Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
#151 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 10:04 AM
I have not had any disappearing neighbourhoods but my sims disappear. Every time i make a new sim and then save it in a block of land the next time i open the game it is gone, but when it is a sim that came with the game there is no problem. I have just installed all the games, i have no hacks and there are no custom content. My brother has installed the same games as me and he is having no problems at all. The only difference i can really think of is he has a newer computer then me. I am really confused.

Operating system Windows xp, home addition version 2002
Computer specs AMD Athlon(tm)XP 2007+ 216 GHz, 512 MB of RAM

Games The Sims 2, University, Open for business, Nightlife, Seasons and family stuff. (the problem started when i got seasons) I have patches for all of those except seasons and family stuff,( i cant get seasons patch to work for some reason)

The problem started when i got seasons but before that i only had sims 2 and university.

Hope this helps.
Advertisement
Test Subject
#152 Old 25th Jun 2007 at 4:45 PM
Default Veronaville vanished
Operating system : Windows XP Home Edition

Computer specs: 2.66 GHz Processor, 1 GIG RAM, 64 MB Nvidia GeForce 4 MX 4000 Video Card

Games : All except H&M Fashion, and have most recent patches.
Details of Neighbourhood loss: Veronaville vanished after having to hard shutdown cuz the game froze, on restart chkdsk started, then when game was reloaded everything is there except Veronaville the only Hood I play.
Neighbourhood File details: My neighborhood file is only 1 KB in size
Sim PE Investigation: I have no clue how to do this.
What changed on your system immediately before the corruption:
Any other relevant information: It seems after checking the N003 folder everything is still intact except for the small kb file and the fact Veronaville is bnot a choosable neighborhood on startup
Could you also try this:

Code:
Go to My Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods and cut and paste the neighbourhoodManager.package file to your desktop. Now go to Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods and copy the neighbourhoodmanager.package file- paste it into your Documents folder where your old neighbourhoodmanager file was. Does that make any difference?

I have tried the swap, it did not fix anything, is there any way for me to get my neightbor hood back?
Test Subject
#153 Old 29th Jun 2007 at 6:17 AM
I'm so glad I found this place! My disappearing neighbourhoods have gotten me really worried!
Anyway-
I have a 1.25 Ghz Power PC G4 eMac with Mac OS 10.3.9. My trouble started when I was trying to clear some memory and accidentally deleted all of the custom content I'd downloaded. I went back and downloaded a bunch of stuff and went back to playing, but then Veronaville diasppeared. The new Seasons neighbourhood - Bluewater was there, as were the two originals.
So I went back and re-installed all of my games (that took a loong time) and they were all back! So I carried on merrily.
Today, however, I was downloading more custom content, and installed it all. I pulled up the game and all was fine! I went to the college in Veronaville. But I had to go to the grocery so I quit, then came back and all but Bluewater Village were gone! Upsetting.
Anyway... I use a few cheats. I use motherlode, and also boolProp testingCheatsEnabled true. I didn't do anything cheat-y, though, before I had to go. In fact, I didn't do anything.
I tried the suggestion from above, but that didn't work! Any help will be appreciated! It's kind of silly, but it feels nice to know I'm not alone in this yucky problem.
Test Subject
#154 Old 2nd Jul 2007 at 2:37 AM Last edited by MutantJedi : 2nd Jul 2007 at 3:05 AM.
Operating system Win XP Home
Computer specs 3.20 GHz, 512 MB RAM, Pentium Processor.
Games Sims 2, Nightlife, Pets, Seasons. I have the 2nd Nightlife patch.

Details of Neighbourhood Loss- I lost a custom neighborhood. All my other neighborhoods were fine. My sister last played in a custom neighborhood, then turned the game off. About 15 minutes later I went to play in my custom neighborhood and it wasnt there. The neighborhood that disappeared (MyLand) is probably the most played neighborhood.
Would it help if I told you that I moved all the sims out of the neighborhoods they came with and moved them to MyLand?

I have not removed my downloads recently.

