Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Default Replacement Pack - Pet Eyes That Don't Suck!

by HystericalParoxysm Posted 22nd Oct 2006 at 1:51 PM - Updated 2nd Jul 2013 at 8:04 PM by HystericalParoxysm

70 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 68 Feedback Posts, 1 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Instructor
#26 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 11:22 AM
Thanks so much HP! I know you worked hard to make the textures right on these and I'm really glad you did. The orignal eyes just sucked. These ones are much much better!
You rule!
*bows down to the wonderful HP*
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 2:54 PM
OK I must have done something wrong, even though its not that hard to put a package file in the downloads folder-lol-I have done it over 1,000 times already! My eyes arent any different. Do you think it has to do with my graphics card? or will something this minimal not make a difference?

Thanks!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
Original Poster
#28 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 3:00 PM
I... really don't know, Kimdelee. They definitely do work, for myself and others with that file. Maybe check your graphics settings in the game (three dots, then the little monitor icon) to make sure your texture detail settings are on high?

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Test Subject
#29 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 6:53 PM
Thank you HystericalParoxysm for all your hard work now my pets can look a bit less plastic
Knitting fiend
retired moderator
#30 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:05 PM
These really look fab in game, thank you. I'm attaching a screenie of the maxis dog I'm currently playing with named Cleo.
Screenshots

"Evil genius is still genius." Asura NPC GW2
Test Subject
#31 Old 23rd Oct 2006 at 7:55 PM
Brilliant, thanks HP, I was hoping someone would sort out the pets and this is a fantastic start
Lab Assistant
#32 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 4:47 PM
Thanks a lot. This looks so much more like animal eyes than Maxis toy-ones. I will be installing Pets one of these days, and look forward to having these gentle eyes. Great work!
Scholar
#33 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 5:06 PM
Thank you! That's one thing down that I was waiting for.

I need to make my cat's eyes myself though, because he has aqua eyes and those were not included.

The other thing I am waiting for is who will be the first to remesh the collars in order to make pet clothing. I don't know why Maxis didn't give uniforms to the pets with jobs at least.

Paladins/SimWardrobes downloads: https://simfileshare.net/folder/87849/
Moderator of Please Read the Help FAQs
retired moderator
#34 Old 25th Oct 2006 at 6:24 PM
Thank you HP *huggles*

Please do not PM me with Game or Site Help questions. Post them in the appropriate section after going through the FAQs.

"The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist." ~ Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects
Instructor
#35 Old 27th Oct 2006 at 5:29 PM
Thank you so much. I'm glad you posted these. As you said Maxi's tend to be unrealistic.

Nutty Sims Mommy.
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Oct 2006 at 10:37 PM
I could not believe the originals that came with Pets....The really lacked depth and the original colors were not on.
Scholar
#37 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 1:01 AM
well they look great but when i tried extracting them i get : MTS2_393981_HystericalParoxysm_DEFAULTREPLACEMENT_PetEyeset1.rar: CRC failed in DEFAULTREPLACEMENT_PetEyeset1_HystericalParoxysm-DemusedSims.package. The file is corrupt
MTS2_393981_HystericalParoxysm_DEFAULTREPLACEMENT_PetEyeset1.rar: Unexpected end of archive
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 2:29 AM
dragon_tfm - The file attached to the thread definitely works okay. Try redownloading. You can end up with incomplete or corrupted downloads sometimes if you're downloading at a time when the site's real busy.

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Scholar
#39 Old 29th Oct 2006 at 5:02 AM
aaah ok will try again thx!

edit: ok it worked this time!
Field Researcher
#40 Old 1st Nov 2006 at 6:56 PM
Yay! No more "Glass" eyes! Thanks!

"I always wanted to fly in strange machines"
Test Subject
#41 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 3:42 PM
These are awesome. They look so much better! Thanks, HystericalParoxysm ^_^
Test Subject
#42 Old 2nd Nov 2006 at 4:58 PM
You have a rather annoying habit of pointing out things I would NEVER have been botherdby or even have noticed if you didnt make these. I have to download your stuff now!
Lab Assistant
#43 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 1:46 AM
These are awesome..def much better than the other cats eyes..I was wondering if you ever make more if you could make a yellowish one....my puppy has the wierdiest yellow eyes..so I have to give him brown for now..hehe..
Lab Assistant
#44 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:15 PM
I downloaded it, but for some reason, isn't showing up. Help.

[QUOTE]Artist Formally Known as Okalani You'll be seeing my posts for suggestions of what may help you improve your posts. I have S2, Uni, NL, OFB, Pets, and Seasons![QUOTE]
retired moderator
Original Poster
#45 Old 20th Nov 2006 at 3:57 PM Last edited by HystericalParoxysm : 20th Nov 2006 at 4:03 PM.
okalani, redownload it and reinstall it. The files definitely work just fine, as evidenced by tons of folks having them in use in their game... it's possible something got corrupted in the downloading process if you were downloading at a busy time.

Also make sure that you're looking in the right place - this and ALL other pet genetics or texturing at the moment (what little there is available) are default replacements, so you will click the Maxis default eyes, and get these instead.

Lab Assistant
#46 Old 28th Nov 2006 at 5:31 PM
Woo! I knew someone would! Thank you.

Miao.
Lab Assistant
#47 Old 2nd Dec 2006 at 3:56 AM
Very SNAZZY!! :D

Let me guess, you picked out yet another colorful box with a crank that I'm expected to turn and turn until OOP! big shock, a jack pops out and you laugh and the kids laugh and the dog laughs and I die a little inside. - Stewie (Family Guy)
Test Subject
#48 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:47 AM
thanks~
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 25th Dec 2006 at 8:31 AM
Those are so beautiful. Thank you.

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Test Subject
#50 Old 29th Dec 2006 at 9:27 AM
I love how the cats' eyes look, wonderful work, but I'm already very used to the Maxis eyes for dogs and don't want my existing sim dogs to look any different (haven't had that many sim cats yet). Any chance of separate defaults for the species, one package file for each?

Mind you, I think your dog eyes look great too, it's just that I didn't have them from the start and don't want a change in all my already created dogs now.
Page 2 of 3