Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Mara Jade - by request

by lykurgus Posted 21st Nov 2005 at 8:22 AM - Updated 1st Apr 2006 at 2:21 AM by lykurgus : Added new leathers

43 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 41 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
Test Subject
#26 Old 4th Mar 2006 at 5:12 AM
Cool skin. Loved the outfit. Has the whole Super Sexy Female Spy thing going for it. Very Mara Jade.

To make it look more leather-like, I believe you can either airbrush the outfit with a bright silver tone on the tops of her breasts and thighs. But I think that takes mad skillz to get right. And I believe you can increase the Brightness/Contrast, or better yet adjust the Curves gradient in Photoshop (which is more professional) to get the shiny effect.

Usually I just do the second part and leave the first to the pros.

I read the original profic trilogy (by Timothy Zahn) when they first came out back in the 90s. New York Times No. 1 bestseller. It, and the games by LucasArts, was basically what started the whole Star Wars revival at the turn of the millenium, believe me you. I can tell you the whole history but that is neither here nor there.

About Mara Jade's relationship with Luke:
Luke never hated her. At least according to Mara Jade's creator Timothy Zahn. She hated him, because of the Emperor's strong mental command on her mind in his death throes: You Must Kill Luke Skywalker. (She had a unique mental link to the old guy, having been brought up by him.) Yeah well, the fact that she ended up jobless, down and out, scraping for a living on the fringe of the galaxy, and finally ending up as a smuggler's second-in-command, helped LOTS too. :moose:

In her mind, it was her failure to assassinate Luke Skywalker at Jabba's place that allowed him to live to kill the Emperor. According to this trilogy, the Emperor wasn't as senile and complacent as George Lucas made him out to be. Emperor Palpatine suspected Vader's loyalty, and wanted to make sure that Luke, the One destined to end his rule over the galazy, died. So he sent Mara, Emperor's Hand (AKA assassin/secret agent), to do the job. She infiltrated Jabba's place as a dancer, but unfortunately, was prevented from going to the site of Luke & Co.'s execution, and thus could not thwart his Heroic Rescue Of The Day. Since the fall of the Empire, being a secret agent known only to the Emperor's elite (who were either dead, captured, or otherwise out of reach), she couldn't find a way for the last of the Imperial command to acknowledge her status as the Emperor's Hand. Thus she ended up working on the fringe of the galaxy, and hating Luke for it (coz you just know he is to blame for all this).

It wasn't Timothy Zahn's original intention to have Mara Jade end up being Luke's love interest, much less wife and mother of his kids. (She was supposed to be something of a nemesis, I believe.) But the other profic writers who jumped on the StarWars bandwagon after his trilogy's humongous success created such horrible love interests, and basically made a running joke out of it (fan opinion, not the profic writers' ), and Mara Jade was so popular as a character, that Zahn finally gave in (with permission of the Lucasfilm). So he wrote a duology (again fan pressure for him to save Luke from poor characterization), and basically had Luke stop being a psycho, Force-abusing Jedi Master who scares his friends and family, and eventually realize Mara was the One for him after ten long years.

There a helluva lot more to both stories, and they're really good reads, but I can't possibly fit FIVE one-inch thick novels in here. That and I dun wanna go more OT than I already have. Timothy Zahn is like a god among Star Wars profic fans. He also won the Hugo award before (kinda like the Pulitzer for Sci-fi). Personally I think he's an even better writer than, erhmm, the creator of the series. :p

After that duology, a comic (different writer) was written, telling all about the wedding. Since then, other profic writers have written more about Luke's family.

Uh, basically "profic" in this context means Lucasfilm-authorized stories about the Star Wars universe that are not written by George Lucas, or the Star Wars screenwriters. They can, in my experience, be pretty good or pretty horrific, depending on the author.

Xelas Winterdream
Supreme Master of Doing Things at the Rate of Planets Evolving Intelligent Lifeform
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#27 Old 12th Mar 2006 at 1:40 AM
Quote:
To make it look more leather-like, I believe you can either airbrush the outfit with a bright silver tone on the tops of her breasts and thighs. But I think that takes mad skillz to get right. And I believe you can increase the Brightness/Contrast, or better yet adjust the Curves gradient in Photoshop (which is more professional) to get the shiny effect.