Hacks-

InSimenator. (Seasons Compatible)
InTeenimater (Seasons Compatible)
Triplets & Quads hack by TwoJeffs (Full Version)
Functional Warrior Sword by JohnBrehaut1
Pet Baby Creator by Christianlove
No Family Size Limit by Doc Doofus
Bribe the Headmaster by Mitch44

The bold hacks were installed last night.

All my files are still there. (That was the first thing I checked)

Sim PE Investigation: I don't have Sim PE.

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: Nothing.

If you installed custom content prior to the problem, I do not need to know which items/ hacks you installed, but rather the type- I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "type of mods". They were all global hacks. I also use "motherlode" and the pet control cheats quite often.

Any other relevant information: For the past few days the loading times have been killer, and the game has crashed several times while loading a lot. I thought it was because of installing Seasons, but I've read here that other people have had this problem.

EDIT: Your suggestion didn't work.

I just remembered a backup I made just prior to installing Seasons. I'm set back by 5 days, but it's better than the alternative.

Also, I seem to remember the game locking up while I was loading a lot. I restarted the computer because pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL did nothing. THat's probably what screwed my game up.

"Keep your hand at the level of your eye."
Test Subject
#155 Old 7th Jul 2007 at 11:42 PM Last edited by Pors : 8th Jul 2007 at 3:58 PM.
I just lost a custom neighborhood and was directed to this thread. I've never had any issues with the game whatsoever so this is all new to me. I was in game on Thursday evening, quit the game as normal, shut off my computer, etc. as usual. On Friday I started up my computer, started the game and when I scrolled the neighborhoods one of my custom neighborhoods was no longer showing. It was the neighborhood I was last in and one that I just used for my contest sims. I have done nothing new or different with my computer either.

I am running Windows XP Home Edition with an Intel Pentium 1.8 Ghz processor. I have a Radeon 9200 video card. I have installed all the Sims 2 expansions but no stuff packs.

All of my other neighborhoods, both Maxis and custom, are fine - I just lost this one (and of course the most important to me).

Hacks: These have all been in my game and working fine - nothing new.
Trips & Quads
Risky WooHoo
Insem
Inteen
No Friends Needed for Careers
Carrigon Temp Mod
College Adjuster
LizzLove Swinger Bed

I can still see neighborhood no. 7 (which was my contest neighborhood) in the Neighborhoods file.

I ran SimPE and the first time it said #7 was corrupted and I could not get any further to see characters, etc. I shut down SimPE and the next time I started it #7 is no longer listed as an option to view.

I tried cutting and pasting the neighborhood manager file per instructions and that did not help.

I don't care about the neighborhood or lots but do care very much about the sims I created. If there is any way to capture those files and put into another neighborhood that would make my day. Unfortunately they were not created in body shop so that option is out.

I'm hoping someone has some ideas for me.
Link Ninja
#156 Old 8th Jul 2007 at 3:45 AM
Default Two out of three neighborhoods disappeared
Operating System-Mac OSX 10.4.9
Specs-1.25 GHz Power PC G4/ 1 GB DDR SDRAM
Games- Sims 2 and Nightlife, no patches, no hacks, but a decent amount of custom clothes, hair, and objects.
Details of Loss-I had three custom neighborhoods. Two of which I played and one that my sister would play. She told me she was playing hers but when it was saving, she got impatient and shut down my computer while it was doing so. When she returned, hers and one of mine were dissapeared, the other neighborhood of mine is still there.
Files- All files are in the Documents/EAgames/Neighborhoods file. The game just refuses to recognize the two missing ones.

Other
No Simpe, don't even know what that is.
Nothing changed in my system, I think the only cause would be a corrupted save and that is why my sister's hood is gone but I do NOT see why it wouldn't recognize my other neighborhood when no one was messing around in it. I've tried to swap neighborhood manager.pkg files but that doesn't work.

I really hope the case of the disapearring neighborhoods is solved because I've kind of lost interest in playing now that one of my neighborhoods is gone.

