Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hospital gowns *request*

by Momodoll Posted 30th Dec 2005 at 9:00 PM - Updated 28th Jul 2009 at 11:13 PM by Momodoll

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 66 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
Original Poster
#26 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 1:17 PM Last edited by xxbethany275xx : 31st Dec 2005 at 1:27 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by netseeker2
Hi Nukapei,

You hit the nail right on the head.... It's about hospital ethics and morals and just common decency - allowing the patients to maintain a modicum of decency as much as possible. I would hate to be subjected to wearing a hospital gown this short myself - I'd be afraid to move - it's bad enough as it is with the ties in the back missing in the mid-section most of the time, nevermind adding shortness to the problem. I understand she was trying, but as a creator myself, I do *try* at least a little bit to make whatever I'm intending to make to resemble it. I don't just slap a lot together in a half hour's time and throw it out there and except people to like or download it. I spend time, researching it, making all the homecrafter material (walls, floors & terrain paints too if needed) before I even start building it and when I build it I make sure I got as close as possible to it as I can in resemblance - with game and lot size limitations taken into account. I'm sure the author of this gown could've found a somewhat longer piece of attire in the game itself to base it on. I take pride not only in what I create but in my work in the medical profession and whilst I know a lot of people lose a lot of their dignity in the hospital, at least the shortness of the gowns aren't attributing to it (maybe the fact that the ties in the back are missing might but not the length of the gown itself - unless the person is extraordinarily tall). So I'm sorry if I offended the author, but please don't call this a "hospital gown" because it's not - a backless nightie maybe, a "sex clinic gown" maybe, but NOT a hospital gown, and all I did with my original message if anyone cares to read it as it was written was state facts and say I wasn't going to download it because it's too short. Which is the truth of the matter. That's all I was trying to say. I know the author of this gown is rather young still by the response I got back from her, but still that doesn't negate the fact that she could've chosen a longer more suitable piece of attire in the game to base the gown on.

netseeker2

Sorry if you don't like it :lonely:

Okay, yeah, I am kind-of young still*, But I did research it and I did the best I could with what I had to work with :lonely: . If you would like to remake it from scratch, be my guest. You may realise that clothing takes a while and you may just realise that it is not just something I slapped together in half an hour. The tie at the back is NOT missing, it's just my bad choice of hair that hides it. Thank you to everyone else who has stuck up for me and if you don't like it, fine, Netseeker. Go make you own and stop waisting your own time criticizing my work.

(*If I was older I wouldn’t have a Nan which Is a shame because she is my only living grand-parent and I love her dearly)

If you think it looks like something somone would wear at a "sex clinic" maybe you should use it as that.
Test Subject
#27 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 3:17 PM
I can't believe everyone made such a big freaking deal about this. This isn't the only hospital gown on MTS (search 'hospital' and at least five come up), and it was constructive criticism, which helps to become a better artist in any arena.
Test Subject
#28 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 4:44 PM Last edited by xParanormalPunkx : 31st Dec 2005 at 5:24 PM.
Now this really is a bitter thread. Let's all take a look at what you're arguing over. And does it really matter whether it looks realistic or not? But thanks anyway netseeker for your opinion but, I am sorry to say, I think that it was appauling on how you called this outfit from a 'sex clinic'. I personally think that Bethany did a good job with the outfits and that no harsh critisism should be needed. Everything you do, there will always be one little mistake about it. But just look at the good points about it, ok?
Instructor
#29 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 7:27 PM Last edited by netseeker2 : 31st Dec 2005 at 7:57 PM.
Hi xxBethany,

I am sorry I offended you my intention in the first post was merely to inform you that the gown was too short to be a hospital gown and that I'd have downloaded them if they weren't that short because you did a good job on them otherwise. But when everyone started jumping all over my case because of that single message, I needed to clarify (because obviously for some even pictures are beyond their comprehension skills - not you but someone else on here that I shant name now as it must be obvious by now). I am also sorry for saying it would be more suitable as a "sex clinic" gown but it is not a hospital gown.

I am not inferring that because you have a grandmother you're rather young. My grandmother (and I'm sure I'm probably old enough to be your mother) only died earlier this year. It is more the way you worded the message about your grandmother being in the hospital that told me you were still very young. And that's alright too, there's nothing wrong with being young and talking the way you do. No criticisms there at all, I have kids probably about your age or maybe a little older and they talk like that too.

