Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

More flexible neighbourhood camera

by Crazyfoolgaf Posted 15th Jun 2007 at 11:10 PM - Updated 31st Aug 2008 at 11:39 PM by Crazyfoolgaf

40 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 36 Feedback Posts, 3 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 2
What just happend?
retired moderator
#27 Old 25th Aug 2007 at 4:46 PM
I tried this in my game and it works well except that it tends to place random trees in the middle of the road. May I suggest you change the "constrain" value to .50 you will not loose any playing area and the trees stay where they are meant to be.

Life is for LIVING so, LIVE it and have Fun

Please use "spell check" when posting!!!
Prejudice is the child of ignorance.
Forum Resident
#28 Old 29th Aug 2007 at 9:02 AM
Default Cool I Wanted One Of These
Thank you very much, I had the older one and it was good but lost it due to a new bigger hard drives now I have three makes a total of 580 GB now I put in myself....Thank.

"This too shall pass, I shall walk and not become weary, I shall run and not faint, I shall mount up with wings like and eagle and fly."
Test Subject
#29 Old 12th Sep 2007 at 11:25 PM
Thank you for this, looks like its a great mod.

I'd rather use Gunmod's camera since he has edited more files and I only have to re-install (which I do a lot for some reason ) once. Thanks again!
Lab Assistant
#30 Old 4th Jan 2008 at 6:44 AM
Thanks for this useful & easy to use camera mod. I've used Gunmod's & do like it, but most of the time I only need to do what this one does. This is a very good addition to our user made tools. Thanks for the time & effort & sharing with us.
Test Subject
#31 Old 24th Feb 2008 at 11:07 PM
Thank you, Your mod works Beautifully with Sim 2 BV, I can't wait to really play with it.

-Had too many downlodes in the game and had to reinstall it without all her downlodes-

Yeah kind of over did it with my downlodes *laughs then crys*

~Ariana or Trist~
Forum Resident
#32 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 4:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by FionaSkye
How is this different from GunMod's camera changer-thingy? I'm not being snotty, by the way. I'm truly curious about how this differs from something that already exists and works pretty darned well.

I don't know, GunMod's didn't work for me. I mean it did, but you can't go into build/decorate mode, so it felt rather useless to me. If you can't place houses outside the normal boundaries, there's no point to it.

If this does what it says it does, then it's far more useful to me than GunMod's. I'm going to try it and see how it works. Thank you for this.
Lab Assistant
#33 Old 19th Sep 2008 at 5:43 AM
Thanks for this I needed this to see my neighborhood completely for my Sims 2 story >.<
Still getting the hang of SC4 terrains...
Wiki Wizard
#34 Old 16th Nov 2008 at 10:25 AM
Sweet work, thanks :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#35 Old 17th Dec 2008 at 8:43 PM
No problem guys, glad to see you all like the mod ^^.
Test Subject
#36 Old 4th Jun 2009 at 9:27 AM
grr, I followed your directions and now whenever I go into the sims, the neighborhood view is just a bright teal color. Btw, the fail safe code did not work. Hopefully I can find some other mod to use that will fix it.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#37 Old 5th Jun 2009 at 12:10 AM Last edited by Crazyfoolgaf : 5th Jun 2009 at 12:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Fallenindarkness
grr, I followed your directions and now whenever I go into the sims, the neighborhood view is just a bright teal color. Btw, the fail safe code did not work. Hopefully I can find some other mod to use that will fix it.

The fail safe is an exact copy of the original code, theres no reason it should not work.Are you sure you Coppied and pasted the contense of the document into the original ? Simply dropping either of the new documents into the cameras folder WILL NOT WORK.

If you can't fix it, you should try once more (just to be sure, then, I recommend you reinstall the Sims 2 if the problem persists.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#38 Old 12th Feb 2011 at 3:52 PM
thanks for this!
now i can finally reach the hidden house in Belladonna
:D
Test Subject
#39 Old 22nd Nov 2014 at 4:27 AM
I know this is a bit late and the creator of this "mod" hasen''t logged on for some time, but go get a different mod. I did just as the instructions said and wasn't smart enough to backup the original camera txt file and now all i have is teal.

Failsafe doesnt work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 11th Sep 2015 at 2:39 AM
Ojjala me funcionee graciass ♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 7th Jul 2017 at 9:52 PM
Thank you!!!!
Page 2 of 2