Test Subject
#157 Old 11th Jul 2007 at 10:01 PM
Well after losing my internet and talking to Maxis Support, it was a corrputed savefile and they said nothing they can do, but I did somewhat get my neighborhood back by removing the SIms 2 folder from My Documents, and letting the game rebuild the default neighborhoods, then I placed the folder back which made my characters "default", used Inseminator to summon these default characters back to my Lots unfortunately they lose all wants and relationships, as well as family ties, but SimPE was able to fix that, hope this helps.
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#158 Old 12th Jul 2007 at 1:03 AM
There has been a sneaking suspicion amongst the mods here for some time, that corrupt saved games could be one possible explanation. Of course, every game is different, and some lost hoods could and can be due to other problems.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Instructor
#159 Old 17th Jul 2007 at 4:26 AM
Default Lost One Neighborhood This Evening
Hi Friends! Glad I found this thread to know I am not alone! I just lost the only neighborhood I play, Pleasantview, about an hour ago. I am so bummed! Just when I had the town looking good! Oh well - I guess I will re-build and make it better! Hopefully someone can come up with a solution to this problem soon. Here's my Info:

Operating system: Win XP – Home Edition
Computer specs: AMD SemPron(td) Processor 3100, 1.8 Ghz, 512 MB, Nvidia Drivers and DDS Utilities
Games: Sims 2 (DVD); All except H&M Fashion. All patches.
Details of Neighbourhood loss: I lost Pleasantview – the only neighborhood I play. The other neighborhoods (Veronaville, Strangetown, Riverblossom Hills) appear OK, but I had no saved games/sims/lots for these other neighborhoods.
Downloads: Several. Almost entirely from MTS. I remove things from my Downloads file often – when textures/images show up blurry in my game, or when there are parts of a set I don’t. The last thing I downloaded was a few days ago. It was phoenix_phaerie’s “Pedimentary My Dear”. This was installed with Q-Xpress.
Hacks: Just a few custom careers…the mod for the Shop At Home Coat Rack by Mary Lou and Numenor.
Neighbourhood File Details: Yes – Pleasantville still appears in my Neighborhoods. All relevant sub-neighborhoods also appear (Campus, Downtown, etc.)
Sim PE Investigation: Yes, I have SIM PE. I get the following message when I try to access Pleasantview in Neighborhood Browser Mode: “Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. The process cannot access the file ‘c:\documents and settings\oem\my documents\ea games\the sims 2\Neighborhoods\N001\N001_Neighborhood.package’ because it is being used by another process.
What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: I was exiting a new lot, not wishing to save my changes. The screen went blue and the hour glass appeared. The screen went unchanged (didn’t return to desktop) for over 10 minutes. Knowing I didn’t want to save my changes, I hit Alt+Control+Delete to shut the game down, since it appeared to be “stuck” anyway. Afterwards, I rebooted my computer. When I went to play the game again, my neighborhood was gone.
Could you also try this: (Moving neighborhoodmanager.package file): Yes. I tried this, but it didn’t make the neighborhood reappear.
Field Researcher
#160 Old 28th Jul 2007 at 8:40 PM Last edited by Faerieimp : 6th Aug 2007 at 9:57 PM. Reason: More information
Operating system: Windows XP Home

Computer specs: 1.8 Ghz processor, 1.00 Gb Ram, AMD Sempron Processor 3000+

Games: I have all expansions and stuff packs to date. I know of no patches other than those that came on the game.

Details of Neighbourhood loss: My sister was playing our main custom neighborhood, Simpleton (N004). She had two sims trying to graduate college and was trying to invite family and friends over for a party (we are talking thirty or forty sims). She had most of them invited and the computer closed down, so she restarted and went to her sims' lot again and started the process over inviting family and friends. She said she had one call left to make when it closed down again. I was on another computer in another room, not really paying attention. She reloaded and Simpleton was gone. Everything else was there, but not Simpleton. We had this happen once beofore, but it was something we did and it's be two years. We had lost Veronaville, but we restored it to it's original state eventually. We'd played it all of once.

Neighbourhood File details: Neighborhood present and accounted for. Actually bigger by 0.02 gigs than the last time we backed up three days before. All downtowns, universities, and suberbs accounted for.