All I was trying to get across is that I wished you had used a longer piece of clothing in the game to base the gown on, and that if you had've I would've downloaded it, because you did a good job on making the textures look like hospital gowns and the missing draw string near the lower back would just be typical of hospital gowns anyhow, so I wasn't holding that against you either.

Just the length.... That's all. And I tried to explain why those hideous things are so long on women and don't have any style to them - because essentially hospitals buy one size gowns for all adults (made to fit all men & women) and one size for kids - babies and newborns get their own jammies, which are way nicer looking and more tailored to their body sizes.

My original message meant no ill intents nor offense and I do hope you understand that.

But when I get jumped on from all quarters I bite back. I'm not a docile thing - I tend to growl and bite if necessary when I get attacked especially for no apparent reason, just because the person doing the attacking is too dense to understand what I said - which isn't my fault that they can't understand pictures let alone words. I had nothing to do with the things they were or weren't taught. (Again that reference has nothing to do with you - just so you know I'm NOT talking about you just about someone else in this thread).

There is a much easier way to clarify things, then jumping all over someone's case when the reader doesn't understand what's being said (but then most people won't do that in a public forum because they risk looking stupid - so it's much easier to attack then it is to just ask) and that is simply to do as they would if they were talking to someone face to face, and say "I'm sorry, I don't understand, would you care to explain that statement to me?" Very simple, effective and polite way to handle such misunderstandings. And maybe all of this "bitterness" could've been avoided.

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by xxbethany275xx
Anyhow.... As for requesting stuff.... I don't normally do that. I just take whatever is offered, if I like it. I don't normally offer constructive criticism either but felt this was in line tonight given the brevity of these "gowns". Guess I won't be offering any constructive criticism to anyone on here any more either, because it seems everyone gets all touchy feely and upset about it and can't figure out that it's meant to help and not hurt.

Thankyou for posting that last bit, netseeker. I understand what you mean now. My nan is having an opp on her upper leg, that is why I got the impression that they all were short (because my nan's is basically just a top, not that iv'e been looking, she told me.)

But I did spend quite a bit of time making these so please don't say It 's just something iv'e "slapped together" and called a "hospital gown". Here is a picture that explains why your remarks where slightly out of order. I am not trying to be mean, but maybe you should know that If I had a meshing programme I would of made them longer. But I don't.

Instructor
#30 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 8:43 PM
Hi xxBethany,

I am really glad that we resolved our misunderstandings. And I really hope that you continue to make simmie things because this gown was a good attempt and I'm sure as you go along you'll only get better. We all do with practice.

Thank you for such a nice message, you're a sweetheart.

My kids are in their late teens and early 20s and I would hazard a guess that you're within that age bracket or very close to it. Maybe you're in your mid-teens (which is pretty close to "late teens").

Given that you're from the UK according to your signature, I will take that Stone Henge compliment as a HUGE one, as I've never left the shores of North America, so I have never seen Stone Henge, as much as I really would like to. So thank you for such a nice compliment on it. I value the compliments from the people who actually reside within the area of the lot I built more than all other compliments on that lot.

Which brings me back to the issue of "youngness". My youngest - my son who is only 18 but even when he was still only 16 and TS2 first came out built way better lots that I've built. In fact many of the "techniques" I use to create my lots with now, he taught me. He's the one that issued the request for the "invisible wall" to which Numenor responded with his invisible window wall set, because my son wanted it in order to make a fancy staircase for a house he was building. He won't post anything he builds on the net though, but trust me, if you think my lots are good you ought to see his. So age has nothing to do with it. You either "have it" or you don't or you're like me (somewhere in the middle). And I'm only somewhere in the middle because I was taught by someone who "has it" naturally and is much younger than me. So I'm not discounting you because of your age, and I know you will improve as you go along - we all do. It's rare that someone starts out good and declines as they go along and then when that happens it's usually because of some kind of physical or mental impairment has struck them. But I don't think you're in any danger of that happening anytime soon. So don't worry about it. You'll only get better with experience and trial and error. It's a given.

I suppose New Year's is upon you there, so I will wish you all the best in the coming New Year.

