Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

-Added Contrast- Default Replacement PJs (the ugly matchy-matchy ones)

by Phaenoh Posted 16th Aug 2007 at 8:02 PM - Updated 10th Sep 2008 at 1:05 AM by Phaenoh

64 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 59 Feedback Posts, 4 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Doing all the things, and *mostly* not failing.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 1st Sep 2007 at 6:13 AM Last edited by Phaenoh : 1st Sep 2007 at 8:58 PM.
Maybe in the future, but I doubt it. I'm not having much luck with meshing clothes right now. Sorry guys!
Lab Assistant
#27 Old 7th Sep 2007 at 8:37 PM
good I could never use those versions I didn't like them xD
Test Subject
#28 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 4:40 PM
I downloaded these, and they're awesome, far better than the original ones. But after a test in bodyshop, it revealed that there is a real problem with these. Opening the female pj's catalog causes my computer to slow down, bug, lag and almost crash. And finally, when the catalog is finally open, clicking on one of the default pj's causes real problems. Not only the computer gets even slower, but the top of the pj catches light very oddily, so the top is brighter than the sims neck, face and legs. So, obviously, I'm unable to use these pj's, though the male versions work just fine. What a shame. :P

She's done now.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#29 Old 8th Sep 2007 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braelinn
I downloaded these, and they're awesome, far better than the original ones. But after a test in bodyshop, it revealed that there is a real problem with these. Opening the female pj's catalog causes my computer to slow down, bug, lag and almost crash. And finally, when the catalog is finally open, clicking on one of the default pj's causes real problems. Not only the computer gets even slower, but the top of the pj catches light very oddily, so the top is brighter than the sims neck, face and legs. So, obviously, I'm unable to use these pj's, though the male versions work just fine. What a shame. :P
Thats a very strange bug you have reported. Are you using the legacy bodyshop? Or perhaps an unpatched Pets version? Maybe you did not place them in the bins folder? Or have another default pj set hidden somewhere? I'd love to be able to get this working for you. I always feel sad when I can't get something to work that I wanted.
Test Subject
#30 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 8:56 AM
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, the problem was in my game, and re-installation solved the problem (and a few more bugs in Maxis's default clothes). Now these work perfectly (;

She's done now.
retired moderator
Original Poster
#31 Old 10th Sep 2007 at 3:47 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Braelinn
I'm sorry for the inconvenience, the problem was in my game, and re-installation solved the problem (and a few more bugs in Maxis's default clothes). Now these work perfectly (;
HURRAY! IT WORKS!
Forum Resident
#32 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 5:48 AM
I love you and your default replacement. 'Nuff said. <3
retired moderator
Original Poster
#33 Old 23rd Sep 2007 at 6:05 AM
Guess what? ... I'm doing more right now... !!!!
Field Researcher
#34 Old 6th Oct 2007 at 12:04 AM
What would I do without you?

...Never use Maxis clothes, that's what I'd do. Now I'll actually use 'em! Hooray!
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Oct 2007 at 9:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Sarimar
Wonderful! I never let any of my sims use those icky maxis pj's! These are an amazing improvement. Thanks for sharing

oh, i completely agree!! thank you for these!!
Lab Assistant
#36 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 8:53 AM
Aww.. it's too bad you couldn't get the sleeves or at least the pants lengthened.. My fingers itch to tug on their hems every time my sims spin into Maxis pj's. LOL

I'll keep on the lookout for someone to make a default replacement mesh with the pants lengthened and in the meantime, these are going in my game! They look so much better.

3/31-4/1: I survived The Great Llama Day of 2006

"Flaming sims aren't much fun, they don't come when you call, they don't even try." - Iscariot on sim+firejet=?
retired moderator
Original Poster
#37 Old 2nd Nov 2007 at 7:03 PM
Its not a problem with the mesh, its a problem with the UV Map, once you stretch it out, it looks kinda funny. Though, I might try it again, seems to be on a lot of people's nerves.
Instructor
#38 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 1:42 AM
I'm confused as to why you think it's the UV map, Phaenoh. To strech the sleeves/pants you need to edit the mesh, not the UV map.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#39 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 4:27 AM
I DID that. Stretching the mesh makes the texture look funky. To fix that, its a UV Map issue.
Instructor
#40 Old 4th Nov 2007 at 12:40 PM
Oh. Maybe I just wasn't understanding what you were saying before. Lack of sleep does that to a person.

desperation makes you look like a tool

Exclusive downloads available only at Phasmatic Sims!
Field Researcher
#41 Old 7th Dec 2007 at 4:30 PM
Hey, I downloaded almost all of your Maxis default replacement clothing, and I wanted to say THANK YOU for making Maxis clothes usable
Test Subject
#42 Old 8th Dec 2007 at 1:30 AM
Yum. I love these PJs! They look much brighter...and colorful! I LOVE any kind of outfit with bright, nice colors, so these jammies are a definite improvement to me. I would have made default replacements myself, but I'm very lazy and didn't feel like getting into all that technical stuff :P

Please. DON'T ask me who Frazier is, or I'll hurt you.
Inventor
#43 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 12:54 PM
I love these re-textures and I noticed a few people asking about the mesh being made longer, well I found a default replacement of Bettye's longer pj mesh over at SFV, and these new default textures work along side the mesh replacement perfectly (I use both in my game with no problems). Just thought I'd let those who were asking about it know as I myself was looking for one for ages.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 20th Feb 2008 at 3:48 PM
Thanks for the link PearDrops! I'm guessing by 'no problems' you mean the texture isn't stretched? Thats good, I had a hard time trying to get that to work, I'm glad you mentioned it. Now those outfits will have absolutely nothing wrong with them to bug me about!
Inventor
#45 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 12:25 PM
The only thing I noticed is that on the female adults ones the end part of the arms where the darker colour is has a bigger block of colour but I don't think it makes much difference. Other than that the two replacements compliment each other very well.

~R.I.P Tibbs. You will be truely missed~

|MTS2|DeviantArt|
retired moderator
Original Poster
#46 Old 23rd Feb 2008 at 5:15 PM
Ah, that was the problem I was having with mine. Oh well, at least its closer to being better!
Test Subject
#47 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 7:49 PM
Quote:
Anyone else hated those solid colored matchy-matchy pjs that take up the majority of the space in the sleepwear catalog for your teens, adults, and elders?

LOL! You said "matchy-matchy"! You must be a Project Runway fan, as the only other time I've heard that term used is Nina Garcia and Heidi Klum during seasons 1 & 2 lol.

Awesome job, though, as always...
retired moderator
Original Poster
#48 Old 29th Feb 2008 at 10:08 PM
Nope, never seen the show, ever, and I don't know who those people are. I always used to describe the way my mother would dress as 'matchy-matchy', I needed new terms for the level of 'uncool' she had obtained during my teenage years.
Lab Assistant
#49 Old 8th Mar 2008 at 10:00 PM
So I sent Angela Pleasant and Dirk Dreamer to college once and they ended up in the hot pink and the baby blue PJ's, respectively. That has nothing to do with this, but at least when I have them go to bed, they will be in interesting PJ's now. Thanks!

And it's gone, baby, gone.
Test Subject
#50 Old 7th May 2008 at 12:34 AM
I love everything you do! Thanks a million!
Page 2 of 3