Sim PE Investigation: It's there and it's not. It was listed as Unknown. Checked the list of suburbs and the regular downtown (which we don't use) was listed as unknown. Our custom downtown was listed by name (Arcadia) and university was listed by name (Sim State University). Could not enter regular neighborhood, so I tried University, closed off, said I didn't have enough space. So I freed up around 30 gigs. Entered, but only showed date for four Characters (Polination Tech, Hula Zombie, Grim Reaper, and Therapist, two of whom have never been used in Simpleton and none of whom have been used in university). Quit that without saving. Also it said A sim was found twice. I copied the data if anyone wants to wade through it then I'll post it, but it's on another computer.

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: Only thing I can think of is I fixed some family connections in SimPE when SimPE told me that I had an additional expantion pack (H&M, there is no version out for that yet), but I did this twice and I don't think that was the problem. Then there was the whole shutting down thing. Oh, and when my sister entered the lot which later closed down, one of the times the background was dark blue rather than showing the progress and it's been blue screening on us lately, but it always came back except once (at which point we did turn off the computer).

Any other relevant information: One time when I tried to enter the game after the neighborhood had disappeared it said something about Direct 9.0c compatable graphics adapters, but the next time that was gone and other than the missing neighborhood it started as usual.
I compared the file with the last backup, four days previousand found some interesting differences. Here are all the differences I found.
Totals: 1.33 GB vs. 1.31 GB
Character Files - 464 vs. 458
Lots - 309 vs. 308
Storytelling - 558 vs. 549 (we take a lot of pictures)
Thumbnails - 3.69 vs 3.63
N004_Neighborhood - 18,823 vs. 13,989
N004_Neighborhood.bak - 11,838 vs. 12,167
N004_Suburb002 - 1,059 vs. 1,057
N004_University - 681 vs. 666
The one that makes me confused the most is the Nieghborhood vs. the bak file since the bak file is smaller in the more recent save.
Oh, and I don't know if this is helpful or not, but here's a list of the hacks I have, but I've had them all awhile.
ebruere's Dorm Room Reservation
Crumblebottom's Happy Helmet Wants Reroller
Crumplebottom's More Winter Snow
fwiffo's Multi_Polination_Technition
Cyjon's Nicer Phone Messages (which did cause me problem's when I had the wrong version, but is absolutely awesome.)
Numenor's Cash Register Training
Sim Wardrobe's Playables Don't go broke (which I deleted once because I wanted my sims to actually by stuff and keep them and this is desined so they don't keep anything they buy unless you are playing their household)
Sim Wardrobe's Employees Arrange Flowers Dammit
Sim Wardrobe's Employees Make Robots Dammit
Sim Wardrobe's Employees Make Toys Dammit
Corky's Solo Romantic Photobooth Pics (which is very cute)
More Awesome Than You's Marriage-Traditional
More Awesome Than You's Primpfix (trust me it's useful)

Could you also try this: Did not try. I did a search and found five Nighborhoodmanagers. Two appeared to have the exact same address, but perhaps one was from recent files used or something. One was my backup file (the entire game from four days ago). One was in program files as was the other, but the second one was in program files\EA Games\TheSimsSeason . . . The first two were both 192 kb. The backup was 191kb. The program file one was 22.6 kb and the Seasons one was 769 bytes.

Oh, to finish up I deleted the files (after backing them up) and transfered the backup there and at present that seems to have worked. The neighborhood is there and I have enter a couple dorms. One thing that has given me cause for concern is when I entered my sister's dorm, the one that the game closed the computer on, there was that dark blue screen behind the four sisms. And also it blanked out all the pictures of the sims one of the times I was looking at the dorms. I will repost if anything changes or it messes up again.

