Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Don't Wash Dishes Where You Angry Poop

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2017 at 7:45 AM - Updated 21st Feb 2019 at 10:57 PM by scumbumbo : Updated for Feb 21, 2019 game patch

305 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 202 Feedback Posts, 102 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 5 of 13
Field Researcher
#101 Old 16th Feb 2018 at 6:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Oddysee
Sigh. I didn't think it would be that easy. Thank you so much for all the work you are doing. I doubt I could play anymore without these mods.

Have you tried taking the homework from their inventory and placing it on the desired tables manually before telling them to start their homework? I know it's an annoying extra step and mod that set a particular location would be easier, but this approach does usually work for me.
Test Subject
#102 Old 5th Mar 2018 at 4:00 AM
This doesn't seem to be working for me. I install it in the game (unzip, place files in my Mods folder) and then I go into game and click on a sink and I just get the usual options. No Enable/Disable dishwashing. I turned on cheats as well, shift clicked and it doesn't seem to work. I have the latest version of the game, no other script mods just some hair and clothes and furniture pieces. I do notice that when I start up my game and the little window pops up telling me what mods i have installed tells me that this mod is under 'Custom Content' as opposed to 'Script Mods' where I would assume it belongs.
Deceased
Original Poster
#103 Old 6th Mar 2018 at 9:42 AM
Quote: Originally posted by whxskers
This doesn't seem to be working for me.

From your description it sounds like the script portion of the mod is not activating. The main two reasons this could occur would be either the "Script Mods Allowed" option is not checked in the game's options, or the script file was installed into too deep a subfolder. Script mods can only be installed a maximum of one subfolder deep from the mods folder.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#104 Old 9th Mar 2018 at 12:55 PM Last edited by rappetou : 9th Mar 2018 at 5:11 PM.
Asking for a French translation
Very useful mod, can you translate it in French ? The more suitable traduction is "Mode vaisselle ON" and "Mode vaisselle OFF". I tried to do it myself with Package Editor and a YT tutorial but it didn't work and I can't understand why. Thank you in advance.
Test Subject
#105 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 2:04 AM
Hi! I'm sorry, my question might seem stupid for you guys, but I'm not totally familiar with Mods. But I just want to confirm: Do I have to download the 2 files (the regular + the DefaultEnabled) ?
Cause so far it doesn't work in my game. I've downloaded the 2 files and put them directly in my Mods folder without any subfolders at all, plus I checked the ''Script Mods Allowed'' option, restarted the game and still not working. Same as 'whxskers', in the pop up, they appear in the ''Custom Content'' part instead of the ''Script Mods'' one. And in the game all the sinks are blocked, so my sims can't use any of them to wash the dishes, but I don't have the ''Enable Dish Washing'' option, just the usual options. Can someone help me please?
Thanks in advance for your help!
Deceased
Original Poster
#106 Old 21st Mar 2018 at 5:36 AM
Only download one of the two files. The one you choose determines whether sinks are available or not by default. If you use the regular version, then sinks are disabled for washing dishes by default and must be enabled to be used. If you use the default enabled version, then new sinks are enabled and the ones you don't want to be available for dish washing must be disabled.

Inside the zip file you download are two files, a package and a script. Both of these files need to be placed in your Mods folder, or a maximum of one subfolder deep. So if you are using the regular version of the mod, the two files
  • MTS_Scumbumbo_DontWashDishesWhereYouAngryPoop.package
  • and MTS_Scumbumbo_DontWashDishesWhereYouAngryPoop_SCRIPT.ts4script
should be in your Mods folder (if you use the default enabled version, the name of the script file will differ).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#107 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 1:37 AM
Oh. My...! Thank you so much! It works!!! I'm so happy! Thank you very much!!! :-D
Field Researcher
#108 Old 22nd Mar 2018 at 7:45 PM Last edited by DreamaDove : 24th Mar 2018 at 5:00 AM.
I love this mod and it's been working perfectly so far, but yesterday when I hired a maid to take care of the children she kept washing dishes in the bathroom (the sink there was disabled). Does this not work on employees?

edit: I found it it was conflicting with LittleMsSam no auto set the table and wash dishes, obviously. SOrry for the bother!
Test Subject
#109 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:44 AM
ya i got a LE from this and it does say its this mod
Test Subject
#110 Old 27th Mar 2018 at 12:45 AM
<?xml version="1.0" ?><root>
Deceased
Original Poster
#111 Old 28th Mar 2018 at 8:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by LisaJa
ya i got a LE from this and it does say its this mod

To the best of my knowledge this mod should not be causing an exception for you. When looking at the exception text it will often identify a mod that "injects" code into the same method as another, so it can mistakenly say the fault is in mod "X" when it's actually in a mod "Y" that loaded after (or before, I can never remember for sure) it.