Hugs
netseeker2

I don't know what to say. You messgae was very touching and I am also sorry for getting the wrong impression from your origanal messgage. I am young but that should not make a difference. The 'mesh' I used is a maxis one and it is infact 'undies' that it was. I tried to make them longer but they turned out as a kind of cat-suit. (They looked even more mortifying then the one I uploaded.) I tried using a 'nightie' mesh but they didn't look like a hospital gown at all. They just looked like checked thing . I would like to say something else, your lots are wonderful, especialy stone henge. You must of spent alot of time researching, making textures and creating it.

I can't find the smiley saying 'I'm sorry' so I'll just write it, sorry for miss-understanding your orignal message and taking it personally. How old are your chidren? Have a lovely New year and in case your wondering, my new Years resolution is to accept and take into acound any remarks, good or bad.

XxBethany275xX
Instructor
Original Poster
#31 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:04 PM Last edited by xxbethany275xx : 31st Dec 2005 at 9:45 PM.
To Netseeker2

New year is 3 hours away and I am glad that we have cleared the air for the New year. (I know There is a time differemce between the uk and America, not sure how big it is)

I am making a longer hospital gown but it will not have an open back, just ties. I have also found out that most patients in hospitals only wear them before operations and wear normal pajamas when they are just resting. When you first said that these short one's looked like sex clinic gowns, I laughed and built a new hospital type thing especialy for woo-hooing problems. Anyway, about the new hospital gowns I am making, what colour are they mormally? I have seen a purple one and a pink one. but not any others.

Sorry I had to write this here, but I don't know any other method of contacting you and hopefully you will read this.
Instructor
Original Poster
#32 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 9:42 PM
To all the people who wanted a longer hospital gown, is this any better?

Instructor
#33 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:01 PM
Very Much Better!

As for the colours - if you want the typical bland boring look, they're usually all bland white, or the colour of surgical scrubs - either a bland blue - kind of like the blue seen to the right side inside the message editor here (where all the smilies are), or surgical green - like the doctors scrubs in Sims 1 - not sure about TS2 as I haven't played any medical field sims in TS2 yet. Too busy building to play much, I guess. But even this gingham coloured one is alright, just don't make them too pretty or too bright. Because hospitals are very dull and boring looking generally speaking - guess they're trying to keep everyone's blood pressure down by making it dull and boring. ;-)

netseeker2

To all the people who wanted a longer hospital gown, is this any better?

Lab Assistant
#34 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:02 PM Last edited by babygirl1 : 31st Dec 2005 at 10:03 PM. Reason: i have no clue
good i can make a fake
hosptial
Instructor
Original Poster
#35 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:18 PM
Thankyou, Netseeker! what percentage is it on now? any improvement on 2%?
Instructor
#36 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:38 PM
Hi xxBethany,

You're very welcome. I can't wait for you to release the newer longer version! I'll be the first one grabbing it, that's for sure! Not only is it the proper length now but the way you did it affords the patients some dignity (and spares the eyes of the hospital staff that has to look at some pretty gross exposed derrierres sometimes) ;-)

It's currently on 8% so maybe by the time the New Year arrives here it'll be 100% who knows?

(And before anyone starts jumping all over my case about the percentage thing - it's NOT a rating of her work! It has to do with the percentage of my hard drive that's been zero-disked so far). Okay? And to answer any more unforeseen lame questions like " if your hard drive is being zero disked how are you on here," etc.... The answer is very simple, I'm using my husband's computer. Okay? Everyone happy now?

Sorry xxBethany, had to add that in before any more "all knowing" bozos jumped all over my case figuring that the percentage had to do with rating of your work or something. (Well after the message last night, I don't know any more how anyone's going to take anything posted on here, so to be on the safe side....)...

netseeker2

Thankyou, Netseeker! what percentage is it on now? any improvement on 2%?
Instructor
Original Poster
#37 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nissy
I can't believe everyone made such a big freaking deal about this. This isn't the only hospital gown on MTS (search 'hospital' and at least five come up), and it was constructive criticism, which helps to become a better artist in any arena.

I would like to see how other people have made theirs work. I searched Hospital and I got blood stained wall paper, wheel chairs and stuff like that. No other hospital gowns. Please could you provide us with a link?
Instructor
Original Poster
#38 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 10:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by netseeker2
Hi xxBethany,

You're very welcome. I can't wait for you to release the newer longer version! I'll be the first one grabbing it, that's for sure! Not only is it the proper length now but the way you did it affords the patients some dignity (and spares the eyes of the hospital staff that has to look at some pretty gross exposed derrierres sometimes) ;-)

It's currently on 8% so maybe by the time the New Year arrives here it'll be 100% who knows?