I have learned the reason that the sims turned off. It appears be that my computer could not handle having 40 plus sims on the lot for a graduation. This does not bode well for future weddings in this neighborhood. I have a toddler that by the time she marries her eleven older siblings will likely have well over fifty kids between them. I mean it is up to eight with only four siblings married and plans for at least four more before another sibling graduates college. Not sure why the sims corupted the data, but it most likely had to do with being shut down inproperly.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

So far so good, though I've been terrified everytime the game shut down the computer while my sister was trying to get her couple married. This took her five attempts. I have been saving a backup in SimPE everytime I go on or my sister gets off. Then, as everything goes all right, I delete the earlier ones. I actually probably have seven or eight backups from that plus my master back up, which is everything. I usually only make a master back up when I add an expansion and that has been helpful twice when I had to uninstall because of something happening during instalation. We are having slight problems. My sister has a sim, newly wed who as a child and teen had a cat. The cat lives with her parents and we are trying to get the cat to live with her, but she she keeps refusing the offer of a free cat. We cannot deturmine the cause of this, but it may just be normal game play. The sim is friends with all members of the household including the cat and her mom (who is offering her the cat) is friends with the cat. I'm hoping our problems are behind us. Two babies have been born and I'd like to keep them.
Test Subject
#161 Old 2nd Aug 2007 at 5:42 PM Last edited by arkoth24 : 5th Aug 2007 at 1:01 PM.
I just loaded sims, only to find out one of my custom hoods had vanished! It was one of two custom hoods, but that one was full, the remaining custom hood was blank except for one house that I moved from the hood that disappeared. I tried the copying and pasting of the hoodManager package files but that didn't work. However the hood file (N004) Is showing up in the game directory with complete character folder and everything. In SimPE the hood shows up as "Unknown" and won't load properly, but the subhoods (blewater and downtown) showed up as normal, and I could access them normally. WTF??

I recently added the "StayThingsShrub" and "Notownieregen" mods last night, if that would affect anything?

I use Windows Vista Home Premium (Awful, would advise strongly against getting vista, fucked up my game a lot, but its still playable.)

The version of sims I'm using is Pets, I have original, nighlife, OFB, glamour stuff, christmas stuff, and pets

Some other specs: nVidia GE Force 7300 SE. Intel Duo Core processor 1.86GHZ.

What changed on your system before the corruption? Nothing to my knowledge, but vista likes to do what it wants when it wants.

The last thing I did on sims before shutting it down last night was I moved a house from the custom hood that vanished, to a new custom hood. I did it the safe way, deleting relationships memories, packaging the lot etc.
Then I loaded the family in the new hood, then quit. I havent loaed sims since then until about half an hour ago, when i discovered the missing hood. Would the move have effected anything?

Any advice is appreciated, Thanks!

**UPDATE** Luckily I found a backup of N004 I made, and restored it. Now the neigbourhood is back, all sims seem fine. I strongly suspect it was the staythingsshrub that cocked up things. I didn't have that shrub on any lot in the backup file, I've now deleted it from my downloads file and hopefully this should never happen again, If something similar has happened to you and you have the StayThingsShrub installed, the one that lets you keep objects on a lot after a family moves out. I strongly reccomend taking it off. I've backed up every neighbourhood now incase something else happens, but hopefully it should be fine.

**UPDATE 2**
It happend again =[ I think it was another corrupt mod i installed (think it was the frontdoorhack) so i removed that, and its been fine since. I think its a select few mods/hacks that can cause this glitch. Only ones I'm running now are the notownieregen, mind control mirror, and the transportation shrub to make sims townies. So next ime you install a mod, backup your hood before hand =]

I cried when I had no shoes. Then I met a man with no feet. Then I laughed REALLY hard.
Lab Assistant
#162 Old 3rd Aug 2007 at 2:12 AM
Default neighbourhood lost and saved!
it happened again... this time on another computer, so here the details:

Operating system: mac os 10.3.9 (emac)
Computer specs: 700 MHz PowerPC G$, 640 MB SDRAM
Games: family fun and all expansion packs except seasons, pets patch

Details of Neighbourhood loss: I played in my custom neighbourhood, just one family. I shut down as normal. Next day I start the game and my custom neighbourhood is gone. (I tried twice)

I had not removed any downloads previously.

Hacks that affect the whole neighbourhood: not sure what that means. Do not all hacks affect the whole neighbourhood/game? Do you mean something where my actions in one family affect all the other families in the neighbourhood as well? hm... the only thing i am using like that would be the monique's Child Support Controller v3.A.

Neighbourhood File details If you go to Documents/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ Neighbourhoods are the neighbourhood files still there? Yes, everything's still there.

