff. He had to go to work after school on his birthday, which I had forgotten to check, so that part of his birthday gathering was spent with him away and his guests playing with his model train.

Their parents, Champagne and Piel-Divina, spent some quality time with each other the day before their own birthday. They had a date in Bluewater village, where they also took the time to visit Brahe's small store and give her a tip. Then they and their newly moved out son Copernicus happened to be at Club Dante at the same time, just as they were getting busy. Copernicus was trying very hard to concentrate on the tv and pretend that his parents weren't making out right behind him. At least this gave Piel-Divina the opportunity to gift Copernicus the aforementioned model train, that I had forgotten to bring with Copernicus as he moved out and that P-D was conveniently carrying with him.

Champagne's sister Godspeed is also nearing her birthday, as are her teenage sons Hurricane and Crescendo. As they'll soon grow up, and have a business in their home, Godspeed will move out of that house and in with Champagne and P-D when she ages up, so she spent some time with them at home and at the sports hobby lot since that's something they're all interested in. She also went on an afterwork at Club Caliente with her friend Teodor, where she continued working and making some extra cash being a DJ.

Samus Larsen became a child and visited her aunt Savanna and main Strangetown for the first time. She keeps calling Savanna and one of her uncles, so she'll probably be a primary or secondary family sim in the future.

I am Error.
#6994 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 1:47 AM
I do love my current hood, but I've decided to (slowly) start developing a medieval/fantasy themed hood!

I'm currently in the very basic planning stages: thinking of setting, story, characters, and generating a CC list. I just had the idea that some of the families in my medieval hood can be the ancestors of my founding families in Luna Canyon. That would be the Piccolo, Romana, Fraser, and Parker families. I will probably keep Fraser since it's based on Outlander, but I'd like to change the other surnames to be slightly different. If anyone has any suggestions please do share!
In Luna Canyon, the Piccolo's are the official founders and run the town. They own the most land, have the most influence in politics, and are known for their lavish parties. All of their first names (Henry, Catherine, Francis, etc.) are based on historical and fictional royalty. I do not want them to be the royal family in my medieval hood, imagine what Catherine Piccolo would do with that knowledge! I do think it's fitting that they are nobles, at least.
The Romana's are my main farming family, with 11 kids, and a frequent visit from the Repo Man. I think it's fitting that they are farmers and peasants in my medieval hood. Since they are the "Roman" family, I think it's fitting I continue to use Latin words for all of their first names. However, I think the last name "Romana" needs to slightly change.
The Parker's are also farmers in Luna Canyon, but much more leisurely. They love having a good time and enjoying nature and life to the fullest. I am going to have a PlantSim community, polygamous "fairies" that live in treehouses and bond with animals. I would love for my Parker family to have come from a line of fairies.

With Real Life, who knows how far I'll get with this project. It's just really exciting to start organizing, at least. Can't focus on my homework right now because I'm so excited about it!
Mad Poster
#6995 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 3:25 AM
It's moving day in Arundel!
All those pixels who are engaged to one another are moving out to their own houses, those who are unattached are not moving at all. Bobby Carroll joined the Townies because he's lost all hope of a normal love life, or even finding his 'Ms. Right' in his lifetime. He invited another townie into his house, telling him, "You can have this place, I'm tired of this town."
There will be some new faces to move in, while the established families will move out to larger houses.
The first of the babies will also be born today.

Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
Scholar
#6996 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 11:41 AM
I was testing out some new custom content so I played Dustin Broke though college, and in all four years of college he didn't get one creativity skill point. I love Dustin, but that seems about right.
Forum Resident
#6997 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 6:29 PM
No photos of the game itself until it's done, but I'm creating my own custom neighborhood from scratch! I wanted to be able to build every single building within the town entirely myself, including what most would consider "rabbitholes" when playing TS3. Things like job sites, like city hall or office buildings, fully furnished.

Here's my little tracker so far...

(There's also some more 18+ lots, but nothing I'd share here! lol)
Screenshots

I ramble a lot, and get confused easily, so my apologies to you in advance.
Scholar
#6998 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 8:41 PM
My current Strangetown is unlike any hood I've played before. I've always focused on 'happy families', pairing Sims off with their bestie of the opposite sex (usually; probably about one in fifteen of my households is same-sex), getting them married and letting them decide when to start a family - which in most cases doesn't take long. But with this Strangetown, I'm putting off all relationship decisions until the specific want is rolled, and at this rate the hood is going to die out, with only Pascal's and Vidcund's alien children being born!

Ajay Loner can't decide between Loki's wife and Loki's sister (maybe he actually wants Loki and just doesn't know it yet? They're both into lycanthropy, which the women are not). Lazlo and Crystal are living together and going steady, but show no interest in getting engaged. Ditto for Johnny and Ophelia. Family-aspiration Jenny Smith has had a constant fear of having another child and never rolled a want to have one; PT just rolled the want but Jenny's too old now. Romance-aspiration Chloe Curious wants to woohoo but can't stand anyone outside of her own family. Ripp Grunt, whom I thought would be partying and woohooing his way through college, is constantly rolling wants to study instead. I'm beginning to think their aspirations just aren't working.

The LGU grads are all free-wheelin' singles, most of them sleeping with each other and everybody else they meet. All the females except Sara Bellum are on birth control - Sara's too focused on her career to bother with relationships so doesn't need it. Popularity-aspiration Andy Bellum has more lovers than his roommate, Romance-aspiration Hi Thyme. He showed up on a community lot where one of his lovers, Helen Wheels, was woohooing in the photo booth with a professor and cheered her on - which is odd, because I don't have a no-jealousy mod. Back home, he rolled a want to kiss JoAnn Gutenberg, so I had him call her, thinking maybe this was going to lead to some commitment - but whatever he did with JoAnn, he promptly rolled the want to do the same with Helen! Later, JoAnn wanted to woohoo, so I had her call Hi (who was looking for his third woohoo partner); afterwards she rolled a want to get engaged to him but Hi, of course, fears such a commitment and distracted himself by calling Ida Juana Knowe, who is also Andy's lover. She came over, but Hi's tone-deaf landlord kept interrupting them to tell jokes, and then Andy got a chance-card promotion and came home early, so Hi will have to wait.

I have no idea where this hood is going. Maybe they'll settle down later in life and be elderly parents. Maybe the aliens will take over because nobody else is breeding. Or maybe Loki will start a werewolf collective (several other male Sims are interested) and they'll 'steal' kids from out of town to join their cult.
Mad Poster
#6999 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 9:59 PM
You don't have to have the conventional "Go steady, get engaged, get married, have 2.3 children" if you don't want the hood to die out. In fact, that's possibly a good alternative 'lifestyle' you might want to explore. Strangetown is named that because very strange things happen there-and the normal rules of life don't necessarily apply.

Scholar
#7000 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 11:19 PM
I just have to say that Loki makes the most fun werewolf. I loved playing him as one.

Still testing out custom content and some new play rules, I'm jumping around houses in a new Pleasantview install. Played the Pleasants. Daniel met Nina and of course they had chemistry so he took her out on a date. Then went to play Nina. Daniel called her up for an outing that I thought was a date, but he brought John Burb, Kaylynn (who is mad at him, so I don't know why she was even there), and his wife. Nina promptly ruined that marriage.
Page 280 of 349