(And before anyone starts jumping all over my case about the percentage thing - it's NOT a rating of her work! It has to do with the percentage of my hard drive that's been zero-disked so far). Okay? And to answer any more unforeseen lame questions like " if your hard drive is being zero disked how are you on here," etc.... The answer is very simple, I'm using my husband's computer. Okay? Everyone happy now?

Sorry xxBethany, had to add that in before any more "all knowing" bozos jumped all over my case figuring that the percentage had to do with rating of your work or something. (Well after the message last night, I don't know any more how anyone's going to take anything posted on here, so to be on the safe side....)...

netseeker2

Lol, it does sound like it's a rating, dosn't it?

Im having a little trouble with the male child version of the longer gown. I might make it as a hospital gown-top and shorts.
Instructor
#39 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:00 PM
Hi Nissy,

You were right about the vein of the original message and I thank you for realizing it. However, I just did a search for hospital gowns and you're right about 5 messages coming up, but 4 of them are requests for one and this is the only one that says it is.

netseeker2

Quote: Originally posted by nissy
Instructor
Original Poster
#40 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:18 PM
I don't think it's possible to make hospital gowns for men, unless someone can make thye female (The one that is selectable for adults and elders) nightie thing for men.
Instructor
Original Poster
#41 Old 31st Dec 2005 at 11:54 PM
Netseeker, I know this is even shorter, but I could not find a good mesh for it. This is the new and improved Male hospital gown-top and boxer shorts!

I don't think this will loose the sims all their dignity (just a little bit). It was very hard to find a good base mesh to edit. (I chose the boxer shorts and vest mesh by maxis)

*edit* If anyone knows of a mesh for the female long nightie for males please could you post a link?
Test Subject
#42 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 7:58 PM
Now isn't this nice? Congratulations Beth for taking in the constructive critism and making a new improved version of a hospital gown. This way in the future you will learn to take it in and use it wisely. And Netseeker2, I understood everything about you original post and knew that you were only helping her to improve. And now I need to find a reason why I'm posting this reply. Bye
Test Subject
#43 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 8:03 PM
Thankyou, paranormalpunk. What you wrote is V. emmm ... clever, in a way. And I think you have ended this string. (exept for this post)

Emm Beth why did you put clever in italics? Are you saying I'm dumb?

:sadpanda:
Scholar
#44 Old 1st Jan 2006 at 11:55 PM Last edited by Cee : 2nd Jan 2006 at 1:37 AM.
I have read through the string, seen that the issue has resolved itself and so am removing my comments.
Instructor
Original Poster
#45 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xParanormalPunkx
Emm Beth why did you put clever in italics? Are you saying I'm dumb?

:sadpanda:

Italics is like emphasis on a certain word, it dosn't mean the Antonym of the word. If I was going to call you dumb I would of said it like this:

:yas:

But I didn't, so It means the thing I wrote first in this post. Sorry if you thought i meant you were dumb.
Test Subject
#46 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:20 AM
Italics is like emphasis on a certain word, it dosn't mean the Antonym of the word. If I was going to call you dumb I would of said it like this:

:yas:

But I didn't, so It means the thing I wrote first in this post. Sorry if you thought i meant you were dumb.

Hehe, nice smily
Instructor
Original Poster
#47 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:21 AM
Longer gowns that are not "skin tight" can be found here
Instructor
Original Poster
#48 Old 2nd Jan 2006 at 10:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by xParanormalPunkx
Hehe, nice smily

I have a feeling you are going to use that smiley A LOT

And if anyone is interested, I have started recolouring objects! I have almost finished my first set.
Test Subject
#49 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 11:07 AM
I have a feeling you are going to use that smiley A LOT

And if anyone is interested, I have started recolouring objects! I have almost finished my first set.

:yas: hehe
Test Subject
#50 Old 3rd Jan 2006 at 1:12 PM
Default netseeker
okay netseeker thats cool that you like facts but guess what...THIS AINT REAL LIFE...in the sims world gowns can be long or short it dont matter but if you like them long then make some... as for me ive been looking for hospital gowns for ages and someone was nice enough to make some and they did a GREAT job!
Page 2 of 3