What changed on your system immediately before the corruption: Nothing.

Any other relevant information: The only weird thing that happened during this session is that I tried to register my pet as a breed (it was a dog created by the game, i had adopted it) and it wouldn't work. No matter how often I pressed the confirm button (where you are supposed to type the name of the breed), nothing happened and i had to cancel the action in order to leave the dialog box. I think I tried three times.

Could you also try this: I tried and it did not help.

BUT NOW THE GOOD NEWS: I managed to get the neighbourhood back by using an older save from 2 days ago! Here's what I did: I deleted the folder Documents/EA Games, then inserted my old EA Games folder instead. Then I copied the neighbourhoodManager.package file from that just inserted folder and pasted it in Program files/ EA Games/ The Sims2/ TS Data/ Res/ User Data/ Neighbourhoods, replacing the one that was already sitting there. I restarted the game and there it was: my custom neighbourhood as if nothing had happened in the last two days! Ta-taaaa! It's good I always backup twice after I lost my favourit neighbourhood last time... Besides my most recent backup i now always keep an older one; and that's the one that saved me this time. (now i know it's worth the gigabytes of space )
Test Subject
#163 Old 7th Aug 2007 at 7:56 PM
If it makes any difference, my computer if fairly new...as in I got it about a month ago. Well, ever since I got my computer, it has a tendency to occasionally freeze and the screen will go black and a small square that is about an inch on each side and has multi-colored lines on it will appear. The only way to get the screen to go away is turn the computer off. There have also been times when the stripes are large and grey and cover the whole screen (I realize this is not normal...I'm calling up Dell tech support later). This can happen regardless of what I'm doing, whether I'm on the Sims, on the internet, or even if my computer is just sitting there doing nothing.

Anyway, this has happened several times before when I was playing the Sims without any apparent consequences. But today I had just told my computer to leave the university and go back to Veronaville when my computer did the strange freeze thingy. Now Veronaville has completely dissapeared...I can't access it inside the game. Is there anyway to get it back? Almost all of my characters that I spend a lot of time on live in that neighborhood.

And I went inside my neighborhoods folder and it has G001, N001, N002, N003 in it plus, a tutorial and neighborhood manager file (by the way, I tried pasting my whole neighorhood file to my desktop and then putting it back and that didn't help and neither did pasting just the manager file on the desktop and then putting it back in the neighorhood file...Veronaville was still completely missing.

I have not done anything with my downloads folder since the first couple days I got my computer when I transfered all the files from my old computer and downloaded a few new things...so that was like a month ago.

Model: Dell Inspiron 1501
Operating system: Windows Vista (not my choice)
Processor: AMD Anthlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor TK-53 1.70 GHz
RAM: 894 MB
Video card:ATI Radeon Xpress 1150

I have:

Sims 2 Deluxe
Sims 2 University
Sims 2 Pets
Sims 2 Seasons
Test Subject
#164 Old 20th Aug 2007 at 11:31 PM
Games: Sims 2 Deluxe (Base game with Nightlife). No patches, as I assume the games were patched with the new edition (Deluxe).

My game played perfectly until I added a lot of custom content to my downloads folder. Something I added was causing my game to stop loading. It would load to the point of "Replacing Wheel Bearings" and then kick off. I went through all the custom content and after many hours, found the problem files. During this removal process, the neighborhoods were loading fine. Once I found all the problem custom files and deleted them, I loaded the game. It got past "Replacing Wheel Bearings," but when I got to the "neighborhood selection screen," the 3 neighborhood icons were gone and my only option was "Create Custom Neighborhood."

I had made a backup of my game folder (I'll call Sims Folder 2) which was located on my desktop, so I compared it with the original folder (I'll call Sims Folder 1) which was located in my My Documents/EA Games folder - this is the folder the game would pull information from.

When I compared the Neighborhood folders of each, I found the following folders: N001, N002, N003, Tutorial, and the file NeighborhoodManager.package. Both N002, N003, and Tutorial folders contained the same subfolders and files. However, the N001 folder from Sims Folder 2 had many subfolders and files that Sims Folder 1 did not have.