I'll have a go.

I'm up, and I'm dressed...
WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT????
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 15th Mar 2006 at 8:59 PM
Not to be off topic, but what are the duology called? I've never read them. =p

And Trogdor smote the Kerrak and all was in burnination......
Test Subject
#29 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 9:37 PM
Very good! Mara is such an awesome character. XD Probably the only girl in the universe Luke could have settled down with lol!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 31st Mar 2006 at 10:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jelenedra
Not to be off topic, but what are the duology called? I've never read them. =p
Just saw this! :dolt: The originals are Heir to the Empire, Dark Forces Rising, and The Last Command by Timothy Zahn. They introduce the character Mara Jade. She then features in most of the other books, highly in some and in others she gets no more than a brief mention, and everything in between. Then, ten years after that trilogy (so 15 after Return of the Jedi), there's Specter of the Past and Visions of the Future, also by Timothy Zahn, when the two fall in love. Marriage is assumed (to my knowledge there's no book where they actually get married). Then you have the New Jedi Order books. :catpilot:
Test Subject
#31 Old 12th May 2006 at 4:33 AM
[Shannon McRandle who, in my opinion, does not make a good Mara Jade.]
Ditto.

Great job by the way! :D
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 16th Jun 2006 at 10:53 PM
Mara Jade is one of my favorite expanded universe star wars book characters. Thanks for making her! :D
Test Subject
#33 Old 27th Jun 2006 at 4:42 AM
Score!
You are god! This is exactly what i've been searching for! :lovestruc

Oh, and she actually is Luke Skywalkers wife.. as the case were...
Field Researcher
#34 Old 4th Jul 2006 at 3:58 AM
Quote: Originally posted by jedilizthesim
Mara Jade is one of my favorite expanded universe star wars book characters. Thanks for making her! :D

Have to agree there. Have almost all of the SW books in paperback (everything through New Jedi Order) and after Zahn's great trilogy. (None of the Young Jedi stuff either).

Great work on Mara, looking forward to seeing her in game (looks kind of like how my wife usually makes herself sans full leather. )

I'm not conceited, conceit is a fault and I have no faults.
Lab Assistant
#35 Old 8th Jul 2006 at 3:02 AM
I love the look of this sim. I'm not really into Star Wars or anything, but you did a great job, and I think she's going to go great in my futuristic neighborhood. Thanks for sharing!
Test Subject
#36 Old 2nd Aug 2006 at 11:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Pei117
Well, I was reading that not only George Lucas is releasing Eps. 7, 8, and 9 in 2014-2020, but there's this one part in Ep. 9 script where Anakin Solo gets his head whacked off by a Sith lightsaber(yeeoowch!) And as the cloned Luke attacks the real Luke, "Mara Jade uses a saber throw to cut the legs out from underneath the cloned Luke"

Now, if Mara Jade hates Luke, why'd they get married, and have kids, and why, in Ep. 9, she saved his sorry ass?

Because when she killed his clone the hate sort of vanished.
Lab Assistant
#37 Old 3rd Aug 2006 at 10:57 AM
Great sim! To the others, regarding Eps 7-9, George Lucas won't do them. It's impossible. Mark Hamill would be about 70! Not in the best condition to play a 20-something-year old. Plus, George himself would be too old. Anyway, Mara Jade became a student at Luke's Jedi Praxeum and began to respect his skills. Once, while on a mission, they were bonded so deeply through the Force that they finally realised that they had fallen in love. I don't know WHY anyone would fall in love with LUKE!! He's ugly! For more info on Mara, go to:
1. http://www.starwars.com/databank/ch...lker/index.html
OR:
2. http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Mara_Jade_Skywalker

Lykurgus, great sim, once again. *hugs*

See my art here.
Scholar
#38 Old 26th Apr 2007 at 8:29 PM
Quote:
Uh, basically "profic" in this context means Lucasfilm-authorized stories about the Star Wars universe that are not written by George Lucas, or the Star Wars screenwriters. They can, in my experience, be pretty good or pretty horrific, depending on the author.