Frequently the only way to be sure of which mod is causing the exception is to perform a 50/50 mod check. If you want to upload a copy of the lastException file here (don't just copy/paste it in, zip the file up and upload it as an attachment to your reply) I'd be happy to take a look to see if there's anything that indicates what the problem could be.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#112 Old 4th Apr 2018 at 10:09 AM
It's a pain when they walk all the way upstairs just to wash a dish... Thanks...
Test Subject
#113 Old 27th Apr 2018 at 2:17 PM
Thanks a lot, it works great, and it saves a lot of my nerves :0))).

To make this set of mods complete, I wonder if it is possible to prohibit sims eating everywhere as well. As of now my sims get leftovers from the fridge, ignore dining table with all dining chairs, walk slowly across the whole lot to sit on a little stool, which I placed by the washtub purely for decoration.
Scholar
#114 Old 23rd May 2018 at 3:26 PM
thanks a lot for your mods, I enjoy many of them a lot!
I just have some problems recently, with my sims packing up dirty dishes, and then just leaving them wherever they find right, without washing them
although I have my kitchen sink enabled for washing dishes, as it should be
they also got a dishwasher which they sometimes use, but mostly they prefer collecting dirty dishes and putting them wherever they feel like..
as if they wanted to clean those in some forbidden sink, and they couldn't so why bother at all..
is that a thing?
Deceased
Original Poster
#115 Old 24th May 2018 at 8:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Keren
as if they wanted to clean those in some forbidden sink, and they couldn't so why bother at all..
is that a thing?

It can be, yes. That issue could arise due to how the game reserves objects for exclusive use by a Sim. If two Sims attempt to use an object at the same time, and it's not shareable (sinks and dishwashers are NOT shareable) then the second Sim will cancel the attempt. It doesn't have to be two Sims trying to wash dishes, it could be one trying to wash their hands or get a glass of water. This issue is further compounded by the length of time that a dishwasher is marked as busy and the fact that it starts as soon as one Sim puts dishes in. So if a Sim grabs two plates and puts them into the dishwaser, then another finishes their meal and tries to use the dishwasher it will fail (as it's still busy washing those two plates) and the Sim will put the plate down somewhere else.

Autonomy should eventually force them to wash that plate after it sits for a bit though.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#116 Old 3rd Jun 2018 at 3:09 PM
Hi,

I love the sound of this mod can anyone tell me if the mod is compatible with the may patch please..
Scholar
#117 Old 5th Jun 2018 at 4:24 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparky1922
Hi,

I love the sound of this mod can anyone tell me if the mod is compatible with the may patch please..

It works great for me.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#118 Old 6th Jun 2018 at 1:50 PM
@aparkison

Thanks for that info I will give it a go..
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#119 Old 7th Jul 2018 at 2:42 PM
I love this, I really needed it! Thanks so much!
Lab Assistant
#120 Old 9th Aug 2018 at 4:52 PM
Since the latest patch I've noticed an issue where, if I have disabled washing dishes in one sink on the lot, I can't wash dishes at all, even if I have a sink with washing enabled AND a dishwasher. I can only throw the empty dishes away. I also can't drag and drop the dishes. I enabled dishwashing again, and everything worked like normal. I'm using the default enabled version of the mod.
Scholar
#121 Old 12th Aug 2018 at 2:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by MaiaMadness
Since the latest patch I've noticed an issue where, if I have disabled washing dishes in one sink on the lot, I can't wash dishes at all, even if I have a sink with washing enabled AND a dishwasher. I can only throw the empty dishes away. I also can't drag and drop the dishes. I enabled dishwashing again, and everything worked like normal. I'm using the default enabled version of the mod.

I'm using the default enabled version with the July 31st patch and I can wash dishes just fine with just only one sink enabled on the lot with or without a dishwasher.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#122 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:18 AM
Thank you for making this. I cannot play the game without this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#123 Old 30th Aug 2018 at 6:18 AM
Thank you for making this. I cannot play the game without this.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#124 Old 14th Sep 2018 at 12:13 AM
Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#125 Old 13th Oct 2018 at 12:40 AM
hey question i have a issue where my sims in restaurant reset to their t position and drop the plates and reset the task list every now and then... it also seems to happen to npcs alot.... is there anyway to fix that? im not sure how its caused
Page 5 of 13