Then when I checked the Teleport folder from Sims Folder 2, it was empty, but the Teleport folder from Sims Folder 1 had all of my neighborhoods in it, and contained EXACTLY the same subfolders and files as the Downloads folder from the Sims Folder 2 (the backup folder).

I hope this is making sense!

I removed the Neighborhoods folder from Sims Folder 1, replaced it with the Neighborhoods folder found in the Transport folder of Sims Folder 1, started the game, and all the neighborhood icons were there!

All of the customer items I downloaded are there, all of the "pre-loaded" characters and houses are there, however...NONE of the characters I created or houses I built are there! And none of the relationships, skills, etc are there for the "pre-loaded" characters. It's like a fresh install. Any suggestions on how to get my characters and houses back???

Thanks!
Test Subject
#165 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 2:44 PM
Hey.I don't realy know if this is related,but I really need to ask this:How can I get back the neighborhood I deleted?
It all started when I was cleaning out my sims game(deleting stuff that I didn't need)and I deleted a neighborhood,forgetting that my favorite family was there.Now,I really want them back!PLEASE,HELP ME!!!
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#166 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 6:11 PM
T.Tica, you can try to restore the Neighborhood folder from the Windows Recycle Bin.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#167 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:02 PM
Thanks.But I deleted it from the recycle bin.Any other ideas?
Coffee, anyone?
retired moderator
#168 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:08 PM
It's gone now. You can't replace what you have permanenetly deleted.

I'm worried that my latest Salvation Army donation will result in homeless people looking like sluts from the 90s.
Test Subject
#169 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 7:23 PM
Thank you.
P.S;IS there any way i can recover the sims?
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#170 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 9:46 PM
Nope. The files containing the information about the sims is in the Neighborhood folder. If you created them in BodyShop then the 'sim templates' are still there because those are found in SavedSims.

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Test Subject
#171 Old 21st Aug 2007 at 11:08 PM
Thanks.I really appriciate the help you've given me.
Shame,there's no way to recover it
Test Subject
#172 Old 22nd Aug 2007 at 3:55 PM
Hi again. Based on the information in my post above, does anyone have an idea why I lost all the characters and houses I created, and how to get them back?

Thanks!
Test Subject
#173 Old 23rd Aug 2007 at 3:34 AM
I'm on a Windows XP Home edition computer with 1.99 GHz and 1.00 GB of RAM.
I have Sims 2 and Sims 2 Pets (Neighborhood disappeared on Pets.) No patches.
I lost one of my custom neighborhoods, and it was replaced by a neighborhood called "Pets." The description of the neighorhood is "Hidden Neighborhood for the pets..."
When I clicked on it, it tried to load, but ended up crashing the game.
I last played on a different custom neighborhood.
Test Subject
#174 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 1:04 AM
My neighborhood is still missing, even though I had to erase my hard drive and re-install the Sims 2 because of my computer's problem. I had saved a backup of Veronaville, and it still didn't work when I tried to replace it with the Veronaville already in the game. I think maybe it's just forever damaged?
Field Researcher
#175 Old 31st Aug 2007 at 12:05 AM
Quote: Originally posted by sammytisme
Hi again. Based on the information in my post above, does anyone have an idea why I lost all the characters and houses I created, and how to get them back?

Thanks!

When you put the files back that were missing from the neighborhood did you delete or remove the originals completely or did you let it overwrite when you moved them?
Overwriting a neighborhood or the files from it can lose houses and sims. Also although the files looked like they were complete, them moving from folders they should be in to folders they normally wouldn't be in might have messed them up anyway.

Have you tried removing the N001 from your playable game and putting the backed up N001 from your Sims Folder 2 (your name for it from above)?
That's the most likely way to get them back as if you say that set of files looks properly complete, but if you have overwritten them and don't still have the back up anymore then I'd think you've lost them.

UPDATE Nov '11: Beacon Falls & Maple Valley are custom TS2 neighborhoods with storylines, add-on families & lots. The Beacon Falls Blog has separate business & vacation subhoods & Maple Valley's Blog has a separate university subhood. All have been fixed using Mootilda's HoodChecker.
Page 7 of 28