Horrific? Depending on the author? .... *COUGHCOUGHANDERSONCOUGH*
Ack. Okay, all better now.

Quote:
Well, I was reading that not only George Lucas is releasing Eps. 7, 8, and 9 in 2014-2020, but there's this one part in Ep. 9 script where Anakin Solo gets his head whacked off by a Sith lightsaber(yeeoowch!) And as the cloned Luke attacks the real Luke, "Mara Jade uses a saber throw to cut the legs out from underneath the cloned Luke"

Please. For the love of God. Tell me you did NOT read anything by that punk Supershadow. Because that's him all over. The guy's a fake, and personally I would not mind seeing him shot. So if that IS where you got that from...put it back, please, put it back!

But on the matter of the sim, I adore it, although I'll probably change the hair. I've got a couple that have more of Mara's trademark "sun-gold" color, or whatever the hell Zahn calls it.
Test Subject
#39 Old 14th May 2007 at 6:19 PM
Quote: Originally posted by jediknyt1
George Lucas has stated more times than I can count that there will be no Episodes 7, 8 and 9. He is planning some tv series though.
The whole cloned Luke idea comes from Timothy Zahn's Last Command trilogy. Mara had been given a last command to kill Luke Skywalker by the Emperor before he died. By killing the cloned Luke, Mara fulfilled that command and their friendship began to grow after that. It took 10 years for them to get to the point of realizing they were in love and they got married.

Yes, but in the guy's defense, unless he's just a rumormongering troll, is that Lucas has changed his stances and backstories for the Star Wars stories more times than he's changed his underwear. As it was first understood, way way back in the 1980s, he was going to do prequels and sequels to the origional trillogy, well at least that's what he said then. As we now know, the prequels came out almost 20 years after the debut of the original movie and, lets face it, were not the pinnacle of cinematic art (or anywhere near there)

I guess all the book series and comics took the place of the "planned" sequels. Its all a moot point now, even if Lucas was to change his mind. With his advancing years and the fact his prequel trilogy really didn't blow the competition away, I very much doubt any sequels will happen now.
Instructor
#40 Old 5th Aug 2008 at 10:27 AM
I was overseas when this character was introduced and I haven't read the books yet. Other than the original Thrawn trilogy, what books was the character in?
Also, I saw mention in one of the above threads about other profic writers trying to give Luke some love interests... I'm curious since I saw no reference to them on the wikipedia entry. Anyone have more information on that? (I read a fanfic where they listed some ex-girlfriend's of Luke's but I didn't know if they were in the novels or not). Feel free to PM me if anyone wants to fill me in. I'm very very bored.

The wikipedia did mention that despite the fact that Mara was planning to kill him (according to the wiki, the only reason she didn't was because she needed Luke's help to survive in certain situations), Luke wanted to help her. I think it later mentioned that in another adventure they managed to form a force-bond, which eventually led to them falling in love. I'll have to get the books..

I think I read a description that said Mara Jade had red-gold hair, but I have no idea what that is supposed to look like. LOL.

Oops, I forgot to say thank you for this. I love the lightsaber addition. Thank you very much!
Test Subject
#41 Old 3rd Aug 2009 at 3:24 AM
Who the heck is Mara Jade. I thought she was in StarWars TFU but I was wrong it is some girl I don't even know. Mara Jade I thought was that Darth Maul looking girl that can turn Invisi.
Test Subject
#42 Old 25th Aug 2010 at 3:24 PM
Default Could you make?
Would you be able to make a Yuuzhang Vong? please
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 4th Oct 2010 at 3:45 AM
off-site link is broken

Everyone is entitled to my opinion.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 28th Feb 2011 at 5:54 PM
the uh... "modyourllama" link is broken. well...The website is for sale.
Page 2 of 2